Join Our Translation Team

ScottIsAFool

olavinto

@LukeHi! I believe that the following source strings require correction as it seems that one is (or rather should be) about movie recordings and the other about TV recordings (or at least the fist one):

"(Optional). Select a library so save movie recordings into. This must be a library you've created in Emby library setup with the content type set to TV shows or mixed content."

"(Optional). Select a library so save movie recordings into. This must be a library you've created in Emby library setup with the content type set to movies or mixed content."

Edited by olavinto

4 minutes ago, olavinto said:

@LukeHi! I believe that the following source strings require correction as it seems that one is (or rather should be) about movie recordings and the other about TV recordings (or at least the fist one):

"(Optional). Select a library so save movie recordings into. This must be a library you've created in Emby library setup with the content type set to TV shows or mixed content."

"(Optional). Select a library so save movie recordings into. This must be a library you've created in Emby library setup with the content type set to movies or mixed content."

Yes good catch, thanks.

It seems to be an error with the new lines recently added into the Webapp translations.

Line #61028865

(Optional). Select a library so save movie recordings into. This must be a library you've created in Emby library setup with the content type set to TV shows or mixed content.

And

Line #61028866

(Optional). Select a library so save movie recordings into. This must be a library you've created in Emby library setup with the content type set to movies or mixed content.

Edited by Mibok
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2023 at 7:54 AM, Luke said:

It’s a mix between the two, but the majority are in the all apps set.

When can I see the Chinese version of emby on appleTV?

6 minutes ago, 17732 said:

When can I see the Chinese version of emby on appleTV?

We update the translations with each new app release. Thanks.

olavinto
On 12/19/2023 at 9:14 AM, Luke said:

Yes good catch, thanks.

"So" should also be "to" (forgot to mention this). Applies to both strings.

• Thanks 1

Two new projects have been added in OneSky under Emby Server:

• EmbyHome
  • EmbyHome-Alexa

These string sets are used for both Google Home and Alexa. If you can help translate those then we can support more languages on those platforms. Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

A new project has been added in OneSky under Emby Server. These are the phrases for the Backup & Restore plugin so that we can finally get that translated. Thanks everyone.

Killface69
On 12/26/2023 at 5:47 AM, Luke said:

We update the translations with each new app release. Thanks.

I'm using the Android TV FireTV apk v2.0.99a. I've noticed some issues with the German translation (like "Debugeinstellungen aAktivieren").

I wasn't able to find this line among others on OneSky, not even in the archived versions. Is there a special place or release cycle for the FTV app?

Just now, Killface69 said:

I'm using the Android TV FireTV apk v2.0.99a. I've noticed some issues with the German translation (like "Debugeinstellungen aAktivieren").

I wasn't able to find this line among others on OneSky, not even in the archived versions. Is there a special place or release cycle for the FTV app?

No. Most text comes from the All Apps string set.

Killface69
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

No. Most text comes from the All Apps string set.

There are two issues I cannot find. One thing is the duplicate 'a' for aktivieren. (Settings -> General Viewing Settings, bottom setting)

The other thing is with the suggestions view in movies. It says "Vorschläge weil du auch %s gesehen hast Spider-Man 2", with the placeholder not being swapped.

I'm pretty sure I searched all available projects for these strings or part of them with no success. @ebr

EDIT: The string is correct in the web app and in iOs player (store version). 

Edited by Killface69

NikeSwe
On 1/2/2024 at 9:00 PM, Luke said:

A new project has been added in OneSky under Emby Server. These are the phrases for the Backup & Restore plugin so that we can finally get that translated. Thanks everyone.

I can't find these strings for the restore dialog. I can see DatabaseFilesToRestore and DatabaseFilesToRestoreHelp but not "This dialog will..." or "Restore Options".

Capture_Backup__Restore_-_Google_Chrome_2024-01-06_14-41-15_35678276.png.069c65a2f3263452eb906beb163e5de8.png

Also, the name of the plugin in then menu needs a string for "Backup & Restore".

Edited by NikeSwe
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fuadpro said:

Please add the names of series in Arabic

Hi, what text in Emby are you referring to exactly?

• 2 weeks later...
JunLui

我想要帮忙翻译简体中文版本的Emby Server,仪表盘错误事件啥的。

I would like to help translate the Chinese Simplified Chinese version of Emby Server, dashboard error events or something.

• Thanks 1

EmbyMush
On 21/03/2014 at 22:48, ScottIsAFool said:

@@Migmac04 thanks, could you send me a PM with your email address please.

Hey ScottisAFool, I'm sending you a message too.

56 minutes ago, EmbyMush said:

Hey ScottisAFool, I'm sending you a message too.

HI, you don't need to PM him or anyone. You can just jump in on OneSky.

• Agree 1

JunLui

我希望简体中文不只出现在Emby 服务器和Emby 客户端上,Emby官方网站、论坛、文档应该中文化,在中国很多新人都被英语劝退,而机器翻译得出的结果并不让人满意而机器翻译得出的结果并不让人满意甚至无法理解, Emby的插件页面加载速度也让人担忧。
I hope that Chinese Simplified will not only appear on Emby's server and Emby client, Emby's official website, forums, and documents should be Chinese, many newcomers in China are dissuaded by English, and the results of machine translation are not satisfactory or even incomprehensible, and Emby's plugin page loading speed is also worrying.

• 2 weeks later...
NikeSwe

How does Emby get the available names for genres? The ones for movies are in Swedish, while the ones for TV are in English. From the provider?

Edited by NikeSwe

3 hours ago, NikeSwe said:

How does Emby get the available names for genres? The ones for movies are in Swedish, while the ones for TV are in English. From the provider?

Hi, yes from your chosen metadata provider.