DVR: filenames

andyblac644

Senna

Yeah, I know, it's working for SD listings, that why I said "for my setup" which uses an xmltv listing which apparently only Emby has trouble with, getting Sesaon/Episode info from, in DVR name, while at recording start, the Episode info IS written to NFO.

• Like 1

Well I thought it was only needed when we don't have either the numbers, or the original air date. In this case we do have the original air date, so the time was omitted. I can add the time but then you could have a situation with an original air date in the past along with today's time.

andyblac644

@@Luke sorry but something needs to be done, it makes DVR recordings all mixed up with Emby list 2 episodes of what it thinks is the same episode which is NOT, as previously stated once Emby has recorded, why can we not scrape it with TVDB check against current Date/Time and if it matches that of what is in TVDB for the episodes JUST recorded scrape using THAT info and rename with THAT data for Season / Episode number, IMO this should be pretty easy to do ????.

also look at the DATES that was recorded we are not in the future yet ??? they are OFF yesterday has the 30th March and today has 2nd April ???

5abebae40e6a4_ScreenShot20180330at205413

Edited by andyblac644

paulsalter

The future dates looks like an error on Schedules Direct, i am seeing the same in NextPVR

Fixes itself by next wednesday

The future dates looks like an error on Schedules Direct, i am seeing the same in NextPVR

Fixes itself by next wednesday

Thanks for the info !

• 2 weeks later...
andyblac644

Why do you feel that it's wrong?

time should be, 19 00. aka 7pm the time of start of recording. not 01 00 aka 1am.

Edited by andyblac644

• 1 month later...
PenkethBoy

@@Luke and @@andyblac644

Emmerdale has a Premier Data in the data Emby has and Luke is using that to name the file and it always appear to be the date the episode will air with time at 00:00:00 - this is then corrected to local from UTC so you have 01_00_00

What should be used is the StartDate so when you get two shows a night (Thursday in Uk for Emmerdale) files would have 19_00_00 and 20_00_00 appended respectively

The reason it works like this for Eastenders is that i does not have a premier date in the data emby has and Luke falls back to using the Startdate instead

So simple to fix for daily shows as the premier date is meaningless in this context

• Like 2

Spaceboy

just to join these two up https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/59070-dont-record-episodes-that-are-already-in-my-library-suddenly-broken/&do=findComment&comment=579973

So through the tvdb emby knows exactly what episodes are upcoming. these are shown in the upcoming tab of the tv library or within each show in the recordings library. the tvdb tells emby what date each episode will be on and if there are two on the same day, what order they are aired in

Emby also knows that it records the shows on the days that it is expecting it to be aired on. it also knows what order they are aired in by virtue of the time it was added.

why is it so difficult to get the two to meet in the middle and match on the basis of date and time?

obviously this is post fixing the basic error that caused all emmerdale episodes to be wrong as very helpfully noted by @@PenkethBoy above

• Like 2

andyblac644

@@Luke this happen on quite a lot of UK shows, not just shows that have double episodes in a day, as it is now it worse than it was originally as all 'these' no longer get parsed by the TVDB correctly, and just get thrown into 'Unkownseason' which is really bad, it must be possible as @@Spaceboy @@PenkethBoy said above, as Plex manage to do it somehow and they use the same data from GraceNote (aka SchedulesDirect).

Edited by andyblac644
  • Like 1

@@Luke and @@andyblac644

Emmerdale has a Premier Data in the data Emby has and Luke is using that to name the file and it always appear to be the date the episode will air with time at 00:00:00 - this is then corrected to local from UTC so you have 01_00_00

What should be used is the StartDate so when you get two shows a night (Thursday in Uk for Emmerdale) files would have 19_00_00 and 20_00_00 appended respectively

The reason it works like this for Eastenders is that i does not have a premier date in the data emby has and Luke falls back to using the Startdate instead

So simple to fix for daily shows as the premier date is meaningless in this context

Ok yes when the original air date = today's date, then we'll use the start date time.

just to join these two up https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/59070-dont-record-episodes-that-are-already-in-my-library-suddenly-broken/&do=findComment&comment=579973

So through the tvdb emby knows exactly what episodes are upcoming. these are shown in the upcoming tab of the tv library or within each show in the recordings library. the tvdb tells emby what date each episode will be on and if there are two on the same day, what order they are aired in

Emby also knows that it records the shows on the days that it is expecting it to be aired on. it also knows what order they are aired in by virtue of the time it was added.

why is it so difficult to get the two to meet in the middle and match on the basis of date and time?

obviously this is post fixing the basic error that caused all emmerdale episodes to be wrong as very helpfully noted by @@PenkethBoy above

I can't really respond to this without a detailed example. But generically I will say that we already use tvdb data, when there is something in the guide data to allow us to link the program to tvdb.

If there isn't, then we do not lookup the program by name because that will lead to incorrect matches.

Spaceboy

I can't really respond to this without a detailed example. But generically I will say that we already use tvdb data, when there is something in the guide data to allow us to link the program to tvdb.

If there isn't, then we do not lookup the program by name because that will lead to incorrect matches.

sorry luke, but a well planned out approach to making recorded tv a standard library would have considered that and made the necessary changes in advance...

also your comments on matching by name seem misplaced. i specifically mention matching on the basis of air date and air order if there are two programs with the same air date. i know this works as i've had other software doing this for daily shows.

you want an example, ok. the show is emmerdale, the day we are interested in is a thursday, lets take last week. There are 2 epiosdes one at 7pm-7.30 and one 8pm til 8.30.

the shows are incorrectly named as per the post from penkethboy above, they should be:

Emmerdale 2018_05_17_19_00_00

Emmerdale 2018_05_17_20_00_00

The tvdb has the following:

5b030bb612fb2_emmerdale.png

what more information do you need? you know air date and air order from the file name. anything that doesnt fit the strict criteria of that match should not be matched.

your competitor http://www.recordedtvhd.com/

PenkethBoy

Ok yes when the original air date = today's date, then we'll use the start date time.

Nope that not what you are doing - IF - the episode has a premiere datatime.

You can see this as Emmerdale are wrongly named and Eastenders are named correctly with their start datetime. Emmerdale has a Premiere dattime and East Enderers does not.

Sorry Luke but you completely missed my point - as you say often - did you fully read my post.

I will try again

For daily shows - DONT - use the premiere data - this is what's causing the problem for @@andyblac644 and @@Spaceboy - i.e. wrongly named files

Just use the START datetime so the files are correctly named by their air datetime

I didn't miss the point. I said we'll use, meaning "we will use", meaning we will make a change.

Spaceboy

Yes and I just responded to penkethboy about that.

you asked for a detailed example. Honestly Luke your communication is atrocious. I think you try to obfuscate to leave yourself wiggle room but it does no one any favours
  • Like 2

Spaceboy

I didn't miss the point. I said we'll use, meaning "we will use", meaning we will make a change.

you have completely missed the point. Naming the files correctly is step one. You need to fix the problem you caused by converting recordings to a proper tv library and I have shown you how to do that
  • Like 1

Senna

Honestly Luke your communication is atrocious. I think you try to obfuscate to leave yourself wiggle room but it does no one any favours

Well, considering Luke is the record holder on this forum who sometimes can answer a shitload of posts in just 1 minute, I don't find it strange that details are overlooked, resulting in users posting the same feedback over and over again, which is very, very frustrating for experienced Emby users who spend time and effort giving feedback, just to make Emby a better product, which results in more revenue for Emby....