Emby stops responding to https every couple days

jhoff80

Server became unresponsive last night when browsing via the Android TV client, tried connecting via the web client and could not connect either. Needed to reboot the server. Looks like there are quite a few errors being thrown in the log file which weren't there when the server became unresponsive previously so maybe it is a different issue. PMed you the logfile.

I think it is something different but I'm going to add some debug logging for the next build. thanks.

Do you find something? I still have this issue everytime after couple of days.

At this point everything has been reverted back to pretty much how it was with 3.2.70. If you are having an issue it is likely different. As always please make sure to refer to how to report a problem. thanks !

Jdiesel

Seems to be resolved on my end. I had been running 3.3.1.11 and now 3.3.1.12 with no issues for a week now.

Thanks for the feedback. For those curious we run what is essentially a customized version of Microsoft's kestrel http server. It is customized to resolve some issues as well as remove certain workflows that we don't need. However every now and then I like to sync back up and adopt more MS reference source, to get improvements they've added, as well as try to head in the direction of dropping our custom version altogether. After 3.2.70 I aggressively adopted a fair amount of MS reference source, and in the process of doing so, lost a number of fixes and improvements I had made along the way. So that is how this began.

• Like 2

Happy2Play

There must be system variables as my stable server show uptime ot 28 days and has https external connection for 3 to 4 hours daily.

HI, i'm just wondering if anything has changed in 3.3.1.14 (or .13)? as i seem to be getting the issue again.

I was stable for since the 27th march on 3.3.1.9 

HI, i'm just wondering if anything has changed in 3.3.1.14 (or .13)? as i seem to be getting the issue again.

I was stable for since the 27th march on 3.3.1.9 

No, nothing has changed. Best thing to do is attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks.

mwongjay

Just want to report that this is still an issue for me on 3.3.1.14 on linux. For testing I restarted the web server yesterday afternoon and verified 1 remote connection was able to connect and stream. Streamed through the evening. Checked again this morning and was unable to connect remotely so remote access was down less than 24 hours. I had similar results on 3.3.1.12-13 as well.

Just want to report that this is still an issue for me on 3.3.1.14 on linux. For testing I restarted the web server yesterday afternoon and verified 1 remote connection was able to connect and stream. Streamed through the evening. Checked again this morning and was unable to connect remotely so remote access was down less than 24 hours. I had similar results on 3.3.1.12-13 as well.

It is likely something different. Best thing to do is attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks.

Jdiesel

I upgraded to 3.3.1.14 about 24 hours ago and this morning I was unable to connect. It appears that it was working fine until I tried to connect via https on a webbrowser as there was a user watching a video perfectly until I attempted to connect at which point the video timed out. PMed you a log.

Hi Luke,

same issue here, on debian 9 after a certain period of time (sometime one week, sometime one day), it is impossible to connect in https from outside.

there's no specific message in the log, but I can PM you the log if you think it's useful.

I think I will add a restart of Emby every night in the crontab

jhoff80

Hmm.  I never updated past .12 so I wouldn't have personally seen any issues on newer builds than that.

pmac

I'm not sure if sending my log files will help, but I can if you'd like; I've been having the same problem as the other users in here for a little while now. I initially thought it was just my Android TV client, but now it is anything connecting to emby on my local network. Restarting the server seems to temporarily fix the issue, but I've had to restart it 3 times in as many hours tonight.

Happy2Play

I'm not sure if sending my log files will help, but I can if you'd like; I've been having the same problem as the other users in here for a little while now. I initially thought it was just my Android TV client, but now it is anything connecting to emby on my local network. Restarting the server seems to temporarily fix the issue, but I've had to restart it 3 times in as many hours tonight.

And what server version are you one?

pmac

And what server version are you one?

I've restarted the server twice now while watching a single tv episode. The server is still running, and emby theater works fine from the server machine, but I can't connect any network clients to it until I close the server and reopen it.

Crestj

Just want to add a +1 to this but I'm still running server version 3.3.1.0.

How are you guys getting the newer versions? I can't seem to get Emby to see a newer version.

What is the current version that's downloaded from the Emby homepage?

Happy2Play

Just want to add a +1 to this but I'm still running server version 3.3.1.0.

How are you guys getting the newer versions? I can't seem to get Emby to see a newer version.

What is the current version that's downloaded from the Emby homepage?

3.3.1.0 is the current stable release.  As others here have reported this should be resolved in the next release.  I would expect a new stable to coming out any day now.

pmac

I hope it's fixed asap, it's gotten to the point where I can't even use emby anymore unless I'm watching something directly on my server machine. I've had to restart the server 4 times so far and I'm only 6 minutes into this show. It wouldn't be quite as bad if my server machine was on the same floor of the house...

Happy2Play

There still has to other variables then just the server as I have mine running for weeks without issue.  But I am on Windows Emby Server (stable and beta) with Roku and web client (local and Remote https).

extensive

I hope it's fixed asap, it's gotten to the point where I can't even use emby anymore unless I'm watching something directly on my server machine. I've had to restart the server 4 times so far and I'm only 6 minutes into this show. It wouldn't be quite as bad if my server machine was on the same floor of the house...

this isnt going to be fixed ASAP.  it has already been almost a month and a half.

extensive

Hi, if you're still having an issue I'd like to investigate. Can you please attach an emby server log? 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

i would rather not install the beta and i feel that would introduce far more issues in the long run.  so i come here every few days to see if this has been resolved.  a few posts up there were 2 reports of the latest beta still having this problem.  i believe they sent you the logs, if not, that is a bummer.

my extended family pretty much gave up on emby as it has just been too frustrating going to my server.  i patiently await a fix. 

Edited by extensive