Emby stops responding to https every couple days

jhoff80

Jdiesel

Also worth mentioning that I am running linux and Emby server is binding to ports 8096 and 443. I suppose it is possible the Emby is releasing port 443 or some other software is interfering with it but I am not aware of any software on my server that would be using port 443.

jhoff80

There's definitely something really weird about all this... because for the past week it happened once a day.  And now all of a sudden today, it's not even lasting 20 minutes.  I also switched from the release version to 3.3.1.7 with no change observed.  Still the same issue.

In the interest of adding more information, some of which was already probably in my logs:

Emby SSL: 8097

Emby non-SSL: 8096

My certificate is through Let's Encrypt, and still has a month before expiry currently.  Same certificate is used for Server 2016 Essentials Remote Web Access with no issues as well.

Also, with regards to removing "https://" from the external domain field, I never put it there in the first place.  Mine has always just been remote.<domain>.com in that field.

Jdiesel

Down again on 3.3.1.7. Was up for about 30 hours before becoming unresponsive over https. 

Ok thanks, I think I have a handle on it. Please try the next beta server, thanks.

• Like 1

Jdiesel

Ok thanks, I think I have a handle on it. Please try the next beta server, thanks.

Alright will try the next release when it is out. Is there anything that might trigger it that I can use to replicate the issue? Lots of activity or connections perhaps? 

Well I don't know what the single bad event is at this point but it does look like when they start to pile up that it just becomes an issue of too many open sockets. So now they'll at least be closed when there's a problem.

New beta is up. If any of you can try that out, that would be very helpful. Thanks.

Jdiesel

New beta is up. If any of you can try that out, that would be very helpful. Thanks.

No luck, only lasted about 2 hours before it went down. PMed you the logfile.

jhoff80

I'm not sure when exactly 3.3.1.8 went down here either, but I upgraded and 12 hours later was asked to reset it again so someone could connect.

Jdiesel

Whoops didn't realize the compiled builds had been removed from Github already. I see 3.3.1.10 has been released so I will wait for that now

The website will always link you directly to the downloads. That is the best place to go. Thanks.

jhoff80

I've been on 3.3.1.10 for about 44 hours now with no issues so yeah, I'm cautiously optimistic that this is fixed.  I'll upgrade to whatever newest build when I hit a week (or if it ends up happening again), but I just want to see if it keeps working if I leave it running.

• Like 1

Jdiesel

Yes, been on 3.3.1.10 for about 36 hours now with no issues. I started to migrate some users back over to my Ember server today so it should see a bit of a test under load this weekend.

Jdiesel

Server became unresponsive last night when browsing via the Android TV client, tried connecting via the web client and could not connect either. Needed to reboot the server. Looks like there are quite a few errors being thrown in the log file which weren't there when the server became unresponsive previously so maybe it is a different issue. PMed you the logfile.