Emby stops responding to https every couple days

jhoff80

vaise

Hi Luke,

I went back to the stable stream for this round due to all the issues I had to manage on the last round.

When is the next stable update planned ?  but I sort of need this so I may jump back on the beta to sort it now if the stable update is a while off.

Thanks..

Can't really offer an ETA but it is likely to be a little while. Thanks.

vaise

OK, Thanks Luke, I am not back on the beta train.  Only reason i left the beta stream was the auto organise plugin kept breaking with releases.  Its fine at this beta now though so will stop there if possible until stable.

Will report back on the ssl breakdown if it happens again.,

Fratopolis

Luke would you like a dedicated hyper-v emby install on my side you can RDP to with full access and With notifications when SSL stops working. I can set this up for you. I will keep it segregated from everything else on my network. Haven't read all the feed on this for a while so not sure if you have been able to reproduce. This way you will be able to view logs properly on an actual setup with clean windows install. I can put whatever version of Windows on you want. Or multiple hyper-v instances.

Fratopolis

Lol just updated to beta. And going to roll back to previous stable from veeam recovery when the next stable is released for a clean upgrade.

So far beta working.

EDIT: Sorry Luke, what I meant from the first post was which beta initially resolve the issue. Not that I was on the beta at that moment. I was on the last stable. Sorry for the confusion. I ended up just jumping to latest beta to try it out.

Edited by Fratopolis

AgileHumor

Lol just updated to beta. And going to roll back to previous stable from veeam recovery when the next stable is released for a clean upgrade.

So far beta working.

EDIT: Sorry Luke, what I meant from the first post was which beta initially resolve the issue. Not that I was on the beta at that moment. I was on the last stable. Sorry for the confusion. I ended up just jumping to latest beta to try it out.

I've had mucho problems updating via web interface.  I've had to install the beta build via the website installer.

@@AgileHumor, beta discussion is intended for the Testing Area of the community. There is already a topic about automatic updates for windows in the testing area. Please participate there. Thanks.

Fratopolis

I've had mucho problems updating via web interface. I've had to install the beta build via the website installer.

Was this meant for me? If you are going from stable you cannot update to the beta via the web interface. So you did it right. If you plan on staying in the beta then all inquiries are as Luke said. They belong in the beta/testing area of the forum.

Edited by Fratopolis

mirkonline

I'm on the last stable version, but the problem persist, even using IIS as Reverse Proxy (disabling the Reverse Proxy in Emby).

The problem usually happen when some users disconnect from Emby...

Try investigate that way...

mirkonline

Please try again with the next release. Thanks.

In the meantime next release will be ready, it's safe to automatically taskkill (via script) the emby process in Windows? Or could it have some problems with database, cache and other?

That could cause database corruption. Using the restart function within emby would be safer.

mirkonline

That could cause database corruption. Using the restart function within emby would be safer.

When I restart Windows, I should manually stop Emby Server for sure, or it will be safe stopped when Windows restarts?