utomi

Xbox One X + No 4K HEVC Direct Play or HDR!!!

RemeJuan

It's your choice of course. But it makes my xbox work like an nvidia shield. It can directly play anything you throw at it without having to transcode.

So does plex, while it has a few less desirable things those are all on the server side, using kodi won't make a lick of difference. It's user interface in some ways is much better than Emby, the most noticeable one is the play button works on the media remote.

Plex player or kodi as the player does not resolve any of my personal dislikes of plex.

swanlee

Using the plex plug in for kodi on the Xbox one version strips out HDR.

So using it to play 4k hdr makes it pointless.

It would be nice if Emby could get 4k hdr working or plex/MS could actually get the native plex client working properly on the Xbox

Edited by swanlee

tearfalls

So does plex, while it has a few less desirable things those are all on the server side, using kodi won't make a lick of difference. It's user interface in some ways is much better than Emby, the most noticeable one is the play button works on the media remote.

Plex player or kodi as the player does not resolve any of my personal dislikes of plex.

Plex the app itself on xbox is broken. You can't use it to play anything.

RemeJuan

Plex the app itself on xbox is broken. You can't use it to play anything.

If playing everything you have without any problems is broken then sure it's broken AF. I moved over 3 months ago when I got my 4k TV, so I dunno what bad juju you haz...

Gohlas

Hey,

Sorry for resurrecting this post, but was there any update on xbox emby theater to support HDR?