Photo

Xbox One X + No 4K HEVC Direct Play or HDR!!!

xbox hevc 4k direct play

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#141 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 136163 posts
  • Local time: 04:53 PM

Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:18 PM

Also hoping for an Emby 4K HDR solution on XB1X, attempting to play via Emby Theatre or DNLA straight to the native video app just triggers transcoding which my little home server as no hope of being able to do. If playing files via Ember for Emby the video is fine but no audio.  :(

Please attach the ffmpeg log. Thanks.

#142 swanlee OFFLINE  

swanlee

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:49 PM

Any update to when Emby will support 4k HDR on the Xbox? I'm really wanting to dump Plex as their 4k HDR solution on the Xbox is a buffering mess and their support won;t even talk to us.

#143 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 136163 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:55 PM

It's still an issue of some features not being made available to third party apps.

#144 swanlee OFFLINE  

swanlee

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:03 PM

It's still an issue of some features not being made available to third party apps.

Has MS given you guys any ETA as to when this will happen? How does Plex get around it? Plex is able to do 4k HDR it's just they have some issues with the IP stack or something where 4k HDR streams will just randomly go in a buffer loop and during that no network traffic is seen.

#145 jntaylor1701 OFFLINE  

jntaylor1701

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Local time: 03:53 PM
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:35 AM

Guys, save yourself the aggravation and just get another device for 4k playback.  I bought a Firestick 4k with the LAN adapter and have not looked back.  I WANTED my Xbox to be the one device for all media and games but I doubt it's going to happen.  (Its been how long waiting on this?)  Save the XBOX for games and maybe DVD / Blu-Ray playback.

#146 jntaylor1701 OFFLINE  

jntaylor1701

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Local time: 03:53 PM
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:23 PM

BTW, the VLC app for Xbox seems to work as dlna client. No art work and it's all file browsing.
  • FrostByte likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xbox, hevc, 4k, direct play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users