#21 miniliQuid OFFLINE  

miniliQuid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Local time: 08:06 PM
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 April 2020 - 05:58 AM

This is very similiar to how i pictured it, and netflix are doing something similiar.

However instead of having a set list like you have suggested i would simply call it Watch Together

Once you select Watch Together you should then be taken to a screen to select the 'Host' user (the one who would control the library access) and any secondary viewers. If the primary had a password then ask for it and login

I've done a mock up below - notice disabling so there is only one host and the host can not also be a spectator. 

5c73b4c82f3a7_step1.png

5c73b68bcaeb9_step2.png

This looks great :) good idea and worked out in to a picture example :D

+1 for this!

Edited by miniliQuid, 07 April 2020 - 05:58 AM.

• Scott D, neik and Bigmack3000 like this

#22 DarkZrobe OFFLINE  

DarkZrobe

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time: 12:06 PM

Posted 08 April 2020 - 10:07 AM

I know his original request was for some sort of tracking when a group of folks watch at a time. But I do believe more folks would like the feature where we could sync multiple remote streams. I would also REALLY like that during this pandemic. A watch together/watch party native to the web client would allow me to stream with multiple folks.

If a new post/request needs to be made let me know and I will create a new one.

#23 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 51956 posts
  • Local time: 02:06 PM

Posted 08 April 2020 - 10:09 AM

I know his original request was for some sort of tracking when a group of folks watch at a time. But I do believe more folks would like the feature where we could sync multiple remote streams. I would also REALLY like that during this pandemic. A watch together/watch party native to the web client would allow me to stream with multiple folks.

If a new post/request needs to be made let me know and I will create a new one.

There is already a feature request for that.

Multi-Cast Support

#24 DarkZrobe OFFLINE  

DarkZrobe

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time: 12:06 PM

Posted 08 April 2020 - 10:13 AM

There is already a feature request for that.

Multi-Cast Support

Is multi-cast and a plugin/setting for group play the same? The multicast seems more in the same network. I would like to see something for folks outside of my network built in to the webpage.

But if that request is for the same thing, I will be quiet.

#25 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 51956 posts
  • Local time: 02:06 PM

Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:17 AM

I deleted a duplicate post that was unrelated to this actual feature request so was just going to confuse people :).  You can find the same post in the proper feature request.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: User, accounts, watched, status, multiple, viewers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users