Server Crashing Version 3.2.36.0

tyr_88

seems

the forums code has changed as well space is not working each time I come to message but works totally fine everywhere else

I have tested multiple times even pulled all nighter to go ahead and fresh full SSD secure erase dataa install a upgraded the current version of win10 64bit and each time I activate that said working plugin totally 100% failure 

Nothing else was even installed besides motherboard drivers, intel ethernet, graphics and did not even begin my custom modding of windows and still tried after with 100% failure I'll stick around till next release if it works works not I'll just grab a free media center bc I do not have time to be doing the fixing thing everyday and can't upgrade without ditching plugin which I have chosen to do and its has ran nonstop since and not found of sharing logs even in private with someone I don't know lot of footage+titles that makes people butthurt, being in historic studies 

Once you install and notifies to to restart Emby is gone crashed and will not open till it is removed

@ Luke no reason I cannot try the active beta and get back to you sinc I am on portable emby this go around 

but in win10 x64 on my end old installation creators update to totally fresh fall creators update it is 100% that plugin for me looks like a lot of different kinds of crashes reulting from something not see this many here since I been around actually first issue that was even really bad 

I can access emby from my Intel stick in LAN network, from my phone in LAN and WAN network but not from emby app, scrrenplay app or DLNA in my LG TV. The 8096 port is open and accesible and the firewall is pointed to embyserver.exe. All connected by WiFi.

I cannot imagine what the problem must be.

Let me know if you sort it out.

THANKS...

Do you have isp router or another network infront of ISP with a VPN to say?

Have you checked Edge traversal settings in those firewall rules?

Hi tyr_88,

Connected directly to modem/router and no VPN.

Right now, without touching nothing (as before). I have connection from both Stick and TV.

I pray for nothing changes as I don't have a clue what solved the issue.

I'll let you know if anything changes.

MANY THANKS to you all for the help!!!...

bardmaster

I would like to share my experience for everybody's FYI on this thread.

I still had anomalies after patching together something that got the server back up with this version (like all my channels disappearing!), so I ended up doing the dramatic step of a full uninstall and clean reinstall.  This was made largely benign by 1) copying down all my settings and recorded Live TV series beforehand, and 2) having all metadata saved already in the media folders directly.  As I'm running Emby Server as a service, I also updated my service in the registry to point to embyserver.exe, and made sure the firewall allowed traffic for this executable, for a clean break from the old mediabrowser exe.

It took at least 24 hours for the media library to rebuild, so do this if and when you have a couple days where Emby is not available.  Note I had an odd anomaly where the progress meter got up to 67.8% very quickly but stuck there for several hours, so ignore the % and just let it rebuild.

Now everything is working great again, I discovered a few newer options to explore that maybe weren't in place the first time I set up Emby Server, and I actually feel this was a positive thing and might even have better performance - much like occasionally doing a clean install of Windows helps clear out old clutter and unnecessary settings etc.

Painful, yes.  Unexpected need, yes.  But in the end, a good thing - at least for me.

• 2 weeks later...

reporting whatever it was in version

is gone with update to .40

I just kept the server rolled back to .35 until noticed .40 and installed it everything works normally again bypassing .36 update

sorry for late reply about a month over what I usually work till this time of year

welp that was not long the new version of server stable has corrupted

same plugin COVERART that would not allow last version to work properly has yet taken out new install

also backup plugin has corrupted as well

This is isolated in every version I have had issues to only emby install

I'm going to look around for alternatives if I decide to cancel I want it cancelled no trying to force me to keep subscription

Maybe you guys should check reddit out lots lots of complaining on there

And can you point us to issues on Reddit? Thanks !

I did not bookmark the page easy google search returns many complaints and results

Corrupted- meaning it ran fine for 3 days solid then came back about hour later backup plugin corruption, updated corruption, and they all revolved around COVER ART as it triggered first failure to update, then would say update, then reboot they all failed.

I also  thought new media added was corrupting but I'm not sure what has been done since this new electron has been implemented but you cannot watch any TV or Documentary series period now since that stuff was installed unless it has a image and description.

But I wiped out my install completely installed emby current fresh all plugins finally work.

ROKU

Win 10 x64 fall creators fresh

Emby current Fresh

They will not play through Roku and will play on PC through interface nothing has changed at all HEVC x265 mvk's

I also tried to install the service since even a fresh install did not install service nor a startup entry on this version

not a C+ command prompty person the NSSM instructions maybe easy to coders but makes no since to me very vague

There is no windows GUI open 32 or 64 nssm and it gives you tiny little page not a GUI

But the above is still occuring

1. Why is it not possible to watch media until images and description is placed?

2. It is not only that but 3 hours ago I found out half my PRE-Working media will not play at all now since electron implementation.

So how to fix this issue especially would help?

Also I noticed the last 2 versions had install and check for updates pre-checked this is a bad idea especially last 2 Windows issues I ran into the first becaause of thaat could nbot even enter admin panel had to just wipe it out bc update forced.

I think I may should just go back version .35 if you could please give me the .exe for it???? It works fine I do not need nor want these updates they are not beneficial to me and have only cause me about 7days of working on this and no time watching anything. Well cannot watch half my files on these builds for some reason.

And all problems are not open you guys want everyone to send via pm logs theres much chatter and people saying theyre leaving due to lack of transparity and the feeling of being forced to keep emby and not just let someone cancel on reddit. forgot to add that

Edited by tyr_88

As far as media not playing, ff you can provide a server log i'm happy to investigate. You can PM or post it here, either is fine and I'll take a look, thanks.

and not just let someone cancel on reddit. forgot to add that

What do you mean by this exactly? How would you cancel using reddit? That would require public display of personal information which isn't a good idea. @@ebr

As far as media not playing, ff you can provide a server log i'm happy to investigate. You can PM or post it here, either is fine and I'll take a look, thanks.

Not cancelling from reddit just much complaining and bashing I noticed on there might want to have someone on Reddit to offer support seen some were people stating they have used emby since its creaation as well. Just thought it might be a user base to try and salvage.

But

Thing is Luke half of my files won't play and when I attempt to play them it will not throw a error, the Roku screen sits and loads continuously then ends up not starting at all and goes back to main Roku menu...

This all started occuring when Electron was introduced.

All media almost is encoded to HEVC x265 as it was before

here is log 1

Movies - 800+

Series - 300+ files

History - over 100,000 hours of footage and docs

Going to take some pictures of it maybe small video clip just have woke up bear with me brb

ffmpeg-transcode-8048e3e4-f052-4cf5-988e-211696e8bdaa.txt

amazing

Just looked and  it stopped the not playing must of been backed up for days on transcoding [Chapter Images] ????

Had to be because .36 on till now these files all listed with no cover art or description have not played at all during that timeframe nor would any of them play yesterday, day before up till I posted this

Would it creating chapter images cause it not to playback there should be on the fly transcode correct?

I only have the one underlying issue before going it is Emby did not fresh install with startup command line nor did it install as a service.

I tried the NSSM I get no user GUI at all I placed all in Sys32 directory and followed directions with no luck on creating a service.  ( I used the beta NSSM as directed on the creators site for Win10]

So stuck on that have to manually boot emby on reboot or power failure

Edited by tyr_88

Can you try turning off quick sync? Thanks.

@@Luke everything is working fine now just do not have a startup command line or service via totally fresh Emby install as mentioned above.

It could of possibly been the size of my library from fresh install to 2-3 days span of it transcoding and making chapters for everything but I had just woke up posted to you yesterday literally turned it on and bam everything played as usual and still is

The only issue I have left is auto start I did try NSSM but I get no user GUI 64bit or 32 bit version I followed your Git instructions and the link to NSSM to no avail.

Something with windows, the new implementations and possibly was quick sync as well.

But basically woke straight up tried it did not work made the post checked again and somehow was working after 3 or so days of not playing anything without description, link, or image data.

Thanks for the feedback. In recent versions we have updated ffmpeg and that could very well be the cause of your quick sync problem. We have also added the ability to automatically switch from GPU to CPU when there is a failure, however in your case it's not something that can be easily detected.

Did you follow the NSSM guide that our wiki links to? That is what brings up the NSSM GUI. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Goldgrabber

My server fails to restart itself after trying to apply the latest update.  Seems to work fine if I cancel the restart but if I say yes or it does it automatically, it does not restart and after manually restarting the server, it tries to apply the update and restart again.  Is there a fix for this or do I just need to keep cancelling it?

My server fails to restart itself after trying to apply the latest update.  Seems to work fine if I cancel the restart but if I say yes or it does it automatically, it does not restart and after manually restarting the server, it tries to apply the update and restart again.  Is there a fix for this or do I just need to keep cancelling it?

Hi.  Please re-install the server from the website over top of your current installation.

Thanks.