Server Crashing Version 3.2.36.0

tyr_88

Fratopolis

Almost the same thing happened to me, as one person said I would update then the server would not restart. When I manually restarted it would be on the previous version.  i basically did what Luke suggested. I downloaded the latest portable version, extracted, then laid it over my installed version. And it was working fine again. 

nagetech

Howdy!

Just started noticing this recently since upgrading to Version 3.2.36.0. The server seems to crash an random/unexpected times. I've followed all updates religiously and server has been rock solid for months now, until now :( I am running windows server 2012 r2 and literally nothing else has changed on the server besides the update.

Including the log file hoping you can figure it out @@Luke :)

Thanks ahead of time ;)

server-63645387998.txt

Happy2Play

Since there are lots other topics with a lot of "Me too" and the same problem, and a suggestion of reinstalling from the download page and it working.  Why not give it a try.

Like this one.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

lexisdude

Would like to inject this ; as I too had server side crashes - with no real instance in the logs that suggested the reason. Manually installing from the DL page did not correct it.. why would I along with a  bunch of other people be receiving botched up updates unless there was something really wrong? 3.2.34 worked for me ; all plugins included.. and now plugins are culprit?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/47386-extremely-slow-web-ui-performance/?p=507436

Edited by lexisdude

Would like to inject this ; as I too had server side crashes - with no real instance in the logs that suggested the reason. Manually installing from the DL page did not correct it.. why would I along with a  bunch of other people be receiving botched up updates unless there was something really wrong? 3.2.34 worked for me ; all plugins included.. and now plugins are culprit?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/47386-extremely-slow-web-ui-performance/?p=507436

@@lexisdude Nobody has said that plugins are causing the crashing mentioned in this topic. In fact it is due to a third party library that was updated and is having some issues for certain users. That's why installing the latest over the top resolves the issue. Thanks.

lexisdude

Perhaps my issue is entirely different then - as the crashes occur with visual artifacts on the webui. Manually installing / overwriting the automated install does not help - it still exists. 

Perhaps my issue is entirely different then - as the crashes occur with visual artifacts on the webui. Manually installing / overwriting the automated install does not help - it still exists. 

@@lexisdude, can you please provide an emby server log? thanks !

stuclark

I have re-installed from the web download, and am still getting almost constant server crashes. I can't even load the web page; then click on movies and have it load all thumbnails before it crashes.

Logs attached

Edited by stuclark

I have re-installed from the web download, and am still getting almost constant server crashes. I can't even load the web page; then click on movies and have it load all thumbnails before it crashes.

Logs attached

hi @@stuclark, try running the web installer from the website:

https://emby.media/windows-server.html

Thanks !

• Like 1

stuclark

hi @@stuclark, try running the web installer from the website:

https://emby.media/windows-server.html

Thanks !

Sorry, that's what I meant to say I had run - I clicked on the Stable Release button and went through that installation (it downloaded setup.exe, which I then ran).

I just realised I had 2 plugins that had expired their trial periods, but removing them hasn't cured the issue.

Ok, the reason why I mentioned that is because based on your log it doesn't appear that you've actually done this. Perhaps the install may have had an error. Try doing it again but this time make sure you've shut down emby server first. Thanks.

stuclark

It's got worse now... I have re-run the installer and now I can't get the server to stay running for long enough to be able to get into the dashboard...

Here's the latest log file

Edited by stuclark

Happy2Play

@@stuclark

From the log provided, it shows you have not updated to the new net core version via the installer from the download page.

stuclark

@@stuclark

From the log provided, it shows you have not updated to the new net core version via the installer from the download page.

I'm running on Windows 10, release 1709, so already have that update installed as part of the OS (indeed, if I run the offline installer it confirms it is installed and will not allow me to over-write with an "older" version).

stuclark

Please provide a new server log, thanks.

I have just tried un-installing and re-installing the whole Emby sever.

EDIT 2: I am just waiting for the server to fully re-scan my media library, but so far, I don't seem to be having the crashing issue any longer - the crashing is back - it seemed to start when I asked the "Auto Box Sets" plugin to refresh my collections - I'm not sure the Auto Box Sets plugin is to blame either now

Edited by stuclark

Just crashed after the server finally updated to 3.2.36.0 (it was stuck on 3.2.35.0 for a day or two since every time the emby process was restarted the installation wouldn't complete properly). Last night the server updated to 3.2.36.0 and this morning around 11:30 AM the server process crashed and I had to manually restart it when I got home 6 hours later. Hoping this won't happen again, but based on the feedback in this thread I'm not terribly optimistic. Good luck resolving!

Just crashed after the server finally updated to 3.2.36.0 (it was stuck on 3.2.35.0 for a day or two since every time the emby process was restarted the installation wouldn't complete properly). Last night the server updated to 3.2.36.0 and this morning around 11:30 AM the server process crashed and I had to manually restart it when I got home 6 hours later. Hoping this won't happen again, but based on the feedback in this thread I'm not terribly optimistic. Good luck resolving!

Try installing from the website on top of your existing version. Thanks !

Try installing from the website on top of your existing version. Thanks !

This option was proposed to other users in this thread without success. I will wait for an actual fix in a new build of Emby or until the problem is pinpointed and resolved. The sad thing is that I didn't even want auto-updates on. I turned it off after installing the latest server version about a month ago. About two weeks later I wanted to update to 3.2.34.0 so I performed a manual update. Now I realize that since performing that manual update, Emby decided to change my auto-update settings and turned them all on. It's a drag, but I will have to be more vigilant about checking for this bug whenever I perform manual updates in the future until it has been resolved.

This option was proposed to other users in this thread without success. I will wait for an actual fix in a new build of Emby or until the problem is pinpointed and resolved. The sad thing is that I didn't even want auto-updates on. I turned it off after installing the latest server version about a month ago. About two weeks later I wanted to update to 3.2.34.0 so I performed a manual update. Now I realize that since performing that manual update, Emby decided to change my auto-update settings and turned them all on. It's a drag, but I will have to be more vigilant about checking for this bug whenever I perform manual updates in the future until it has been resolved.

Because based on the new logs they provided I'm not entirely sure they actually did what was asked.

However, the ones that did do it had success. You must have missed posts #26, #27 and #28.