Server Crashing Version 3.2.36.0

tyr_88

Yea I apologize. If i had known the firewall issue would happen then I would have had the server just force the re-authorization with windows firewall on the update.

• Like 1

JimmyJimmy

​I have nothing to add but the fact that I'm having the same crashing problems.

​Is there any way to stop auto updates? Feels like every so often there's an update that breaks everything and I'm pretty tired of it. I would like to stay at the recent version that works and wait for reports of the new version.

Happy2Play

​Is there any way to stop auto updates? Feels like every so often there's an update that breaks everything and I'm pretty tired of it. I would like to stay at the recent version that works and wait for reports of the new version.

Have you looked at Dashboard-Settings-Automatic Updates?

Hi, try installing from the website on top of your existing installation and that should take care of it. Thanks !

Tharnax

@@Luke - as you can see I've manually updated the Inbound Rules for EMBY server on both TCP and UDP.  I assumed I didn't have to change the outbound rules as the ports haven't changed on the server.  Unfortunately, I'm still unable to connect to the server other than localhost on the server itself.  I still can't access through the LAN or WAN.  Also, I found some config XML files under the config/users/user directory but none of them refer to the "isportauthorized" option.  I'm at this point I'm at a loss and I'm not technically knowledgeable enough to troubleshoot.  Not sure what to do next.  :(   At least I was able to borrow someone's Netflix account to keep the family somewhat happy while I try to figure this out.

5a0527c553dfe_EMBYServer.png

Hi,

I have the same issue.

It started yesterday evening. Untill 15:00 CET I had no problem with my devices. By 22:00 I was unable to connect in any of them (Intel Stick and LG TV 4K).

I am running Emby Server Windows 3.2.36.0 portable on Windows 10 Pro 17035 and never had this issue before.

I tried all I can think of (install server from setup, delete all files and rules, etc...) and nothing... Today, after all night shut off, I have set the server portable again and now can access emby from Intel Stick but not from my TV. This means the issue has nothing to do with firewall. Otherwise, I couldn't connect with the stick either, right?.

One thing I have noted is, before I had an emby server icon in the 'Devices and Printers' section. Now it has disappeared. I have no Emby Server service installed and running either.

I found the 'isportauthorized' entry in the system.xml file inside the ...\emby server\programdata\config\ folder Line 16:   <IsPortAuthorized>true</IsPortAuthorized>. If this helps anybody.

One question I have is, what's the difference in running EmbyServer.exe / MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe?. I have run any or the other and see the same output. Sure I'm missing something.

I'm willing to test any solution you can provide.

THANKS...

Try Hong through windows firewall and changing any rules for mediabrowserseveraaalication.exe to embyserver.exe.

I can access emby from my Intel stick in LAN network, from my phone in LAN and WAN network but not from emby app, scrrenplay app or DLNA in my LG TV. The 8096 port is open and accesible and the firewall is pointed to embyserver.exe. All connected by WiFi.

I cannot imagine what the problem must be.

Let me know if you sort it out.

THANKS...

overClocked!

Have you looked at Dashboard-Settings-Automatic Updates?

I got bit by the automatic update also, which I had disabled previously. But I cannot find where to set this anymore with version 3.2.36.0.

What am I missing?

post-2317-15103673705533_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

I got bit by the automatic update also, which I had disabled previously. But I cannot find where to set this anymore with version 3.2.36.0.

What am I missing?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1510367369.821907.jpg

Hmm, looks like something that is missing in .36.0.  I see it in beta 36.7.

Tharnax

There's a hidden config value in the server XML config something like isportauthorized. Set that to false then start the server and it will reauthorize the app with windows firewall. Please note you can also accomplish the same thing by manually configuring windows firewall.

Thanks @@Luke, with Happy2Play's help in finding the server.xml file (didn't quite understand what "server XML config" meant but I was able to make the change by setting "isportauthorized" to false after closing the server, upon restart it is now viable on the LAN and WAN.

Server crashed yesterday even after I've manually installed the update from the website. I think before the update when I crashed the server process had closed itself. This time the process was still hanging, but when I noticed I couldn't access Emby I checked the logs and the last entry was from 1h40mins prior. Only thing I noticed was that the transcoding-temp directory was filled with about 10GB worth of files. But I've had that issue in the past many times where Emby just doesn't clear the transcoding-temp folder and it has to be cleared manually. I assume that's a separate issue...but they may be connected.

Thanks @@Luke, with Happy2Play's help in finding the server.xml file (didn't quite understand what "server XML config" meant but I was able to make the change by setting "isportauthorized" to false after closing the server, upon restart it is now viable on the LAN and WAN.

Thanks for confirming, and again just so that we're clear there is no magic here. Everything it does can also be done on your own in windows firewall.

Server crashed yesterday even after I've manually installed the update from the website. I think before the update when I crashed the server process had closed itself. This time the process was still hanging, but when I noticed I couldn't access Emby I checked the logs and the last entry was from 1h40mins prior. Only thing I noticed was that the transcoding-temp directory was filled with about 10GB worth of files. But I've had that issue in the past many times where Emby just doesn't clear the transcoding-temp folder and it has to be cleared manually. I assume that's a separate issue...but they may be connected.

Please see how to report a problem. thanks !

Did you forget to attach the log? thanks !

What the hell, was that "attach to this post" button always a feature? In the past I only remember selecting the file and it being automatically attached to the post, lol. My bad but it's there now.

Are you saying the server process stopped?

It became completely unresponsive, but the server tray icon was still there and the process was still running. I had to manually terminate the process when I discovered it was unresponsive about 1h30m later.

ok sorry @@Luke been longer than normal work season

Just did a fresh wiped install to win10 fall creators it still happens

But only have way in to new library generation I sit down and  find the issues is AUTOBOX SETS plugin doing win10 creators and fall creators.

I correct the issue pre new install by reverting and disabling auto updates

I haave not attempted both versions of it for download it was most current my keyboards jacked up right now from macros need to get software and clear them for any mistype

But its either stay on last relase or sacrifice that plugin until someone trys 2nd one just not messing got to run atm

One other thing the file structure is a lot different in this release? Using installer I launched with [embytray] in ELECTRON folder I do not remember being there it is on portable I am using now also but made shortcut from app exe