UI issues/annoyance with "Identify" option to specify correct metadata for specific series

Pitchblack

Pitchblack

Hello everyone from Emby!

This is my first post on your forums since I only started using your product since yesterday (22/09/2017). I used to work with Plex Media Server but after testing your system I'm thinking on jumping platforms for my streaming needs.

So here is the issue that I'm facing:

1) After creating a library and scanning the library, I'm faced with a lot of shows with automatically downloaded metadata (which is fine and works perfectly) but also some shows with incorrect matches or no matches at all. I tried finding an option to "fix incorrect match" like I used to do it in PMS and so I found the "Identify" option to basically fix the metadata of each series. Again, until then everything is working perfectly.

So after pressing the "identify" option, we get the "identify" window/form where you can actually type in a Name and then search for possible metadata match in the DBs. Now here comes the issue... after I've typed a Name and submit my request, I'm often faced with many possibles metadata choices that could match with my Name. The real problem here is that I'm not shown the complete names of all those possible matches; they are being cut after about 19 characters which is way too small in my case.

Some more details to completely explain the issue:
-I've only been faced with this annoying issue with Anime titles for Series and Movies since Anime titles are often very long and often have multiple seasons and special episodes starting with the same long title meaning we're seeing the same "Names" in the Metadata Matches.
i.e.
*Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

*Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
*Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch Special Edition Black Rebellion

*Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch Picture Drama

*etc, etc...

59c4bf287e70a_UIissueEmby3.jpg

Most of them only show "Code Geass: Hangyak...".

I haven't seen an option to change the format to see complete names.

Is there some kind of hidden function I have not seen? I'm all ears!

2)Following directly from issue 1, I click on the wrong metadata match and I want to go back by clicking on the back arrow (top left corner of the previous image) or by clicking out of the window, it simply drops me back to my Library and I need to redo all the steps I mentioned to try a different metadata match.

If there is no way to display the full names of all matches at this moment, is there a way to make it so that back-tracking to the metadata match window is possible?

Thank you for looking into it!

Best regards,
Pitchblack

P.S. I think Emby has a lot of great options! I enjoy it a lot.

mastrmind11

You can also identify the media yourself on thetvdb and search for the ID when using "idenitify", which will show you only the result of the ID, which should be 1:1.

The back handling is more work than I would like to do right now on that area but I'll look at improving the text truncation for the next release, thanks.

Happy2Play

Not that there is enough room but it would be nice to know what provider each one was coming from also.

• Like 1

Pitchblack

Thank you for the replies everyone!

I'll be looking forward to the next release of Emby then!

Is there an hard set date on when this next update is gonna be released or it comes out at different intervals?

Thank you!

Pitchblack

Hello,

You mentioned that you'd be testing if the beta feature is working accordingly. Did you have time to do so?

Please let me know.

Thank you!

Well the text is still not wrapping. All I've done for now is made the dialog a little bigger to potentially increase the number of characters you're able to see, so it's not a dramatic change by any means.