Missing chapter images after chapter image extraction.

Opera_of_Death

Opera_of_Death

Hi!

As the title says I'm missing some chapter images after I have extracted them with the option in server settings.

I don't know if it's file specific but some files have all images showing and some have only a few. The strange thing is that none of the movies as what I have seen have zero images. There are always at least one image extracted. So it seams that the extraction is working as it should but for some reason not all of the images are showing. I attached an image so you can see what I mean.

I'm new to Emby so I don't know all the tricks yet but find it strange. But maybe there is a way that I can't find to just re-scan the images for the movies that are missing images or maybe for each chapter that are missing images?

I'm using Emby Server 3.2.26.0 on two Synology DS412+ that have the server on one and can read files from both with shared folders. So you know what I'm using.

I have searched the forum and on google to find an answer before posting but can't find what I'm looking for.

I hope you can help me fix this problem.

Thanks in advance!

post-228311-0-95640000-1503439897_thumb.png

Opera_of_Death

Thanks for the fast answer!

Here comes the log file after an chapter extraction scan. I didn't have any new files to extract chapters from tho but I hope you can find what's wrong anyway.

Tell me if I have missed anything important or if I should do this after I have added new files to the server. Whatever that can help you find the problem.

Thanks again!!!

server-63639043200.txt

do you have an external drive that was shut down while running this?

Application directory: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/v3.2.26.0
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory '/volume1/DiskStation/usb2/Film/The.Legend.Of.Hercules.2014.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-PublicHD' not found.
	  at System.IO.Directory.ValidateDirectoryListing (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean& stop) [0x00091] in <dbb16e0bacdc4a0f87478e401bc29b6c>:0 
	  at System.IO.Directory+<EnumerateKind>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00040] in <dbb16e0bacdc4a0f87478e401bc29b6c>:0 

Opera_of_Death

do you have an external drive that was shut down while running this?

Application directory: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/v3.2.26.0
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory '/volume1/DiskStation/usb2/Film/The.Legend.Of.Hercules.2014.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-PublicHD' not found.
	  at System.IO.Directory.ValidateDirectoryListing (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean& stop) [0x00091] in <dbb16e0bacdc4a0f87478e401bc29b6c>:0 
	  at System.IO.Directory+<EnumerateKind>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00040] in <dbb16e0bacdc4a0f87478e401bc29b6c>:0 

No not what I have noticed. But after checking there are no problem with that movie. Everything was extracted and is showing in the apps.

The problem occurs on different disks, both internal NAS disks and external USB disks. So I don't think it was because of a disconnection.

If the server shuts down by itself or by the NAS in the middle of extracting wouldn't it resume where it left of the last time the extraction ran when you start it again?

The first time I ran the chapter extraction it took almost a week to finish. When I was checking one time from my iPhone I couldn't connect to the server and noticed it had stopped when I check the package center on my synology webb interface. So I started it again and it resumed where it left of so I couldn't notice any problem there.

I will soon run the scan again after adding some new files so I can send an updated log file then if you need it.

Opera_of_Death

Ok so here is the new log file.

I first ran a library scan and then a chapter scan.

The chapter scan starts at 21:46:45 and finds an error at 21:51:30 but when I check the library everything looks normal and all the images are there. It can be an error on that file tho that is because of the rippers using the wrong playlist. I now getting the repacked version of the file anyway.

Other than that I can't find anything wrong. The other two new files was scanned perfectly.

But look for your self and see if you see anything out of the ordinary ;)

But anyway can I do a re-scan or anything like that to get the images that are missing or do I have to delete the file and then scan it in again? If we can't find a solution I mean.

I wish I had known about these missing files when I was scanning the whole library for the first time and it took nearly a week so I could have gotten the log file of what happened.

Thanks again for trying to help me :)

server-63639043200.txt

the only way you could get it to re-scan would be to find the chapter images folder for a particular video and delete it. the server will not re-scan your current videos because it doesn't want to get stuck in loop retrying the same videos over and over.

If you locate the server's metadata folder, then do a recursive search for all folders named chapters, you could just wipe them all out in one shot if you want, and then run the scheduled task.

Opera_of_Death

Ok then we have the problem of accessing hidden files on a NAS. Is there a guide or anything you know how to do?

What I know you can't access them from either Windows or through file station on the NAS.

Maybe through FTP or something?

Edit: I have found a way to access all system files on my nas using SCP. But how can I find on Emby Server the library path for a select movie? I could search forever for a specific movie in the library catalog from hell hehe ;)

It would have been better if the library used the filenames as mapp names. Or even better if there were an option to re-scan one chapter or a whole movie that are missing images from the movies page in any of the apps.

I don't want to redo the whole chapter scan again... It took almost a week the last time.

Edited by Opera_of_Death

Opera_of_Death

Ok so I have found a way to find in what map a movie is in the library. I was using the inspect page feature in Google Chrome. There you can check the Cover Art image and find the mapp name. Using the fist two letter and/or numbers to find the right mapp and then the whole number and letters sequence to find the mapp where the actual movie image files are located.

So I tried and found the chapter files for the movie that I showed an example for in my first post and deleted them all including the mapp. But when doing as you said with only scanning for chapters nothing happened. The library got updated not showing any chapters at all now. So I tried doing a library scan before scanning for chapters but still nothing happened. And I also updated the metadata for the movie with all different options and still nothing happened.

So how do I get it to scan and extract the chapters again?

I will ad a logg file with what I did so you can check.

server-63639129600.txt

Opera_of_Death

So now I have renamed the file, re-scanned the library and extracted the chapters again. And it failed again. No images to for the later chapters as in the image i posted in the first post. It seems that either it's a fault with the file itself or ffmpeg fails to run it properly for the scan.

I don't know what to do but I will attach a log file again so you can see what happened. I will test the movie with an external movie player and check if there is a fault in the movie file itself.

Edit: after checking the log file I notice that the extraction fails from 14:49:32 and forward. But I don't what really happens. Maybe you can clarify it for me. I tested the file with Media Player Classic and the complete k-Lite Ultra codec pack and it run perfectly. No glitches or anything. So it should work with ffmpeg too.

Edit2: I have tested watching the movie with Emby Theatre for Windows with direct play and it works perfectly. Also tested to transcode it to the webbapp and that worked also. So there seems to be no fault at all with the video file.

server-63639129600.txt

Edited by Opera_of_Death

Yea it just means ffmpeg reported an error with that file. It's hard to tell if it's an error with the file, or a general I/O error happening with your disk drive because if you look through the log you see a decent number of other I/O requests failing. Simple things like getting lists of files from a folder like I mentioned in post #4.

Opera_of_Death

Yeah I noticed that but the files work and can be played and are scanned and looks ok. The disk in question that you saw a lot of I/O errors from is an external drive that is connected through a USB hub that is on the new Seagatre external drive. It works as a pass-through so the NAS sees it as a external drive connected directly to it. So maybe that drive goes to sleep and take a little longer to wake upp than the other drives. So I don't think that is any problem.

I just find the whole thing strange... The strangest thing is that it fails at the exact same point both times. Well well maybe I have to live with that. As long as there are no problem with playback it's ok.

I have two other questions but I don't think I should post it here. I think it's better to start two new threads in the sektions that they concern.

Thanks anyway for trying to help me. I will post here if I find anything to make it work. And please write here if you find something that could help me. I will check back here if someone finds a solution.

Thanks again!!!