HDHR UK HD Channels No Longer Play

maegibbons

francisuk1989

i had some smiler issue to a few weeks back where some HD channels didnt work but this was streaming on a M3U file via a local network v+ box,,,Ill see if i can make the same error again as think this is all related to what this thread is having/was

Edited by francisuk1989

maegibbons

It appears that UK HD HDHR channels are problematic. A while ago (many months) they used to play but were jerky then stuff got better through firmware and emby updates and then they got worse to the extent that they could not play at all.  For me they now play and record BUT a lot of the time I have to force a full transcode to get them to play properly.  Emby will try and just remux them first and this fails with the channel not playing.

Krs

Mark

francisuk1989

as you can see even in a direct stream i still have this error on Channel 4 HD but streaming to a Windows Device sorry i know is not fire tv related but i still have the same issue here with certin channels that wont work or transcodes some did direct stream

h264 @ 0000000000eba4e0] SPS unavailable in decode_picture_timing
[h264 @ 0000000000eba4e0] non-existing PPS 0 referenced
[h264 @ 0000000000eba4e0] SPS unavailable in decode_picture_timing
[h264 @ 0000000000eba4e0] non-existing PPS 0 referenced
[h264 @ 0000000000eba4e0] decode_slice_header error
[h264 @ 0000000000eba4e0] no frame!

Edit

i have attached a transcode file when in firefox...hope this all helps.

ffmpeg-directstream-be5f3236-7eec-454e-a2cb-e867aadfdadf.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-fc08a15b-bc69-4aaa-81aa-9d852b2aa924.txt

Edited by francisuk1989

FunkadelicRelic

Does this issue affect the nVidia Shield. My UK HD Channels worked originally using the HDHomerun Connect but they no longer work. All other channels work.

@@ebr what’s up with the Amazon app? It’s still on .51? Why is this realease taking so long?

Apologies but the testers keep reporting issues that are holding it up.  We'll get it out as quickly as we can.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
h.buckle

Still not working properly here on Shield 2017 - It starts off with Direct/I which just has the spinning wheel, then after a bit switches to Transcode/I which sometimes plays and other times freezes. Logs sent from app at 10:45 UK time, logged in user is called Media

Server.log

Transcode.log

h.buckle

Transcoding does generally work ok, but the real question is why it needs to transcode at all? The shield should be perfectly capable of playing the streams directly

• 2 months later...
h.buckle

Any update on this? Direct play still doesn't work on the Shield. Just tried a couple of channels, one of them transcoded video and audio and the other just the audio, none of which should be necessary. The same channels direct play with no issue on my Nexus 5X (using libmpv)

Device logs sent 11:00 UK time from user Media

video+audio.log

Audio.log

You could try the beta as it does update the internal player.  We don't use mpv on this platform due to the lack of support for some critical functions at this time.

Your first playback is transcoding due to a playback error of the direct stream and the second one has an error attributed to the source in the ffmpeg log as well.

h.buckle

Sooo is there anything that can actually be done about this? Is it an exo problem? These are just H264+AAC in a TS container, nothing out of the ordinary and they play perfectly in every other application I've tried. Now that VLC3 is out would going back to libVLC help?