537 replies to this topic

#521 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138215 posts
  • Local time: 12:38 PM

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:18 PM

On list view in Movies it used to show the Movie rating, it isn't any longer. Is that by design or should it be there?

Hi, what rating are you referring to?

#522 shrouski OFFLINE  

shrouski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Local time: 08:38 PM

Posted 26 August 2019 - 12:00 AM

Hi, what rating are you referring to?

Hi, it was probably the IMDB rating.I used to sort by IMDB rating descending and you could see the rating, but you can't any more. I notice you can't on the Web UI either, but I don't know if you could before or not, just that it definitely showed on the LG app.

It used to be displayed against Titles in the Horizontal view as well which I can't see how to select any more (I didn't use it, just went to check if the rating still showed there)

#523 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138215 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 12:41 AM

Hi, it was probably the IMDB rating.I used to sort by IMDB rating descending and you could see the rating, but you can't any more. I notice you can't on the Web UI either, but I don't know if you could before or not, just that it definitely showed on the LG app.

It used to be displayed against Titles in the Horizontal view as well which I can't see how to select any more (I didn't use it, just went to check if the rating still showed there)

Do you still see them on the video detail screen?

#524 shrouski OFFLINE  

shrouski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 12:42 AM

Do you still see them on the video detail screen?

Yep, they're still there.

#525 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138215 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 01:24 AM

Yep, they're still there.

Ok we'll take a look at this. Thanks.

#526 KevinSartori OFFLINE  

KevinSartori

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Local time: 11:38 AM

Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:30 PM

Hello all,

I appreciate all the work being done to make the LG app better!

One item that's missing in the LG app that's present on the Web app is the Director credit.  Aside from a text line near the title, it would also be nice if the Director appeared in the Cast & Crew section too.  Could this be added in a future update?

Thanks!

• dolphin likes this

#527 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138215 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 08:14 PM

Hello all,

I appreciate all the work being done to make the LG app better!

One item that's missing in the LG app that's present on the Web app is the Director credit.  Aside from a text line near the title, it would also be nice if the Director appeared in the Cast & Crew section too.  Could this be added in a future update?

Thanks!

I guess but it seems redundant. You can always click on the director credit to see what they look like.

• KevinSartori likes this

#528 KevinSartori OFFLINE  

KevinSartori

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:16 PM

I guess but it seems redundant. You can always click on the director credit to see what they look like.

True!  But right now, I can't click on either...  ;)

#529 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138215 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 12:06 AM

Ok I believe that's because we ran into a focusing problem with those text buttons, but ultimately that's something we'll resolve so that you can click them.

#530 KevinSartori OFFLINE  

KevinSartori

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:57 AM

Ok I believe that's because we ran into a focusing problem with those text buttons, but ultimately that's something we'll resolve so that you can click them.

I probably should have been more clear in my post.  There's a Director credit in the Web app that you can click on, but with the LG app, there is no Director listed at all.  It's not that it's not clickable in the LG app, it's missing entirely.

Thanks. 

#531 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138215 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 12:46 PM

Right, we had to remove it due to said focusing issues. We'll try to get it added back. Thanks.

#532 KevinSartori OFFLINE  

KevinSartori

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 12:06 PM

Hello all,

Minor request/bug report.  I noticed that when I view my Movies Collections, the individual movies don't display the year under the title as they do in the main movies section (where I have that option enabled).  By comparison, the movie year displays fine when I view Collections via the Web app.

Thanks!

#533 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138215 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 02:06 PM

Hello all,

Minor request/bug report.  I noticed that when I view my Movies Collections, the individual movies don't display the year under the title as they do in the main movies section (where I have that option enabled).  By comparison, the movie year displays fine when I view Collections via the Web app.

Thanks!

Hi, can you show a screenshot example? thanks.

#534 KevinSartori OFFLINE  

KevinSartori

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:47 PM

Hi, can you show a screenshot example? thanks.

Sure, here's a screen shot of the Web app:

5d7eaed5b100d_WebApp.png

You can see the year listed underneath each movie title in the collection.  Here's a shot of the same screen using the LG app (sorry for the smartphone pic):

5d7eb1065117f_LGApp.jpg

#535 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138215 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:53 PM

Ok thanks for the info. We'll take a look.

#536 shrouski OFFLINE  

shrouski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:08 AM

While on the topic of collections, I'm sure there used to be an indicator about how many unplayed episodes are in each category as well, just like TV series. It was very handy. It has also gone from the web app. Was it intentional?

#537 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138215 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:38 AM

While on the topic of collections, I'm sure there used to be an indicator about how many unplayed episodes are in each category as well, just like TV series. It was very handy. It has also gone from the web app. Was it intentional?

Yes, it was a constant source of confusion over what the count meant, e.g. unplayed vs number of items in the list, etc.

#538 shrouski OFFLINE  

shrouski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:48 AM

Yes, it was a constant source of confusion over what the count meant, e.g. unplayed vs number of items in the list, etc.

Fair enough I guess, although an option would have been nice with a default to off rather than removed since the code was already there

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LG, app, official

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users