#501 rbjtech OFFLINE  

rbjtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • Local time: 03:27 AM
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:10 PM

.. font, font size and colour are all configurable simply by editing the .ASS header.  I think a few replies after my post, the OP had edited the default V4+ Style (global) and then run with normal settings in Events.

Colour 808080 turns the font dark grey on my LG C8 - perfect for dark room cinema and exactly what this part of the thread was about.

I agree the configuration options in ffmpeg are very limited - and ideally Emby should give us these options but as this appears to be the ONLY way to get colours working via the LG App then a quick script is all that is needed to convert the existing internal or external SRT subtitles to .ass and simply set them as default using the .forced. in the HDR only filename.

Edited by rbjtech, 15 April 2019 - 05:12 PM.

#502 macnb OFFLINE  

macnb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:53 PM

.. font, font size and colour are all configurable simply by editing the .ASS header.  I think a few replies after my post, the OP had edited the default V4+ Style (global) and then run with normal settings in Events.

Colour 808080 turns the font dark grey on my LG C8 - perfect for dark room cinema and exactly what this part of the thread was about.

I agree the configuration options in ffmpeg are very limited - and ideally Emby should give us these options but as this appears to be the ONLY way to get colours working via the LG App then a quick script is all that is needed to convert the existing internal or external SRT subtitles to .ass and simply set them as default using the .forced. in the HDR only filename.

Finding and converting every .SRT to .ASS is not the problem - that's a relatively simple script.

The problem is that it's not practical to edit every single resulting .ASS file to change the font size and colour.

#503 dnanielsen OFFLINE  

dnanielsen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Local time: 04:27 AM

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:12 AM

@macnb

There is a software called 'Subtitle Edit' that let's you batch convert .SRT files (just open the top level folder in that convert screen and it will include all sub folders) and style them with font, fontsize, color, font outline/shadow, text placement etc.

#504 macnb OFFLINE  

macnb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:53 PM

@macnb

There is a software called 'Subtitle Edit' that let's you batch convert .SRT files (just open the top level folder in that convert screen and it will include all sub folders) and style them with font, fontsize, color, font outline/shadow, text placement etc.

Thanks. But Subtitle Edit is only for Windows which I do not use so not much good to me.

I just wrote a quick and simple Linux script that runs on my server.

It takes Media-folder root as the input and scans for every .SRT file and converts them to .ASS files.

Then it edits the .ASS files to changes the Font Size and Colour.

So it provides a temporary workaround until Emby App is updated.

Attached if anyone is interested.

Attached Files

• rbjtech and KevinSartori like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LG, app, official

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users