Status on official LG app

jhs

• 2 weeks later...
anthonws

Is the 1.0.24 for all Web OS versions? I have a user that is reporting some issues, and while trying to debug it, it seems that one of its TV's is still in 1.0.20. While the user user told me that it has checked for updates and nothing was available.

Is the 1.0.24 for all Web OS versions? I have a user that is reporting some issues, and while trying to debug it, it seems that one of its TV's is still in 1.0.20. While the user user told me that it has checked for updates and nothing was available.

All WebOS models got the update, yes.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
KevinSartori

@Luke Just curious, it's been a while since the last release, are we currently waiting on LG for an update to the Emby app or are you guys still putting together the next submission?

unisoft

I hope this upcoming release fixes the mess of an EPG where the images all collide at bottom of the EPG that has been outstanding for past few releases.....

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a question, i have the lg app on my oled lg tv.

However when trying to play xmen 4K it does play.

However if i turn on subs.. it refuses to play?

i can chose between dutch (subrip) or dutch (pgssub) or english pgssub or turn off

so it only plays when off

Any idea?

1 hour ago, skank said:

Hi,

i can chose between dutch (subrip) or dutch (pgssub) or english pgssub or turn off

Any idea?

Hi there, we're happy to help. Please see how to report a media playback issue:

Thanks.

rbjtech
19 hours ago, skank said:

Hi,

Any idea?

Almost certainly caused by the subtitle extracting taking a long time as it's a 4K file.  For the subrip/srt - It will eventually come back to you and play - but the better option is to use External subtitles (.srt) as this will allow instant playback as they already available.  PGS subs will not work.

Try using the built in subtitle finder (I have used it many times, and it works really well) - or find the subtitle yourself - just name it identical to the filename plus the .language.srt at the end - ie <filename>.eng.srt

• 3 weeks later...
CrappyUserName

If a man says he will do something, he will. You don't have to remind him every 6 months!

So jokes aside, I made a feature request in this thread (August 2019).

It was to have scrolling title text when a title is highlighted. Not really an issue for films as the thumbnail lets you know what you are watching, but as I stated in my previous post, we have a lot of music videos where the artist name takes up most of the title real estate. A lot of them are concerts or interviews linked to the concerts, practice sessions etc.... where there isn't really any thumbnail image that will help (I guess I could make my own). The only way to find the full name is to select it and if it's the wrong one we have to go back and try the next one. It gets a bit tedious sometimes.

Anyway, I just wanted to check if the idea made it onto the list or wasn't worth the effort. I actually got the idea from LG's EPG interface so it shouldn't be a limitation of the TV and hopefully not the APP.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luke,
can you tell us if we'll get a new App Version of the Emby LG App within this year?

And what changes exactly are planed for the next release?

Thx

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
snake98
On 10/7/2020 at 5:10 AM, nanuk said:

Hi Luke,
can you tell us if we'll get a new App Version of the Emby LG App within this year?

And what changes exactly are planed for the next release?

Thx

+1 for a change log or can you say if the live tv buffer has been fixed?

• 5 weeks later...
SikSlayer

Did Emby Theatre ever get updated? This was supposed to be "soon" a month ago.

I honestly can't tell because often my CX will update an app, and I won't notice, or it won't mention what apps got updated.

The discussion on this just ended early last month and there's been nothing since.

luisnabais

Hello guys.

I'm thinking about getting a new TV, in which I will use Emby a lot.
Which brand do you think it's better for this? Is the LG WebOS Emby app getting regular updates? Or should I buy a different brand? Or even an Apple TV? (I have Apple devices, don't want Android TV).

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers

7 hours ago, luisnabais said:

Hello guys.

I'm thinking about getting a new TV, in which I will use Emby a lot.
Which brand do you think it's better for this? Is the LG WebOS Emby app getting regular updates? Or should I buy a different brand? Or even an Apple TV? (I have Apple devices, don't want Android TV).

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers

Buy a tv with android tv is the best solution. 

unisoft
7 hours ago, dmtg said:

Buy a tv with android tv is the best solution. 

LG would be, if the Emby team could crank it up a gear!  Seems very slow on LG update releases. Still haven't got related Music videos showing in Music section, the new (too overly big) circular Artist pictures in Music and the EPG still have a layout mess fault at the bottom of the screen for past several releases now despite Luke knowing about it for over a year, maybe its even 2 years now.....

• Like 1

mark-in-dallas

I would also suggest going with an Android TV.  Even though you may not want Android, behind Windows it is probably the most used platform and updated regularly.  I have an LG TV with WebOS, but use an Nvidia Shield to access Emby on it, because the Emby Android TV app is better than Emby LG app.

luisnabais

If the LG Emby app isn't updated, then I'll have to think on alternatives. I'm thinking on getting an Apple TV, then. I just need to know if the app is updated regularly there. I really don't want to go with Android.

william emby conn

Just to show that opinions vary, I think the Emby LG apps is by far the best. It is very logical and intuitive. And as far as updates go the Android TV app has not been updated any more often then the LG app. In fact I think it may be less. I have been waiting for the Android TV app to be updated to include features already in the LG app (add a media file to a collection for one). I have a LG OLED and a nVidia Shield. What is very disappointing about the Emby development process is the lack of consistency between apps. It is as if there are no guidelines to follow when developing an app for a device. And it would make sense to have some sort of a user feedback process to validate design decisions.

unisoft
21 hours ago, luisnabais said:

If the LG Emby app isn't updated, then I'll have to think on alternatives. I'm thinking on getting an Apple TV, then. I just need to know if the app is updated regularly there. I really don't want to go with Android.

I've got Apple TV as well, Emby is great on there but it is more of a work in progress than the LG App. It is awful at handling any de-interlacing of interlaced content (inc Live TV broadcasts) but is steadily showing progress in other areas. If you have a lot of off air broadcasts or TV content from DVDs, you'd be better off with the LG app for now as that handles it all ok.

luisnabais

Actually, I will just watch my own content (videos), which I have on my local media server. Usually content which don't require transcoding. I don't intend on watching live content, IPTV or something like that.

unisoft
On 04/12/2020 at 10:13, nitrup93 said:

No news of the release date ?

Is this in 2020 or now 2021?

Wasn't it March 2020 the last (minor) update?

• Like 1