[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

TeamB

Does the EmbyCon addon show up in the addons at all?

A Kodi Debug log might show more, turn on Kodi Debug logging and restart Kodi and try to open the EmbyCon addon from the addons list on Kodi.

PM me the log or a link to the log.

• Like 1

horstepipe

@@horstepipe

had you any chance to test it?

Sorry for the delay. I tested all 3 versions on Coreelec without library tag hubs enabled, so overall speed is a little faster anyway.

Results:

"stock" v1.3.6

time to load widget: 32s

img files new creation date: yes

img files new modified date: yes

time to load genre menu: 30s

v1.3.6a

time to load widget: 32s

img files new creation date: no

img files new modified date: no

img files new creation date: no

img files new modified date: no

v1.3.6b

time to load widget: 34s

In addition I realized that within these 30 seconds loading time, the files are all being recreated/modified within the first 7 seconds. So this doesn't seem to be the root of the problem at all, I'm sorry that you spent time into that.

Mhh I will hide the genre widget on these cheap boxes and will disable the genre menu for tag libraries. For the "all movies" and "all tv show" hubs I will replace the genre menu with the simple genre list view, that should be good to go.

Thank's for looking into it!

sualfred

Works here as expected.

@@TeamB

The only thing that can explains it is that the "Window(home).Property(plugin.video.embycon-view_item.xxx.type)" won't get filled somehow

Works here as expected.

@@TeamB

The only thing that can explains it is that the "Window(home).Property(plugin.video.embycon-view_item.xxx.type)" won't get filled somehow

Crap. Any logs/stuff I can provide to help sort this issue? Really annoying to sign out/in every start up :( Edited by prydda

TeamB

It should set the view links info (plugin.video.embycon-view_item.xxx.type) on start up or if that fails on the next background update (default 30 seconds I think).

jluce50

Would it be possible to add the "Play using..." option to the information view and the context menu of the widgets? For instance, I'd like to be able to play a movie with an external player from the Latest Movies widget, or at least go to the Movie Information view and launch it from there. Currently, that option is only available from within the library view.

sualfred

A skin has no control about this. The context menu is 99,9% handled by the Kodi core.

TeamB

EmbyCon does this in most places when you bring up the context menu if it is an item supplied by EmbyCon then the custom EmbyCon context menu will show up.

JoshFink

Hi, maybe it's a setting I missed, not sure. I don't remember adding the Library Tag Based Hubs but now I see a whole bunch in the menu across the top. I'd like to delete all of them but I don't see a delete. I see a hide but there seem to be over a 100 of them. Is there an easy way to disable this functionality?

Thanks for the help

horstepipe

Hey Fred,

may I ask why you removed the Emby playlist node from the default main menu structure? Most users won't figure out that there is this functionality at all.

sualfred

Again. I replaced the menu logic with the node method/recognozation. All other Emby ones have to be manually set.

• Like 1

feerlessleadr

Hi Fred - I'm not sure if this is an embycon issue or skin issue, but I'm using the latest coreelec on my n2. I have your skin plus embycon installed. I have a number of libraries on emby for me/wife and my kids, and when I present them on kodi, I only want to show the libraries for me/mywife. The default widgets include all libraries my username has access to (which is everything), so I create a custom shortcut/node to the specific libraries I want up top, and then create a specific widget for the libraries I want to show up under Recently Added Movies & Next Up TV Shows. 

My problem is that the custom widget I've created for Next Up TV shows is showing the episodes out of order when placed on my home screen of embuary (I have them in descending order by last played in the custom widget settings).

I created a custom widget (Select Widget>Video Library>Video Addon>EmbyCon>EmbyLibraries>TV>TV - Next Up (20)>Use as widget) in settings, and then set the sort order to descending by last played. The widget shows the episodes out of order, but the strange part is when I navigate to the same playlist via the addon (Addons>EmbyCon>EmbyLibraries>TV>TV - Next Up (20)), the sort order is correct by default. 

The default widget that is automatically created for Next Up TV by Embuary has the correct sort order.

I'm not sure how to get you a log of this, other than just turning on debug logging and restarting my box, so please let me know if that would be helpful.

Thanks

feerlessleadr

What happens if you don't set a order direction and method at all for this widget?

Embarrassing that I didn't try that first - it worked perfectly. Thanks!

• Like 1

feerlessleadr

Fred - one more issue for you that just popped up today. When I start up Kodi, or when I stop playing a video file, I get a popup that says embuary info error. As far as I can tell, everything in the skin still works, but I did grab a log of the issue right after startup:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/4YqC2WrMVq/

thanks

Red5ive

Hi

I'm trying to add my Movies library to Embuary but not having any luck.

I've gone to Embuary settings ->Home and hubs -> Movie Hubs  ->Edit menu config and noticed there were no entries there. I added a new one and went into the embuary helper menu and added entries for recently added, continue watching etc.

Under movie Hubs -> edit widgets all the relevant ones are there.

Back on the home screen I was expecting a new movies main menu tile would appear but there was nothing.

I went back into Embuary settings and tried adding a movie menu item in the Home -> Edit menu config area. Again the only thing I could find related to movies were under the Embuary helper folder. I choose Movies followed by create menu item to here.

I now get a tile in the menu but clicking it does nothing.  What am I doing wrong?