[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

pünktchen

Hmmm pita. You have to disable the "Use EmbyCon context menu" in the "services" settings of EmbyCon and restart Kodi and it will work again.

That's not a solution. I need the EmbyCon context menu in other areas.

sualfred

You still can access the context menu of EmbyCon. It has a own button (afair).

The solution is to fix it in EmbyCon directly and only close the regular context menu if it's the default one that includes the "play" or "play from the beginning" part. Closing the context menu in general is the wrong approach.

Edited by sualfred

pünktchen

You still can access the context menu of EmbyCon. It has a own button (afair).

Nope, there's no extra menu entry for EmbyCon.

pünktchen

I think that was intended, the Play and Resume dialogs do not work with the add-on approach to playback so the Context Menu is shown for EmbyCon items.

But it shouldn't show up for a select action on non playable items like actor widgets.

TeamB

I am not currently seeing any actor info in movie details screens.

EDIT:

Found it

Edited by TeamB

TeamB

I know the reason for this, the dialog that pops asking if you want to do a local or remote search is being mistaken for an item context menu and replaced.

I will look into this and see if there is a way of ignoring this dialog.

LordDread

Hi, Great skin etc. I am having a problem and any info would be great on how to fix it etc. I am using kodi with embycon and Embruary and thats my only library is from emby(con). On the home menu it has nextup etc as normal when i play something from next up it does not move the next episode to the start of the nextup section. Is there something i can do to fix this? If i go in and manually mark the episode i just watched as unwatched then watched again from inside tv shows for embycon view it will then move it to front when i go back to the home screen but other then that it just stays in the spot on nextup view on home screen? Hope that explains my problem? Anyway to make it work right? if i use emby app for android or any other app ie on my roku tv they all move the show to front of next up but not in kodi with embycon and embruary?

Thanks in advance

sualfred

K, please let me know if you found some time to test it. Since I'm not using EmbyCon it's possible that I miss changes from time to time.

I'm using embycon, last time I watched a show it didn't play next automagically, default setting in UpNext = play if nothing is selected. 

LordDread

So you mean the "next up" widget doesn't update after you have watched a episode? 

@@pünktchen can you confirm this issue?

yes exactly the problem and it doesn't update anywhere else after watching it from these either ie doesn't update or move it on the web app either if i watch it in kodi with emycon and embuary.  The widget does update which episode will play next but it doesn't move it to the front of the widget like its supposed to. 

A feature request:
My collection takes quite some time to load while displaying all movies. If I activate pages and set it to 100 in embycon this is significant faster (obviously) but the alphabetic sorting list on the right is not displayed. Can you make it show even if all movies are not listed - just the first 100? 

sualfred

Won't work because "next page" and "previous page" are not placed in alphabetical order next to the other items. Kodi thinks these two buttons are regular items. 

LordDread

and it also doesn't update on the server?

Nope but i just found out its not updating with the emby app for android either ie when i watch something using it of kodi so its probably not your skin or embycon but something else. Btw i am doing this on an amazon fire cube so wondering if that has something to do with it. anyway atm doesn't look like its the fault of embuary or embycon. It doesn't update server as in moving it to the first spot of nextup using either. It does do it if i watch something using the web interface or if i go directly into tv shows on skin and mark it unwatched then watched again. then it resorts it but not otherwise except inb web interface on my other computer.

Sorry I guess i should have checked other apps etc first before saying it was skin or embycon problem. But any suggestions on a fix would be great :)

horstepipe

@@sualfred

guess you have no control over the recently added tv shows widget? Would be nice if it lists new tv shows at first before it shows new episodes of existing shows.

horstepipe

I have, but that's not the behaviour I want.

So what is the behavior you want? At the moment it looks quite random which episode/show shows up first in the list

sualfred

It's based on the recently added episodes (dateadded value). If only 1 unwatched episode episode is added on this day -> list episode, if more -> list tv show.

Everything is based on the "dateadded" value. If you have configured your Kodi/Emby to use the file creation date you will have crap results. 

Edited by sualfred