[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

Red5ive

Kodi has no extras feature for movies. Only TV shows have a Specials folder.

@@Angelblue05 , @@TeamB

Is this something that could be added as a widget?  Similar to how embycon lists underneath if it's part of a collection, or the cast widget?

Seems strange that Movies dont have a mechanism to show behind the scenes or extras, seeing as they are the medium most likely to have them!

Wonder if "Up Next" is working for anyone using this skin and EmbyCon ?
I've set it up so it will stop after 2 episodes but now it just continues till i manually force it to stop.

horstepipe

Any chance to add an option in skin settings to make database-tag hubs simply open up the corresponding movie list instead of a hub with widgets?

@@sualfred

:-)

sualfred

Just create your own menu items that points to the library filtered by tags. That's possible in the menu editor

• Like 1

horstepipe

Thanks, but I was hoping for an automatic way as I‘m adding new tags regularly. But it‘s no big deal :-)

Would it be possible to add a fallback from thumb images to background images for the widgets of episodes? Some shows don‘t have a thumb published on the metadata services (e.g. Medical Detectives), so you only see text in the widget image.

sualfred

Episodes have no episode thumb at all. Just landscape or fanart. Only in the episode view it is populated and repeating fanarts are ugly and does not follow the skin global logic.

Edited by sualfred

paulmorabi

I noticed my "Next Up" section is not loading with an Embuary Helper error. Relevant log output https://paste.kodi.tv/qegawaboce It looks like something is wrong with a title and this is throwing the exception causing the crash. Viewing emby via web client, next up works fine. Any ideas on what it could be?

sualfred

Hö? Will take a look at it asap. Can you upload me your MyVideo116.db somewhere so I can have a 1:1 scenario?

Edited by sualfred

jachin99

Where does embuary pull it's trailers from for movies currently in theaters widgets? I'm looking for a reliable trailer provider for widgets but it's for another skin. I currently use extended info script from the Kodi repository but trailers are slow to load. The trailers provided by emby for Kodi seem to work well but they don't show a description for the movie.

Is there a possebility to implement three row banners or the option to choose between two and three row banners?

The original emby app got three series per row in banners layout. on kodi embuary it only got 2.

In my opinion it looks cleaner with three in a row.

Would be cool if this could be a change in the next update.

Are there any plans on new layouts for episodes selection or other menu parts ?

Id loved to have the option to have many customization possibilities :D

sualfred

More customization options = more confused users = more to maintain = less performance.

I've tried a 3 column layout, but it was too tiny for the most TVs. 

Hi sualfred, thanks for the skin! It's perfect for my needs and made the switch to Kodi very easy (:

I just hardcoded some of the custom widget templates to use $INFO[ListItem.Artist] for their sub-labels instead of the default which seems to be $INFO[ListItem.Year], so that the YouTube videos I populate them with (using the YouTube addon as media source) will show their channel names instead (example: https://i.imgur.com/gf73OTR.png)

It would be great if this were possible from within Kodi though, by setting the sub-label in the "Widget Settings" dialogue with choices like TV Show, Season, Director, Artist .etc

I'll attempt to do this myself as well, and if you approve hopefully you could add it publicly - but - this is my first time making anything for Kodi, so if you like the idea and choose not to wait for me to post the changes you could probably get it done much quicker than I'm able to.

In any case, thanks again x

Edited by rubyp

One thing i'm missing with this skin what i love with some other skins i've used like MQ8
when you go for the info for a movie and you look at the actors and you choose a actor i would get a list of all movies/series that person played in and i've collected.

sualfred

use Emby for Kodi and you will get it. The full power of the skin cannot be used with EmbyCon because there is no local library. But you always can searhc TMDb by selecting the actor. That works with EmbyCon too

Edited by sualfred

pünktchen

use Emby for Kodi and you will get it. The full power of the skin cannot be used with EmbyCon because there is no local library. But you always can searhc TMDb by selecting the actor. That works with EmbyCon too

This doesn't work anymore since last year. When clicking on an actor the EmbyCon menu comes up, where previously it was a dialog to choose between local items and online data of that actor.

I'm not quite sure, but i think it's brocken since this commit: https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary/commit/f149609b814c93fce6d1eb9f739a6503b3b65dfd

sualfred

Hmmm pita. You have to disable the "Use EmbyCon context menu" in the "services" settings of EmbyCon and restart Kodi and it will work again.

@@TeamB

You should add a check when the context menu should be overwritten. This one is returning true if "Play" or "Play from the beginning" is part of the context menu:

xbmc.getCondVisibility(String.IsEqual(Control.GetLabel(1002),$LOCALIZE[12021]) | String.IsEqual(Control.GetLabel(1001),$LOCALIZE[208]))

TeamB

I think that was intended, the Play and Resume dialogs do not work with the add-on approach to playback so the Context Menu is shown for EmbyCon items.