[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

It's automatically populated once you have synced your library from Emby to Kodi. If not synced, no hub.

Red5ive

Have tried using the side menu sync libraries option but still not showing up.

I created my movie library in emby recently, after I had initially set Kodi up with the emby for kodi and embuary plugins.

What should I have under the Movie Hub 'edit menu config' ?

Edited by Red5ive

Angelblue05

You’ve set up your library in Emby after?

Restart Kodi > launch Emby for Kodi. Do you see your new library listed? If so, open the context menu on it > sync library to Kodi.

Now do hubs show up?

Red5ive

On a related note, how are people setting up their picture libraries in Kodi/skin? There is not a default hub set up for it in the skin and when I try and add it as a custom one can only add it as a widget with single row of albums.

Would be great to click 'Pictures and Videos' and go straight to a full screen of all the folders. 

sualfred

you only can create a menu item as link to the addon node. Kodi has no image library (only local file access)

dawtyne10

guessing a total noob question here...  running libreelec 9.0.2 on raspberry pi 4...

Somewhat recently my library folders stopped functioning.  i.e. whenever i click on one of them, nothing happens.  This only occurs on the actual emby library folders in embuary.  The "All Movies," "All TV Shows," & "Collections" folders operate as they should and allow me to access my media that i would be getting to from these folders.  pic of home screen attached...  

5e00543e16720_Capture.jpg

I have had this happen a few times in the past when using a ras pi 3 and was always able to remedy by "repairing libraries."  I have tried to "repair libraries" and also "perform local database reset" a couple different times to no avail.  

I was hoping there may be something simple I was overlooking before starting over from a fresh install.

Thanks in advance.

clarkss12

guessing a total noob question here...  running libreelec 9.0.2 on raspberry pi 4...

Somewhat recently my library folders stopped functioning.  i.e. whenever i click on one of them, nothing happens.  This only occurs on the actual emby library folders in embuary.  The "All Movies," "All TV Shows," & "Collections" folders operate as they should and allow me to access my media that i would be getting to from these folders.  pic of home screen attached...  

5e00543e16720_Capture.jpg

I have had this happen a few times in the past when using a ras pi 3 and was always able to remedy by "repairing libraries."  I have tried to "repair libraries" and also "perform local database reset" a couple different times to no avail.  

I was hoping there may be something simple I was overlooking before starting over from a fresh install.

Thanks in advance.

What are you using for your Live TV? 

dawtyne10

-> try a main menu reset

-> provide a log once you have tried to click on it

@@sualfred

so while looking for the main menu reset (still not entirely sure where that is btw), i stumbled across "Rerun skin setup" in embuary settings and voila, the folders are back to operational now...  will have to tweak folder order, etc after this reset, but no biggie there.

and thanks for all the awesome work on this skin in the first place... Merry Christmas

What are you using for your Live TV? 

@@clarkss12

i have a couple HDHomeRun Extends for local channels... originally was using the premium tv from silicondust and loved it... before it got shut down.

I switched to sling tv for a while after that and it was ok, but had issues with their interface, crap dvr service, and other annoyances with channel packages. 

when sling increased their price, i "upgraded" to hulu live tv. the app was better, dvr worked smoother, picture quality was improved, just a lot cleaner and smoother overall experience... 

now hulu tv is increasing price another $10/mo... back to shopping around again... maybe youtube tv this time??

Under embuary settings - playback and media - media the setting "Show emby based rotten tomatoes ratings (user ratings) is all grayed out. Is this only for emby for kodi and not embyCon?

• 2 weeks later...
Red5ive

Happy New Year Fred!

Was wondering if you had seen my question on this thread and could comment:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/80638-emby-for-kodi-clarifying-adding-permanent-users-to-session-and-what-it-syncs/&do=findComment&comment=822502

Basically when running emby for windows and embycon together logged in with different users I would like to rename the default labels the skin puts next to it to say what users they are from.

Can this be changed in an .xml file or something?

tealc59

Hello,

First :   HAPPY NEW YEAR  :-)

I noticed days ago that something's not OK in my Embuary main menu :

I have a "mixed" library containing both photos & home videos  set in Emby.

In Embuary  (or Emby for Kodi ?  not sure the source of the problem)  This library node isn't showing at all.   It's showing correctly in the Web interface and in the Emby App of my TV.

As it's a "secondary" library i didn't noticed that before..

I already tried a reset DB in Emby.

It was OK in Embuary earlier.  Sync is set to  "ALL"  but this library doesn't appear.

(all last versions) :

- CoreELEC

- Emby Server on NAS SYnology  (last version Beta package)

- Emby For Kodi

- Embuary

Thanks a lot  :-)

Regards,

sualfred

As mentioned a few times in this thread I've removed the old Emby library detection and replaced it with a tag based one with the native database. Since Kodi has nothing like a image library or a mixed something like "photos and home videos" you have to manually set those library types by linking a main menu item to the Emby for Kodi addon path.

Red5ive

Happy New Year Fred!

Was wondering if you had seen my question on this thread and could comment:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/80638-emby-for-kodi-clarifying-adding-permanent-users-to-session-and-what-it-syncs/&do=findComment&comment=822502

Basically when running emby for windows and embycon together logged in with different users I would like to rename the default labels the skin puts next to it to say what users they are from.

Can this be changed in an .xml file or something?

Had a poke around myself and found what to change in 2 files under my user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.embuary-leia\xml

folder. Here they are if they are helpful to anyone else in the future.

In Embuary_Variables I changed (EmbyCon) to (Hayley) here:
<variable name="EmbyConLabel">
<value condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HideEmbyConLabel)"> (Hayley)</value>

in xml/DialogFavourites
change all occurences of:
(emby)
to
(Steve)

I'm guessing I will need to apply those changes after each new version but I'm happy that we can both get our favorites and continue playing items together on the one screen and that it's obvious now which content is from what plugin/user.
Edited by Red5ive

tealc59

As mentioned a few times in this thread I've removed the old Emby library detection and replaced it with a tag based one with the native database. Since Kodi has nothing like a image library or a mixed something like "photos and home videos" you have to manually set those library types by linking a main menu item to the Emby for Kodi addon path.

Thanks !

I wasn't aware of that sorry,  i'll test that tonight  :)

• 2 weeks later...

i'm just started to use this skin to see if i'm going to like it,
looks nice and like the options you can change in the layout.

only 2 things i'm trying to manage not sure if it's possible.

1. add the Next aired as widget on the home screen so it shows what's next aired.

2. the continue watching that it only shows stuff you actually never watched, it now shows stuff i've already watched but have been watched or searched for a certain fragment of the movie (hope you understand what i mean)

Would any of these options be possible

sualfred

1. Sorry nope. If Next aired is providing a widget you can set it manually.

2. Don't understand what you mean. It's showing items which have a progress < 100% stored. No matter if watched or not. Or is it EmbyCon based?

Edited by sualfred

I think you answered all my questions,

It's not possible like you said.

I do know I've seen the next aired option in a MQ7 release as widget.

No I'm not running embycon option.

Are the Collections limited to 7 items ?

I got all FF and Star Wars movies both don't show more then 7 movies,

if i go in to the webgui with the same user it shows them all.