[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

Angelblue05

@@jluce50

With the help of sualfred, I made a PR to Up Next to resolve this conflict. If a playlist already exists, it will take priority. So if your playlist is shuffled, it will show you up next for the next shuffled episode.

• Like 1

Polyzp_emby

Hey guys and gals!

Iv run into an issue recently with search. When I make a search, it will flash a "No Matches" : No items match your search" pop-up. If I hit OK, at times another identical pop-up at time will appear again. After this second pop-up, the search begins, and appears to be working properly.

When I look at the error logs I did notice the error appears as follows (linked).

It appears its attempting to find Music / People / Audio / or Series for the search term "Venom" , which dont exist, and the pop ups occur when it cant find any associated media for a specific category. The results that it can find, however, : youtube / movies , do appear properly afterwards!

Is there any way to hide the popups if the searched media is not associated with a media type. These pop ups werent arising before yesterday.

** if you want a complete log I can pm you **

Thanks! :)

post-365377-0-57880000-1563991898_thumb.jpg

post-365377-0-23781700-1563991944_thumb.jpg

Edited by Polyzp_emby

Vito_MCE

Hi @@TeamB,

For some time Kodi allows to play madia faster or slower (by default this is possible with Alt + left/right arrow). The default skin shows then i.e  "playback speed 1.20", but Embuary is not. It's very hard to tell, if such faster/slower playback is ongoing. Could you please add similar user feedback to Embuary? TIA

Angus2064

Hello Everyone !

Since some days ,I have a problem with the Watched Status ,actually when I watch some episodes of tv show in a row ,some episode do not take the "watched status" but the problem seem to come aleatory and do not come on each episodes ,some are correctly marked watched and others not.(approximately 1 on 4)

When this problem come ,I looked which add-on has been updated recently and I can see these ones :

Embuary ,Embuary helper ,Embycon and UpNext. 

And I don't think UpNext is in cause because even when I stop the episode trough the player interface this last may be not marked watched . 

I can't tell which add-on precisely cause this because this 4 add-on received update the same day. (Or on 1 day of interval)

I was not change any others settings anywhere and I got this problems on 2 different devices. 

If someone had any ideas on where can be the problem that would be really helpful. 

Thanks in advance.

jonomite

Just wanted to report two minor issues, both related to playing music:

First, the option to set the player to loop/repeat seems to be missing.

Second, when I am playing opus files, under stats for nerds, the skin reports that the audio format is faac.

Thanks for an amazing skin.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

sualfred

The option is in the audio OSD in the secondary menu. 

I do return what the player is returning. I guess it's a Kodi issue.

jonomite

Is the secondary menu the menu that appears when clicking on the gear icon? I'm not seeing it for some reason.

Understood re the opus issue.

• Like 1

sualfred

Yes. There should be a randomize + repeat action. 

But I'll check that later when I'm in the front of the pc.

Edited by sualfred

jonomite

Huh, I'm sure I'm not seeing it. I will confirm again tonight when I'm back home.

sualfred

To be honest I've disabled the repeat button if only 1 item is in the playlist. This is going to change in the next version.

jonomite

Ah! I think that's it then. Yes, I was observing this when I was only playing a single track. Thanks!

Angus2064

@@Angus2064

That stuff is handled by EmbyCon

Please reproduce the issue and provide a Kodi log.

@@TeamB

FYI

Thanks for your response. 

There is a log from my last use ,I played 3 episodes and only the first of the 3 was correctly marked watched (episode 7) ,the 2 others was not marked as watched and not even in progress.

https://paste.kodi.tv/adotaxacep

Edited by Angus2064

pünktchen

I've experienced the same with EmbyCon and UpNext already some month ago, that's why i don't use UpNext anymore.

horstepipe

• Added support for native ListItem.Rating(rottentomatoes)
  • Added optional option do disable the Emby based Rotten Tomatoes ratings based on ListItem.UserRating

Hey Fred,

what do those exactly mean? I can't find the option to disable the Emby based RT ratings based on ListItem.UserRating.

Are there any other benefits from this new approach except that you don't rape the user rating fields anymore lol..?

I was hoping to see a Rotten Tomatoes filter for Smart Playlists, but there isn't one unfortunately.

Edited by horstepipe

sualfred

The option is under playback and media in the skin settings. And no, no benefit for Emby users. Just for regular Kodi installations. And it's slower, too.

Edited by sualfred

horstepipe

thanks,

so to get this right:

If the option is disabled in Embuary but enabled in Emby for Kodi, the information from local database (UserRating) is just being masked out and instead fetched in realtime by...Embuary Helper or which addon?

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

So the advantage of this approach is that you get up-to-date info, but there's no way to utilize this for smart playlists, right?

Wouldn't it be consequent to also allow this method for IMDB/OMDB ratings to have up-to-date ratings in general?

sualfred

@@horstepipe

I use a skin hack with my helper to get the ListItem.Rating(rottentomatoes) outside of the info dialog. It has nothing to do with a up-to-date rating.

@@Ergydion

No. 

horstepipe

@@horstepipe

I use a skin hack with my helper to get the ListItem.Rating(rottentomatoes) outside of the info dialog. It has nothing to do with a up-to-date rating.

but where does this info come from? Some addon has to provide it...?

it's definitely another value than the one fetched by Emby server

sualfred

Kodi supports multiple rating providers since Krypton. 

The scraper has to add it and the Universal Movie scraper of them already supports it. The only downside of this feature is, that these values cannot be adressed outside of the video info dialog. All I do is a workaround to make them everywhere available for skinners.

Don't make your brain melt. For Emby users nothing will change and they do not benefit from it.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1