Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

Cheesegeezer
12 minutes ago, chef said:

@Cheesegeezer I know you probably have some fixes to push to the repo. Can you wait on syncing anything until I push the UI update?

That's exactly what i'm doing.... I am just waiting I am not going to merge anything at all.   It gets confusing.  At least we are learning some good practices with Github hahaa🤣

• Like 1

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, chef said:

If that is what you guys want to do, then we might want to start thinking about implementing this sooner then later.

As more users start to use the plugin beta, we should be cautious about asking them to run the task, and then asking them to remove the DB.

Agreed - but it has a disadvantage - which, given others views on rejecting external XML files, may overrule doing this as an idea.  By doing this, you have now made the entire titlesequence.db available for 'other platforms' ... as they will likely be using the same tvdb references ... 😬

The reason I raised it initially, is my Beta was looking at all my normal storage (using mklinks) and I tried to use the titlesequence.db file I had just spend 2 days creating on my main system by just copying it - then I realised it was linked with the UID - thus the problem.

Do 'normal' people (haha) have multiple copies of emby running in this manner ?

Are we making an issue of a non-issue ?

1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

By doing this, you have now made the entire titlesequence.db available for 'other platforms' ... as they will likely be using the same tvdb references

So could you create a MASTER database be made available to people, or does it till have to be done based on their own Emby setup?

Just forward thinking.

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

Agreed - but it has a disadvantage - which, given others views on rejecting external XML files, may overrule doing this as an idea.  By doing this, you have now made the entire titlesequence.db available for 'other platforms' ... as they will likely be using the same tvdb references ... 😬

The reason I raised it initially, is my Beta was looking at all my normal storage (using mklinks) and I tried to use the titlesequence.db file I had just spend 2 days creating on my main system by just copying it - then I realised it was linked with the UID - thus the problem.

Do 'normal' people (haha) have multiple copies of emby running in this manner ?

Are we making an issue of a non-issue ?

Exactly, I only have one instance of Emby running for all my clients.

Definitely shelve this until there is a great demand for it.....

rbjtech
1 minute ago, CBers said:

So could you create a MASTER database be made available to people, or does it till have to be done based on their own Emby setup?

Just forward thinking.

#8 on the 'list' - but I personally don't think this is doable - too many personal versions of a file with too many variables ..

# Item Priority Description Stage Latest Update Version Required Needs Core Updates ? ETA
1 FingerPrint(Chroma) High Creates a template based on a percentage of the Audio runtime. Ready More efficient use of dB but good enough for release when used with scheduler 2.0.2.8 No Complete
2 Detection High Detects the 'repeating Audio' vs other episodes and calculates the IntroStart and IntroEnd Ready Possibly more accuracy but certainly good enough at the moment with 90-95% 2.0.2.8 No Complete
3 Schedule High Due to the Detection needing the FP database, a schedule needs to be run to ensure the data is available. Ready  Working now but needs manual config 2.0.2.8 No Complete
4 Scaling High Depending on library size, these tasks can take days, even weeks - so it's important it's broken into manageable chunks. In progress Needs more testing on low powered NAS devices and memory issue resolved 2.0.3 No ?
5 Manual Skip Medium The IntroStart/IntroEnd can be added into the existing chapter points without needing Core development work Ready   2.0.3 No Complete
6 IntroSkip - Manual High Detection of an 'IntroStart/IntroEnd (in emby Chapters?) should bring a 'Skip Intro?' button to the front of the playback UI screen. Design     Yes ?
7 IntroSkip - Auto Medium Assuming accuracy is good enough, then #6 could also be automatic if given the option. Concept     Yes ?
8 Community dB Low A community dB of existing IntroStart/End points Concept     No ?
9 Specials Medium Handling of Special Episodes - both In Season and Out of Season Concept     No ?
10 Meta-Data Refresh High What happens when Metadata is refreshed - do we keep chapter points ? Ready As long as ID stays the same, then a metadata refresh is not an issue and chapters can be re-added in seconds.   No Complete
11 External chapter file Low Write all chapters (incl new Intro) to an external XML or Text File Rejected     No ?
12 Fix Chapter Insertion Logging Class Low Class should be IntroSkip, not App ? Ready     No Complete
13 API for Sequence/Intro Data High Function = TitleSequenceService Ready   All No Complete
14 Exception / Ignore Shows Medium How do we handle shows we want ignored as we know they don’t have Intro's and/or 'troublesome' shows ? Concept     No ?
15 Detection Accuracy Low Look at improvements in the Detection accuracy by using different sample rates.  Use other metadata if possible such as 'Sports' Genre to ignore detection ? Concept     No ?
16 Lock Details Medium We want to ensure manually edited Intro's times are not wiped Concept     No ?
17 Wipe FP/Detect data at Show Level Low Currently it's per Season - so not urgent but this could be useful if a Show has a lot of seasons Concept     No ?

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

@rbjtech @chef @samuelqwe

When you get a second, Take a look at this and see if it makes sense

IntroSkip Instructions & Beta Releases - Tools and Utilities - Emby Community

I think you all have moderator rights to this.  @CBers gave you this.  So you should be able to unlock, edit and relock any of the posts.

Cheers

• Like 2

Here, this is almost done.

This will give us more room to work in the UI.

It will also allow us to add features like the series selection, all we have to do is add new tabs to handle stuff in the future...

First Tab

introskip-newUI.thumb.png.e7de00ba4f52a92ef02810e26eb3e26d.png

Second Tab

introskip-newUI-2.thumb.png.d9fdbe552c7f0d2c38a0eb5bab498d68.png

You can add tabs as we go.

Chapters could have it's own tab. Just think Cheese... an entire page to handle Chapters inside the plugin! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, chef said:

Here, this is almost done.

This will give us more room to work in the UI.

It will also allow us to add features like the series selection, all we have to do is add new tabs to handle stuff in the future...

First Tab

introskip-newUI.thumb.png.e7de00ba4f52a92ef02810e26eb3e26d.png

Second Tab

introskip-newUI-2.thumb.png.d9fdbe552c7f0d2c38a0eb5bab498d68.png

You can add tabs as we go.

Chapters could have it's own tab. Just think Cheese... an entire page to handle Chapters inside the plugin! :)

I like it,  Although i can't think of many things to add to make a whole page of chapters 🤪

rbjtech

The speed you guys do this is just incredible .. I've just about compiled a post response and you've written a new GUI for it .. 🤣

check this out:

introskip-newUI-3.thumb.png.b0baf779b1bd82c2f67ef4c16da22cec.png

You still get a whole page cheese, even if you don't fill it.😉

One more tab for series selection. This will be more involved... 

Edited by chef

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

So we're not doing anything to try and improve title sequence detection, then?

We will but we need more community feed back

EDIT: As I've stated many times, it's more down to the encoding than the detection.  if it's goosed at production then we will be goosed

Edited by Cheesegeezer

31 minutes ago, CBers said:

Just forward thinking.

In my opinion... Maybe.

But, there is some just scepticism around if it is actually possible because people will have different encodings, and thus have different results.

6 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

So we're not doing anything to try and improve title sequence detection, then?

@samuelqwe might know for certain. 

There are areas in the code where we look at the contiguous regions between the two uint arrays... could this be dialed in?... I don't know.

29 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I think you all have moderator rights to this.  @CBers gave you this.

Sorry, didn't fully understand your request yesterday.

Will need an Admin, @Abobader, to set up access like that if required, if possible.

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, CBers said:

You'll have to update your instructions now that Chef has created a new UI 😂

hahaha fair point, nice catch!

19 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

The goal is for the Core code to use these endpoint to show a 'focused' INTROSKIP button on the VideoOSD when the intro starts and is displayed until the intro ends giving the user the option to skip the Title Sequence (Intro), similar to the Netflix experience.

With regard to this "goal", will the jump be to the exact spot after the INTRO has finished, or a second or two before?

In the ATV app, when you resume playback of a partially watched video, there is the Restart Rewind option where playback starts x seconds before the actual restart point.

This is very useful to bring you back up to speed with where you were.

Just wondered if it had been thought about.

I don't use Netflix (why would I 😇 ), so don't know what their "skip the Title Sequence (Intro)" option is.

Thanks.

Cheesegeezer
10 minutes ago, CBers said:

With regard to this "goal", will the jump be to the exact spot after the INTRO has finished, or a second or two before?

In the ATV app, when you resume playback of a partially watched video, there is the Restart Rewind option where playback starts x seconds before the actual restart point.

This is very useful to bring you back up to speed with where you were.

Just wondered if it had been thought about.

I don't use Netflix (why would I 😇 ), so don't know what their "skip the Title Sequence (Intro)" option is.

Thanks.

That is for the admins to implement, we have no say in how the videoOSD will implement this, however, as the audio fades to nothing or abruptly stops before the next scene audio starts, this should always start before the next scene starts.

As for the Restart rewind option this is a function of the resume button and this would be a core code update, but i think this already in and starts about 5 to 10 seconds before your resume point.

Edited by Cheesegeezer

I'm going to push the UI changes Cheese. 

It's all pretty straight forward, I just split up the javascript and html pages.

You'll see there are two new web pages available in the plugin configuration.

If you want to add new options to the Chapters, you would just work in "ChapterEditorConfigurationPage.js, and it's respective html document (like you would if there was only one page)

If you want to add something to "Advanced Settings" you would work in "AdvancedSettingsCOnfigurationPage.js", and it's respective html document.

I think Advanced settings is where we want to start work on the series selection options.

Once we have an idea about where we want to keep the series list to scan, and how we want to lay it out, we can work on how that affects the backend code.

I forgot to put a button in the UI to link to the help section on the forum... Nice job by the way

Edited by chef

Cheesegeezer

I'm going to push the UI changes Cheese. 

It's all pretty straight forward, I just split up the javascript and html pages.

Go for it, i'm working on some more chapter bugs I've found running on my main server with the latest release.  so I'm not ready to commit mine yet anyway.

You'll see there are two new web pages available in the plugin configuration.

If you want to add new options to the Chapters, you would just work in "ChapterEditorConfigurationPage.js, and it's respective html document (like you would if there was only one page)

If you want to add something to "Advanced Settings" you would work in "AdvancedSettings.js", and it's respective html document.

Gotchya now worries fella.

I think Advanced settings is where we want to start work on the series selection options.

Once we have an idea about where we want to keep the series list to scan, and how we want to lay it out, we can work on how that affects the backend code.

So what is the goal for this section.  I thought an exclusion was more of a priority so that sports and other recordings were not included in the FP and Detection Tasks.

Cheers fella and great work again.

3 hours ago, chef said:

What number is set in the advanced settings? It should be taking at least 2. 

It's set to 1 but I did it manually by default it was 4 (iirc).

56 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Go for it, i'm working on some more chapter bugs I've found running on my main server with the latest release.  so I'm not ready to commit mine yet anyway.

Gotchya now worries fella.

So what is the goal for this section.  I thought an exclusion was more of a priority so that sports and other recordings were not included in the FP and Detection Tasks.

Cheers fella and great work again.

I'm not sure if we should have a select box of series, and an add button?

Maybe under it is a 'paperlist' the item gets added to. Then each entry in the list has a trash icon that will remove the item?

We just keep an array of series Id's in the configuration, they get ignored in the scan.

It's most likely better to have a list of items to ignore, then a list of items to scan.

samuelqwe
6 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Hello mate, apologies for not getting back last night.

So i had a look thru and it would appear the file version was correct, however the Assembly version was stuck at 2.0.3.0.  I will post the correct dll in a sec.  Please use the new dll for the following tests.

Can you do the following for me please.

1. turn on debug logging in emby. 
  2. do a library refresh for all TV Shows (dont refresh images, not required).
  3. image.png.61b2aa42224ade1a862da078228b4421.png
  4. Restart emby (create a nice new log for us)
  5. Check that the IntroSkip Advanced setting sliders are both on
  6. image.png.dd8d367792317e245c99b868f778599d.png
  7. Then run the chapter Insertion Task under scheduled tasks.
  8. Once completed (or failed) PM me the full log if you would like to keep things private.

I will have a look

I’m a bit busy today, so I probably won’t be able to do this until tomorrow. Will do once I get a chance though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neik said:

It's set to 1 but I did it manually by default it was 4 (iirc).

Ah, okay. You found something that needs to be looked at.

The input is currently a text box, but it should be an number selector that has a minimum of 2.

I will fix that.

Thank you!

EDIT: @Cheesegeezer ever notice that  Emby's UI objects don't seem to handle inputs with a number type. Interesting....

Edited by chef