Hi everyone. Firstly I was to say a big thank you for getting offline working in ET. This is a feature I've been hope to use for a long long time. It always seemed to be 'sort of working', but always too much trouble, or never quite syncing correctly.
I do a lot of travelling for my job, with frequent 5 hour flights. I normally just copy a bunch of videos on my SP4, but recently I decided to try offline again. I was really impressed how simply everything downloaded and played correctly. Thank you so much! This has made my long flights so much nicer, and I actually even got comments from people sitting next to me asking me what I was using. They were also really impressed when I spoke about Emby.
Having said that... there are still a few things that are missing for offline mode to be feature complete.
- The biggest one is playstates. When I'm offline, there is no way to track playstates and watched status. This also means that when returning home I have to manually check what I watched when I was away.
- Missing images. Some of the show covers and poster images didn't save.
- Crashing when playing next episode. Every time I tried to play the next episode in a playlist the app would crash.
- The 'Downloaded Media" UI could use a bit of love. It seems that it the home screen hasn't really been thought out. I'm happy to do mock up of something if you like, but it just needs to be a simple with some nice collection images. Recent items needs to be limited and probably stacked.
- Update the download list when manually checking a watch status. Example: I set 'Vikings' to download the most recent 10 episodes. After they all copied over, I realised that I hadn't watched the most recent episode that was checked. I unchecked it in the Emby web client, but for the life of me I couldn't get that episode to download offline. The only way to do I was to cancel the sync (which deleted all 10 episodes) and download them all again.
I think that was everything. This is such an amazing feature. Thank you all again.
Edited by swhitmore, 12 June 2017 - 01:13 AM.