#21 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 16198 posts
  • Local time: 08:29 AM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:14 AM

thanks for alerting me to this. I am indeed merging folders and their people image into the metadata/people folder.

How and were do I rub/start the people refresh scheduled task?

Thanks,

O2G

Dashboard-Scheduled Tasks

#22 One2Go OFFLINE  

One2Go

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • Local time: 11:29 AM

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:14 PM

Thanks for the tip. After searching the forum I believe that this may not be necessary in my case. Here is what my procedure is.

Because sources for people images are sometimes not to my liking because of wrong resolution or too large resolution as well as terrible pictures themselves, I almost always check the people images before they get put in the structure. So when I copy people images into the metadata/people folder under their starting letter, it is my understanding that after a manual library scan they will then become available for display is that correct? I also understand that the people refresh scan is like doing a manual refresh of am item with the setting of replacing all metadata rather then finding missing metadata is that correct?

Since I most of the time manually update my metadata and all my metadata is current and up to date is there a reason to run the scheduled people refresh task?

@Happy2Play Thanks for your help and assistance it seems that this is your forte and I hope you can provide and help me with this, because I already am spending an exorbitant amount of time to get Emby to the point were I was with MB and I keep telling myself just this last tweak and I am finished. The wife thinks this is never ending project, I am trying to prove her wrong, because happy wife, happy life :D

Edited by One2Go, 28 April 2017 - 01:55 AM.

#23 One2Go OFFLINE  

One2Go

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

Ran the refresh for people on 1050 movies and 145 TV shows with almost 3500 episodes took 41 minutes which makes me think it used the local images already in the people folder. It looks like that people folders that had already images like folder.jpg in them were ignored and that the poster.jpg were from a previous refresh.

All in all it seems to be a success, now on to the tweaking.

#24 gismo33 OFFLINE  

gismo33

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 06:29 PM

Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:04 PM

Hello, I don't know if that is related to the messages above, but on my emby server there are several actor thumbnails with false ratio aspect if am browsing my movies library in chrome/web browser.

• I attached two images. First image shows the actor thumbs for one movie. Look at actor "James Earl Jones", this thumb has a false ratio aspect.
  • If I am clicking on the actors image the image now is correct and don't have a false ratio aspect (see image 2).
  • My assumption: The default ratio aspect for actor images is 1:1,5 but there are several "false" ratio aspects on tmdb with 1:1,29 or even lower. For actor "James Earl" this is the case, see TMDB (1800px/1441px = 1:1,25 and not 1:1,5). So I guess the actor's thumbnail view in emby should not change the ratio aspect of images to get 1:1,5 but cropping or zooming to get the ratio aspect of 1:1,5 if the original image is not in that ratio aspect.

Thanks 

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpeg   77.95KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpeg   119.88KB   1 downloads

Edited by gismo33, 31 March 2018 - 01:07 PM.

#25 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140182 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:35 PM

Hi, we'll take a look at this, thanks.

#26 gismo33 OFFLINE  

gismo33

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:44 PM

Hello 

Hi, we'll take a look at this, thanks.

@Luke Did you made some progress ? I still have false actor and poster images in the "gallery view" (if I select "poster view"). Only if I directly click on the actor or the poster and get the detailed page the images is displayed with the correct ratio.

Thanks

#27 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140182 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:45 PM

My opinion as of right now that it should be left as it is.

#28 gismo33 OFFLINE  

gismo33

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:25 PM

My opinion as of right now that it should be left as it is.

Mh, can I ask why? Did you don't have these false aspect ratio images in your poster-view?. I think the current solution is not optimal. Like the attached image in comment #24 (actor view) or the current attached image (movie poster view) you can see that if the images does not have the right ratio aspect (like 1:1,5) the images is distorted.

In my opinion, I would rather see a not distorted image (with black bars or zoomed-in) in the poster view as a distorted image. For all images that have the right aspect ratio, nothing changes, but the images that do not have the right ratio will at least displayed correctly.
(At least emby server should always download/select images with the correct ratio if they are multiple different images available...even if this is not the highes rated).

Attached File  posterview.jpeg   274.21KB   1 downloads

Edited by gismo33, 25 September 2018 - 02:27 PM.

#29 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140182 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:43 PM

Mainly to keep the images looking uniform.

#30 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 16198 posts
  • Local time: 08:29 AM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:28 PM

Or something like this

5baa89b606fcb_cast.jpg

or

5baa8db4b7ae1_fill.jpg

Instead of this

5baa8c15ef78d_stretch.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play, 25 September 2018 - 03:34 PM.

• Nickbert likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cast & crew, actors, thumbnails

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users