Can't log in with a different user account using Kodi

JoshFink
Go to solution Solved by inzombyac,

JoshFink

Hi, I'm having a little trouble here. I've been making great strides getting Kodi set up on my shield with the Emby Add-on. It's working great for my administrator account. 

Once it was set up, I wanted to now go in and change the Username associated with it.

I go into the add-on setting and and click "Change Emby Connect User". 

The login prompt pops up, I type in the credentials and it says "Welcome Username". 

All working great there. However, nothing changes. The current user still has access to the same Libraries. If I quit and go back in it then says "Welcome Administrator" again. 

If I change a user do I then need to go in and do a full refresh? I didn't want to spend the time doing this if it's not related. 

Thanks

Edited by JoshFink

• Solution
inzombyac

Are you looking to switch the Emby account for that user going forward or to change it on the fly? If you are looking to switch accounts on the fly, the add-on is not intended for that purpose.  The way to handle that is to make a separate Kodi profile for each emby user and switch Kodi accounts. If you want to make change permanent you need to do the "Perform local database reset" task after changing the user in the add-on.

• Like 1

JoshFink

Are you looking to switch the Emby account for that user going forward or to change it on the fly? If you are looking to switch accounts on the fly, the add-on is not intended for that purpose.  The way to handle that is to make a separate Kodi profile for each emby user and switch Kodi accounts. If you want to make change permanent you need to do the "Perform local database reset" task after changing the user in the add-on.

Thanks.. I was just looking to make it permanent (in this instance at least).