n00b42

Library Filter By Language

bric

I would be happy to see something like this too (assuming it's not available a year on).

I've made a point of making sure that the audio tracks are labelled with the appropriate language in my library. 

That seems to mean streamdetails > audio > language is updated in the .nfo with the appropriate data and I've been able to use Kodi playlists to sort video based on this... but it requires kodi.  Lately, I've been testing emby theatre and the apps and this feature is lacking.

Luke

We don't have this but it's a good idea for the future, thanks.

• Like 1

fonzie

Definitely would like to see this.

samafas

This would be totally awesome!!!!

• Like 1

NetViewer

Are there ans news about this?

Luke

Not just yet, sorry.

th0th

Hi, just wanted to pile on... I live in singapore and have visitors from thai/indo/viet/hk/etc. would love to be able to filter by subtitle.

right now I'm using 'find | grep "\.tha\."' to, for example, get a list of movies with external thai subtitles -- and this misses movies with internal thai subs...

It would be great if I could just use the filter function in the gui.

Cheers.

Luke

Thanks for the feedback. We'll get to it as soon as we can.

nonstatic

Just wanted to support this request.  I have tons of foreign films but sometimes I don't feel like reading subtitles.  Being able to filter by audio language would be wonderful.

anthony_m
Posted (edited)

Giving this a bump, it is one of the reasons I have always been keeping Plex around. Sometimes I have people over who want to watch movies in a specific language or at least with subtitles in that language and there is no way to filter for this at the moment.

Edit: I just noticed that this is my first post. Long time reader so I could have sworn I had posted before :) Very happy overall with Envy but I guess there is always room for improvement.

Edited by anthony_m

CyberPoison

This is exactly what we need for all library that uses video formats and audio, a filter to filter the audio language and the subtitles languages