Security Cameras Plug-in?

Sammy

Sammy

@@chef

I sent you a PM on the micasaverde forums. Take a look and let me know what you think. Let's continue discussion of this over there. HAPPY CANADA DAY (day late..)

TIA

• Like 1

PrincessClevage

I'll check that out when I get home or maybe go into an RDP session to load the new dll and report back.

Has this been tested? Would be great to see this in the plugin catalogue

Edited by PrincessClevage
  • Like 1

Sammy

Has this been tested? Would be great to see this in the plugin catalogue

Yes it's been tested and it works great!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

PrincessClevage

We need a plugin catalog icon :)

I am no Graphic artist but this is an attempt595da671a5192_Surrveillance3.jpg

• Like 2

Sammy

I am no Graphic artist but this is an attempt595da671a5192_Surrveillance3.jpg

I think the camera and lens needs to not be "tilted" but rather viewed directly from above. Otherwise, nice work!

• 3 weeks later...
Chipsta040365

I received error 404 file not found

is this plugin not available anymore????

Chipsta040365

Forget my last Post

I'm an idiot - just noticed it in Plugins Directory

Great job Guys on the plugin!!!

• Like 1

lexisdude

It would also be cool if this could support image/web based cams.. Weather cams; college campuses; traffic cams oh my ..

http://cmhimg01.dot.state.oh.us/images/dayton/I-75_at_Wagoner_Ford_Rd.jpg

Hitting refresh for the link shows the next updated image - many of the web based cameras out there work on the same principal; having the link to the picture only requires a refresh. It would do great on a 10-15 sec interval or make it so the interval can be configured.

Edited by lexisdude

chef

It would also be cool if this could support image/web based cams.. Weather cams; college campuses; traffic cams oh my ..

http://cmhimg01.dot.state.oh.us/images/dayton/I-75_at_Wagoner_Ford_Rd.jpg

Hitting refresh for the link shows the next updated image - many of the web based cameras out there work on the same principal; having the link to the picture only requires a refresh. It would do great on a 10-15 sec interval or make it so the interval can be configured.

Interesting, have we tried input those static camera feed URLs into the plugin yet to see if they show up.

I'm just wondering if maybe they already do.

lexisdude

Interesting, have we tried input those static camera feed URLs into the plugin yet to see if they show up.

I'm just wondering if maybe they already do.

I did try - the picture flashes for a split second then is replaced with a blank image. 

PrincessClevage

@@chef have you had any time to attempt to get vera motion trigger to send a message to your message plugin which in turn sends a message to xyz user stating motion triggered on xyz camera with an option to Open xyz camera live feed?

chef

I did look into that.

Vera's API will update data but there are no eventargs, which means that the API has to be polled consistently in order to get info.

I'm just wondering if it is safe to use the emby httpClient like that. Making request every second?

I wonder how that would effect emby stability?

We could try it.

I build my home automation AI program that way. It polls vera for info every second for info.

My CPU idles at about 9, with it running , emby running, and my hosting server running.

PrincessClevage

I did look into that.

Vera's API will update data but there are no eventargs, which means that the API has to be polled consistently in order to get info.

I'm just wondering if it is safe to use the emby httpClient like that. Making request every second?

I wonder how that would effect emby stability?

We could try it.

I build my home automation AI program that way. It polls vera for info every second for info.

My CPU idles at about 9, with it running , emby running, and my hosting server running.

Is it difficult/possible to have your message plugin monitor dedicated email client for alerts and setting rules based on email subject e.g

Camera 1 motion sensor is triggered on vera and I have setup a scene to alert via email to dedicAted vera alert mailbox and also setup win 10 default mail client on emby server so when mail comes in from camera 1 your message plugin is configured to message xyz emby user/s with email content and offer to open camera 1 live stream (mapped from your camera plugin).

• 2 months later...
CBers

If you guys have a chance, please try this version and see if you finds anything wrong with editing saved cameras.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3lig2n9bwa3hye/IPCam.zip?dl=0

@@chef - did this make it to the Emby Plugins catalog, as I'm not seeing anything.

If not, do you have an up-to-date DLL I can download please, as the link above gives a 404 error.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Sammy

@@chef - did this make it to the Emby Plugins catalog, as I'm not seeing anything.

If not, do you have an up-to-date DLL I can download please, as the link above gives a 404 error.

Thanks.

Pretty sure this is it.

59d7a1a2db181_SecurityCamLive.jpg

IPCam.zip

Edited by Sammy

chef

@@CBers cool! Yeah I think iti S still in the catalog.

The icon is a bunch of sercurity cameras.

In pretty sure that it didn't need an update, but I could be completely wrong.

PluginConfiguration changed and my brain didn't grasp it right away.

If it isn't there, I'll fix it right away. It's definitely a useful plugin :)

Edit: I just remembered I called it "servalance camera".

Edited by chef

Jdiesel

How is the camera stream passed to the client? My sever is not on my local network and I'd rather the camera stream be passed directly to my clients on my local network instead of needing to leave my local network to pass through my server and back to my local network.

Edited by chef

chef

Sorry I pressed the wrong button above...

How is the camera stream passed to the client? My sever is not on my local network and I'd rather the camera stream be passed directly to my clients on my local network instead of needing to leave my local network to pass through my server and back to my local network.

It uses http or rtsp to get the stream.

The plugin grabs the stream directly from either the camera or the application recording it.  :)

Unfortunately, the clients are grabbing streams from the emby server, so I'm not sure it is exactly what your after. 

Edited by chef

Jdiesel

Sorry I pressed the wrong button above...

It uses http or rtsp to get the stream.

The plugin grabs the stream directly from either the camera or the application recording it.  :)

Unfortunately, the clients are grabbing streams from the emby server, so I'm not sure it is exactly what your after. 

That sounds like the behavior that I am looking for. Have any camera recommendations and Canadian suppliers?

chef

That sounds like the behavior that I am looking for. Have any camera recommendations and Canadian suppliers?

I got some cameras from Amazon.ca called ICAMI. They were about fifty bucks each and they are outdoors. Thy work well with the plugin and the application which comes with them is pretty lower matainence.

I've been really happy with them.

I even created a cool Alexa app which when requested pulls a camera image and sends it off to Microsoft for anyalization which in turn responds with a text description of the image.

Alexa then reads it.

Persons height, gender approx age and even ethnicity. Clothes color etc.

Alexa will even can use the emby plugin to put the live stream on any of my emby devices.

Pretty cool actually!

Let's see them break into my car now! Lol! They're so screwed when they do... Lol

CBers

Thanks.

Pretty sure this is it.

59d7a1a2db181_SecurityCamLive.jpg

@@CBers cool! Yeah I think iti S still in the catalog.

The icon is a bunch of sercurity cameras.

In pretty sure that it didn't need an update, but I could be completely wrong.

PluginConfiguration changed and my brain didn't grasp it right away.

If it isn't there, I'll fix it right away. It's definitely a useful plugin :)

Edit: I just remembered I called it "servalance camera".

I think it's because I'm running .net core Emby server and I don't think you have ported it as yet have you from .net framework ??

It will need to be ported, as once Luke puts .net core out as STABLE Emby server, then it won't work.

Sammy

I think it's because I'm running .net core Emby server and I don't think you have ported it as yet have you from .net framework ??

It will need to be ported, as once Luke puts .net core out as STABLE Emby server, then it won't work.

Well. I'm glad you caught this beforehand.

Not to wander too much, can you link to the improvements expected in using the .net core? IDK much at all about .net but I thought Emby used .net v4.6.2 right now. Is .net core something different?

chef

Well. I'm glad you caught this beforehand.

Not to wander too much, can you link to the improvements expected in using the .net core? IDK much at all about .net but I thought Emby used .net v4.6.2 right now. Is .net core something different?

Yep it sure is.

I have to fix all three of my plugins.

Since you're on .net core already, can you help test out the plugin @@CBers

Edited by chef