Security Cameras Plug-in?

Sammy

zigzagtshirt

This seemed like an interesting idea, so I thought I would give it a shot with an old phone I have.\

I installed IP Webcam

I got it to work, but there is a very long delay in loading, and the video is all sped up.  My guess is that IP Webcam is streaming something that Emby and the IPTV plugin don't like.

Here's the log:

attachicon.gifSecCamLog.txt

Going from memory here...

Doesn't IP Webcam have output settings you can change?  If so, maybe tinkering with them would help improve quality.

BAlGaInTl

Going from memory here...

Doesn't IP Webcam have output settings you can change?  If so, maybe tinkering with them would help improve quality.

Yes it does, but the older phone I'm using to test doesn't support much.

I may re-attack at a later time.

• 2 weeks later...
Sammy

As usual, I have a million things going on. This time it is installing a VS Pool pump and integrating with my Vera HA. Then I fired my pool guy because the chemical balance was all out of whack so I'm working on getting that back in shape.

I appreciate everyone's testing and suggestions so I guess I will continue to use Blue Iris independent of Emby. Just thought it would be nice to just flip the feed in Emby and look at what's happening outside..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

As usual, I have a million things going on. This time it is installing a VS Pool pump and integrating with my Vera HA. Then I fired my pool guy because the chemical balance was all out of whack so I'm working on getting that back in shape.

I appreciate everyone's testing and suggestions so I guess I will continue to use Blue Iris independent of Emby. Just thought it would be nice to just flip the feed in Emby and look at what's happening outside..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatal

You can do it but it required you to turn off the setting for passwords on local lan. There is a box to uncheck, its the same setting that prevents using BI on homeseer so I already have it off. As long as your network is locked down turning it off is no big deal.

gleep52

I can't get it to work with BP2000's web page addition... I turned off the secure connections as a test and it still didn't work for me.  I gave up.  *sighs*

chef

Okay! I have started a specific plugin for IP cameras.

I'm trying to get a channel built.

I currently can build an application for Windows using Webclient object and it works.

There is a credential parameter for the password user name

I just ha e to first figure out if the IHttpClient in the plugin architecture has the same parameters and then figure get the stream into the player.

Thing is if you look at a mobile view of your IP camera, then that is not exactly the URL for the image stream.

Rather, if you inspect the video footage you will see that,in most cases, the URL is an image stream embed into the HTML.

So! That is URL to input into the setup.

I'll get back to you.

For now what I do, is watch my recorded footage as a library in emby.

As for live stream stay tuned, and if you have an IP camera I would love to know about any PC/mobile view elements (inspect element in web browser) HTML information, so I could attempt to write something universal.

• Like 2

Sammy

I am currently using Blue Iris because it has a functioning plugin for Vera. The web address used is localhost:port. I use port 81 and have it open in my router. There's a log in to the stream from Blue Iris and a parameter to enter the camera number (Cam1, Cam2, etc as the "short name" used in Blue Iris). Each camera shows up as a separate camera in the Vera and it gives a frame by frame view.

Blue Iris is were the individual local camera <ipaddress>:<port> is entered for each camera.

Here's a link to the thread discussing the plugin in Vera that may help model it for you and here it is in the Vera App Store.

chef

That vera plugin uses wget.exe.

We'll be using the raw image stream to present in emby.

Edited by chef

Sammy

That vera plugin uses wget.exe.

We'll be using the raw image stream to present in emby.

Sorry to have you spend time on that but I was hoping to save some time so you can use some of what they did for Emby.

Thank you for taking this on.

Can't wait to test it out. BTW each of my cameras have their own local ip and port as well as a log in too.

chef

Hmm, I think that for configuration each IP and port will have to be added for the cameras.

Then we can just use the Vimeo channel plugin as an example to use.

Still need to look further into Requesting streams with credentials.

PrincessClevage

Hmm, I think that for configuration each IP and port will have to be added for the cameras.

Then we can just use the Vimeo channel plugin as an example to use.

Still need to look further into Requesting streams with credentials.

how this one coming along Chef? I have two foscams if I can help with any testing I would be more than happy too.

• 1 month later...
Sammy

Wonderin if there's an alpha to test here that doesn't bork Emby as a whole or I can set up a separate Emby server to test.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
mwongjay

I have 5 Dahua ip cams. I can access the rtsp sub-stream at the following url: rtsp://username:password@192.168.xx.xx/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1.

I use the IPTV plugin which allows me to view the stream in near real time (~10sec delay). I use Xeoma to email me notifications when movement is detected which prompts me to exit the program I'm watching and navigate to the cam stream associated with the movement which is included in the notification I get from Xeoma.

Edited by mwongjay

chef

How many of these ipcamera applications have APIs for movement? Or some sort of event trigger when when movement is detected.

The reason I ask is, I believe that it maybe possible to get popups in certain clients to alert users when movement is detected, and I am pretty sure that I can create a plugin which will stream the video feed to a channel on client home pages in emby.

I'm pretty sure I can do it. I was going to look at the Vimeo plugin to learn how to get the live stream and the trailers plugin to put it into its own channel.

It would want to create something general enough, where you would put the URL for the live stream into a configuration page and it could be used for all the IP camera application.

Edited by chef

mwongjay

How many of these ipcamera applications have APIs for movement? Or some sort of event trigger when when movement is detected.

The reason I ask is, I believe that it maybe possible to get popups in certain clients to alert users when movement is detected, and I am pretty sure that I can create a plugin which will stream the video feed to a channel on client home pages in emby.

I'm pretty sure I can do it. I was going to look at the Vimeo plugin to learn how to get the live stream and the trailers plugin to put it into its own channel.

It would want to create something general enough, where you would put the URL for the live stream into a configuration page and it could be used for all the IP camera application.

Someone made a tutorial with Xeoma and Kodi demonstrating the ability to sent an http request when motion is detected https://www.htpcbeginner.com/kodi-security-cam-xeoma-video-surveillance-software/

Edited by mwongjay
  • Like 1

Sammy

@@chef

I'm not sure how BlueIris handles motion but I know that in my VeraPlus Home Automation controller, I can use my IP Cams as Motion Sensors to trigger other things to happen with any device in my Vera, even sound an alarm if I want to. The problem with that is that the motion sensors go off too often, especially in the afternoon when the wind is blowing the trees and bushes in front of my house around.

• Like 1

mwongjay

@@chef

I'm not sure how BlueIris handles motion but I know that in my VeraPlus Home Automation controller, I can use my IP Cams as Motion Sensors to trigger other things to happen with any device in my Vera, even sound an alarm if I want to. The problem with that is that the motion sensors go off too often, especially in the afternoon when the wind is blowing the trees and bushes in front of my house around.

You may have an options to lower the sensitivity threshold that triggers a motion event. If not, you might look into another solution like Xeoma which has that capability. I think that's a separate issue from having the ability to view cam streams in Emby and would be specific to the video security software you use.

Edited by mwongjay

Sammy

BlueIris has it but I haven't tweaked it. I'd rather get branches blowing than miss something important.

That said, I'll take a look at Xeoma but does it talk to Vera?

Edited by Sammy

mwongjay

BlueIris has it but I haven't tweaked it. I'd rather get branches blowing than miss something important.

That said, I'll take a look at Xeoma.

I don't want to get too far off topic so the last tangent I make in response is what I do. I have Xeoma recording the main hi-res streams 24/7. For everything else (notifications, Emby, remote access) I view the sub-streams so I get an idea of what motion triggered the event, but I don't need to see it in hi-res which requires more bandwidth. I don't trust any software to 100% guarantee important, relevant motion events will trigger a recording so I record everything and can search the archives for motion events and view the hi-res recording if necessary.

• Like 1

mwongjay

That said, I'll take a look at Xeoma but does it talk to Vera?

I'm not sure. I recently found this thread and encountered a tutorial that someone made using Xeoma's to integrate with Kodi using http requests and thought it would be useful to this discussion. I have yet to set up that functionality though.

• Like 1

Sammy

I don't want to get too far off topic so the last tangent I make in response is what I do. I have Xeoma recording the main hi-res streams 24/7. For everything else (notifications, Emby, remote access) I view the sub-streams so I get an idea of what motion triggered the event, but I don't need to see it in hi-res which requires more bandwidth. I don't trust any software to 100% guarantee important, relevant motion events will trigger a recording so I record everything and can search the archives for motion events and view the hi-res recording if necessary.

Me too actually. I need to go back into BlueIris and tweak it a bit by blocking out the bushes that trigger the motion sensor but it all takes time..

PrincessClevage

Me too actually. I need to go back into BlueIris and tweak it a bit by blocking out the bushes that trigger the motion sensor but it all takes time..

foscam HD already has this built into the camera where you can blot out squares that have bushes etc from motion detection trigger. Chef I believe the Foscam have live stream capability

https://github.com/openhab/openhab1-addons/wiki/Foscam-IP-Cameras

• Like 1

Sammy

That is exactly what BlueIris does too and you can adjust the sensitivity too. I started to mess with that but ended up going back because I went too far and it didn't sense me walking in front of the cameras. I can block out the bushes but from the camera angle on one side of the house that also blocks out a considerable part of the walkway from the street to the porch that I don't want not sensing motion so I live with it. I use Monoprice / Hikvision PoE IP cams, BTW.