Security Cameras Plug-in?

Sammy

Sammy

A good RTSP URL site is:

https://www.ispyconnect.com/sources.aspx

is this any good?

I just tried it for my camera. It didn't have a place to put in the port (is it even needed?) and the stream protocol was off a bit. I used 101 but this returned merely a 1; again, maybe it works like this as I read someplace here about that digit but didn't read it all as I used the whole thing.

Edited by Sammy

Sammy

Not to be lost in the shuffle. Pony up guys!

Well I will! My OP post 1 states that I'd buy some beer if someone figured this out and I follow through on things like that!

I'll add the ability to edit the stream info.

Beer money can be sent to:

"https://www.paypal.me/BenjaminA/4

If you want, just change the "4" at the end of the link if you want to donate more or less.

I'm just glad to be of service to the community :)

chef

How are you doing this with Alexa? Is this through Emby or by another means?

Do you use Alexa to control Emby?

Yes I use alexa to control EVERYTHING lol!  :lol:

Sammy

LOL! check this out!

@@Luke

@@gjviii

@@Sammy

@@PrincessClevage

I don't have any of these voice activated devices as I like my smartphone to do stuff for me but have been considering it. Right now I use Vera to do this sort of stuff and an old school Harmony H900.

Do you have to have Emby already running for this to happen of does the verbal command "Home Theater" load Emby on the "xBox" when you answer that question?

There's plug in development for Alexa on Vera right now but I don't follow that thread as I don't have an Alexa. HMM.. More techie stuff to investigate. If I get it I have even more things to manage. Right now it is Emby, WMC and the tuners for that, Vera, BlueIris and my ipCams, Hmm what else can I add to that? LOL. Sometimes I wonder if this cool stuff to make life "easier" sometimes complicates things.. 

All that said, do you program Alexa with a web GUI or phone app?

Sammy

I guess also, I'd need a smattering of echos around the house and in the back yard. With this I wouldn't even need to grab my phone to turn on the pool pumps, spa or patio lights and fans. Just tell Alexa to do it.

chef

I have many echos now. But alexa speaks to an emby plugin i brewed up. However there is an actual alexa emby plugin written by another member of the community. His is very intuitive.

Pretty cool. 

And I wrote my own vera plugin as well. :)

PrincessClevage

LOL! check this out!

@@Luke

@@gjviii

@@Sammy

@@PrincessClevage

Nice perk!

how come your camera feed displays so quick? Mine has about 5 sec delay to load and even speech is about 5sec delay

If you add a nice 1080p backdrop to your cameras and top level folder you get a nice splash screen while camera feed is loading

Edited by PrincessClevage

Sammy

@@chef

Vera plugin for Alexa?

Are you on this forum for the Alexa too?

BTW, if you are, I'm about to install some Insteon Fanlincs with the Insteon USB modem/bridge into my VeraPlus. I see nothing but people having issues with that. I may ask for some help over there and tag you in my post when I get to going on that.

Edited by Sammy
  • Like 1

Sammy

Nice perk!

how come your camera feed displays so quick?

If you add a nice 1080p backdrop to your cameras and top level folder you get a nice splash screen while camera feed is loading

I noticed just now that the load time on my android app was considerably faster than in ET on my HTPC or in the Roku app. Maybe Emby "gets used to it" and loads faster?

• Like 1

chef

If you guys have a chance, please try this version and see if you finds anything wrong with editing saved cameras.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3lig2n9bwa3hye/IPCam.zip?dl=0

Note: I think the load time is faster because I'm sending the stream through DLNA directly to the xbox one, where as the stream for some of my other clients are considerably longer to load. 

Edited by chef

chef

Nice perk!

how come your camera feed displays so quick? Mine has about 5 sec delay to load and even speech is about 5sec delay

Oh!  that is a great catch! 

Sammy

If you guys have a chance, please try this version and see if you finds anything wrong with editing saved cameras.

Note: I think the load time is faster because I'm sending the stream through DLNA directly to the xbox one, where as the stream for some of my other clients are considerably longer to load. 

What's new?

I'm thinking being able to record from within Emby could be cool.

chef

What's new?

I'm thinking being able to record from within Emby could be cool.

Selecting a saved camera will allow you to edit and resave them now.

Recording eh? Let me see if I can do it.

That might be a bit out of my expertise.

I'll have to look at some code on the git.

Sammy

Selecting a saved camera will allow you to edit and resave them now.

Recording eh? Let me see if I can do it.

That might be a bit out of my expertise.

I'll have to look at some code on the git.

I'll check that out when I get home or maybe go into an RDP session to load the new dll and report back.

gjviii

just installed and have 4 cameras running well.

Any thoughts about a split screen sort of setup where we could see multiple camera streams at once?

chef

just installed and have 4 cameras running well.

Any thoughts about a split screen sort of setup where we could see multiple camera streams at once?

Well, technically this plugin is only redirecting the camera streams through emby to whatever player emby is using on a device.

Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure that is possible without accessing the streams prior to emby serving it up.

gleep52

Yes that was my thoughts exactly.  With blue iris you can pass a group name in the URL to display all cameras within a group.  So for example I have four cameras around my front door/house area in a group in Blue Iris called "frontyard" - I can see all of those cameras with a specific URL.  I haven't tried out this plugin yet - I keep running out of time.  Hopefully I'll be able to try this tomorrow night.  Thanks for all this hard work!

Sammy

I'll add the ability to edit the stream info.

Beer money can be sent to:

"https://www.paypal.me/BenjaminA/4

If you want, just change the "4" at the end of the link if you want to donate more or less.

I'm just glad to be of service to the community :)

Just used that link to beer you. 

• Like 1

Sammy

I have many echos now. But alexa speaks to an emby plugin i brewed up. However there is an actual alexa emby plugin written by another member of the community. His is very intuitive.

Pretty cool. 

And I wrote my own vera plugin as well. :)

@@chef

Vera plugin for Alexa?

Are you on this forum for the Alexa too?

BTW, if you are, I'm about to install some Insteon Fanlincs with the Insteon USB modem/bridge into my VeraPlus. I see nothing but people having issues with that. I may ask for some help over there and tag you in my post when I get to going on that.

@@chef

I'm having a hell of a time getting Alsteon / Insteon to work on my Vera.. You can see my posts over in the micasaverde forums.

I've got it down to two things.

1. Compiling Alsteon Source to Linux Binaries to load into the Vera.

2. Creating a startup in the .root/.etc directory so that Alsteon Loads when Vera does each time.

I know this is off topic but I need some help. If you could PM me or login on the micasaverde forums to offer assistance that would be great! Thanks!!

chef

@@chef

I'm having a hell of a time getting Alsteon / Insteon to work on my Vera.. You can see my posts over in the micasaverde forums.

I've got it down to two things.

1. Compiling Alsteon Source to Linux Binaries to load into the Vera.

2. Creating a startup in the .root/.etc directory so that Alsteon Loads when Vera does each time.

I know this is off topic but I need some help. If you could PM me or login on the micasaverde forums to offer assistance that would be great! Thanks!!

Let me do some reading and see what it is so I can help ;)

• Like 1

Sammy

Let me do some reading and see what it is so I can help ;)

Cool. If you go to the micasaverde forum down at the bottom is the information about it but the thing is that it is sort of abandoned but I did find the Lua files to put into vera and the Alsteon Source Code, it just insn't compiled into a binary to run on the Vera which was deliberate to make it more portable to differnent Vera models. I don't know Linux or rPi so I'm stuck! I think maybe we can continue this over there? Are you the same "chef" in those forums?

There is this wiki but I don' tknow what they're talking about..

TIA

Edited by Sammy