Security Cameras Plug-in?

Sammy

Sammy

I have been real busy since the first alpha of this came out and haven't had the time to play with it. I've been following along though and thank you @@chef for putting it together and for those testing it too. I will give it a go this weekend and see how things work out.

gleep52

I too have tried following the posts in this thread, but was hoping someone could post what Chef created, how to install it (link too?), what it is compatible with, etc.  Like a full write up for us newbs.  ;)

Sammy

I'm pretty sure that will come but right now this is in alpha testing right now. It was merely created over the last few weeks and came to fruition about a week to 10 days ago.

chef

@@gleep52

Please try this version of the plugin.

Merely place it in your plugins folder for testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3lig2n9bwa3hye/IPCam.zip?dl=0

Your plugin folder can be found in the "Emby-Server" root folder "/plugins"

unpack the dll and restart the server.

If this works for you and everyone is happy, I'll request that it appears in the catalog.

PrincessClevage

@@gleep52

Please try this version of the plugin.

Merely place it in your plugins folder for testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3lig2n9bwa3hye/IPCam.zip?dl=0

Your plugin folder can be found in the "Emby-Server" root folder "/plugins"

unpack the dll and restart the server.

If this works for you and everyone is happy, I'll request that it appears in the catalog.

Is this a new version? Is the adding multiple camera issue ready for testing?

PrincessClevage

Yes! I believe it is working in this version. [emoji106]

Tested adding 2 cameras both have working video and audio feeds. I have my bling sorted and a nice 1080p splash screen picture pops up while waiting for feed to load;-)

Just the plugin name in ET is now "Security Camera Live" which does not really fit with the rest of the top level headings in ET as they are all one word e.g playlist, recordings, blurn, collections, tunein etc

Perhaps "Surveillance" ?

Edited by PrincessClevage

gjviii

how do you delete a camera?  i entered one and must have entered bad info because it wasnt working.  i click on the delete icon, but once i hit refresh the 'bad' camera is still there.

thanks

PrincessClevage

how do you delete a camera? i entered one and must have entered bad info because it wasnt working. i click on the delete icon, but once i hit refresh the 'bad' camera is still there.

thanks

if the trash can icon in the plugin configuration screen in Emby server does not work you can delete or edit the config file in c:\%userprofile%\programdata\roaming\emby-server\plugins\configuration

(Above is from memory, but should be close, plugin name is Ipcam.dll and ipcam.conf)

Edit: wow looks like the forum site doesn't like backslash (replaces the with \)

Edited by PrincessClevage

Sammy

So what is the protocol for entering the camera ip address, port number, user name and password?

PrincessClevage

So what is the protocol for entering the camera ip address, port number, user name and password?

You need to Google your camera maker, model and rtsp or http video and audio feed URL
  • Like 1

chef

I'll change the channel feed name right away.

Also, Luke mentioned that channel items stay cached for about a day in the emby core. So even though the feed had been deleted from the configuration it may still be visible from the channel.

I'll make those changes today!

Thanks for all the time you guys have spent testing it out :)

@@Sammy

@@PrincessClevage

@@gjviii

Edited by chef

PrincessClevage

I'll change the channel feed name right away.

Also, Luke mentioned that channel items stay cached for about a day in the emby core. So even though the feed had been deleted from the configuration it may still be visible from the channel.

I'll make those changes today!

Thanks for all the time you guys have spent testing it out :)

@@Sammy

@@PrincessClevage

@@gjviii

Thank you for your time and efforts Chef.

Its good to see new plugins keeps raising the attraction/usability of Emby.

chef

By the way, I suppose I could link to a resource to help people figure out their camera URLs.

I'll look for one on line or if anyone else has a good resource for the plugin?

gjviii

By the way, I suppose I could link to a resource to help people figure out their camera URLs.

I'll look for one on line or if anyone else has a good resource for the plugin?

I used Econ's recommendation (post #61)

• Like 1

Sammy

I got it working for one camera now.. I was using the http port and not the rtsp port.. Made that change and there it is! Any way to speed up the loading of the stream?

Sammy

Added a second camera. I have two right now but have 4 more in boxes that I need to find the time to install and set up. This is so cool, @@chef

Now for a feature request.

Is it possible to make so the user can select a camera in the plugin and edit the settings would be good in case the user changes passwords or even the ip address or port in the camera configuration?

And where do we send the beer money?

Sammy

So, I deleted the cameras with the wrong ports both in Emby Server Configuration and by editing the xml file. I Refreshed Cameras and restarted the Emby Server. They still show up on my Emby Client Home Page. I think I saw a post here that @@Luke said it will take some time to disappear. I'm wondering why this is the case when there's nothing in the database telling Emby it is there and if there's a way to make the change more instantaneous.

PrincessClevage

So, I deleted the cameras with the wrong ports both in Emby Server Configuration and by editing the xml file. I Refreshed Cameras and restarted the Emby Server. They still show up on my Emby Client Home Page. I think I saw a post here that @@Luke said it will take some time to disappear. I'm wondering why this is the case when there's nothing in the database telling Emby it is there and if there's a way to make the change more instantaneous.

i could be wrong but I think Chef was referring to the Emby store plugin version update lag time
  • Like 1

chef

I got it working for one camera now.. I was using the http port and not the rtsp port.. Made that change and there it is! Any way to speed up the loading of the stream?

I know the delay kind of sucks. Do you notice your stream is also delayed, about the same amount of time it takes to load.

Unfortunately that is a core thing, ffmpeg needs to encode the stream, which is why you are see the delay. I'm afraid we'll have to live with that.

chef

Added a second camera. I have two right now but have 4 more in boxes that I need to find the time to install and set up. This is so cool, @@chef

Now for a feature request.

Is it possible to make so the user can select a camera in the plugin and edit the settings would be good in case the user changes passwords or even the ip address or port in the camera configuration?

And where do we send the beer money?

I'll add the ability to edit the stream info.

Beer money can be sent to:

"https://www.paypal.me/BenjaminA/4

If you want, just change the "4" at the end of the link if you want to donate more or less.

I'm just glad to be of service to the community :)

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

chef

From what I can tell, emby caches the channel data. Because when I make an API call to new media items my camera streams show up in the list.

What is cool about that is that now I can ask Alexa to show me the streams, and BAM! There they are on my Xbox One... After the loading delay of coarse...lol!

Sammy

How are you doing this with Alexa? Is this through Emby or by another means?

Do you use Alexa to control Emby?

• Like 1