Security Cameras Plug-in?

Sammy

CBers

Since you're on .net core already, can you help test out the plugin @@CBers

No worries, but there are quite a few people on .net core now.

CBers

Well. I'm glad you caught this beforehand.

Not to wander too much, can you link to the improvements expected in using the .net core? IDK much at all about .net but I thought Emby used .net v4.6.2 right now. Is .net core something different?

.net core is faster than .net framework, which is what Emby uses now.

More details here.

PrincessClevage

I got some cameras from Amazon.ca called ICAMI. They were about fifty bucks each and they are outdoors. Thy work well with the plugin and the application which comes with them is pretty lower matainence.

I've been really happy with them.

I even created a cool Alexa app which when requested pulls a camera image and sends it off to Microsoft for anyalization which in turn responds with a text description of the image.

Alexa then reads it.

Persons height, gender approx age and even ethnicity. Clothes color etc.

Alexa will even can use the emby plugin to put the live stream on any of my emby devices.

Pretty cool actually!

Let's see them break into my car now! Lol! They're so screwed when they do... Lol

What MS service reads photos and creates text? Have you tested and is it accurate?

chef

What MS service reads photos and creates text? Have you tested and is it accurate?

Within a year of age or spot on everytime.

I have a video on my you tube one second...

I worked the delay down to 2.95 seconds. This test was beta at just over six seconds.

Ms cognitive sense api

Edited by chef
  • Like 3

PrincessClevage

I worked the delay down to 2.95 seconds. This test was beta at just over six seconds.

Ms cognitive sense api

Nice, what MP is the camera in the video? 1mp?

swhitmore

Hey guys, great plugin. Thank you for your hard work I was able to get it setup without too much trouble. The only issue I found is that the stream is being detected as a movie. Do I just need to create my own metadata for the camera? Or is there a better way we can do this.

59d86faa9bacb_Capture.png

59d86fccb4dc0_Capture2.png

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 1

PrincessClevage

Hey guys, great plugin. Thank you for your hard work I was able to get it setup without too much trouble. The only issue I found is that the stream is being detected as a movie. Do I just need to create my own metadata for the camera? Or is there a better way we can do this.

59d86faa9bacb_Capture.png

59d86fccb4dc0_Capture2.png

From memory I set the top lvl camera to locked in metadata manager and don't for get to add a folder image and nice 1080p backdrop image as you will get a nice splash screen presented when u select the camera while waiting for the stream to load .
  • Like 2

Sammy

Ms cognitive sense api

Do you have a WiKi on this or more simply, "How?"

chef

Do you have a WiKi on this or more simply, "How?"

It's a little custom, I can guide you through the process if you would like.

It can get a bit advanced... Are you still interested

1. sign up for an Amazon developer account

2. Read the documentation on Microsoft Cognitive Sense Services. Particularly the part about "Face API"

3. You'll need a domain with https.

I'm sorry if that doesn't make much sense.

Like I say... It gets a little advanced, but I'm willing to help if you really want the AI service in your home :)

Once we're that far, I'll show you the code for the emby plugin which we'll use to piggy back the resources on.

• Like 1

Sammy

I'm pretty sure I can do the first two but I don't have a domain and certainly not an https domain. I merely use the Asus Router asuscomm.com dns service on my router to not have to worry about ip address changes from Charter Spectrum.

chef

What I do is use Caddy server. Check it out.

It will automatically create a free https connection.

If you buy a cheap domain from someone like godaddy.com then you can redirect the domain to your caddy server. All free! Except the cost of what ever you want your site to be called. Lol!

You can even proxy your emby server to the domain name. Awesome right!

Did I mention it's free lol!

Let me know if you would like to proceed.

• 1 month later...
PrincessClevage

What I do is use Caddy server. Check it out.

It will automatically create a free https connection.

If you buy a cheap domain from someone like godaddy.com then you can redirect the domain to your caddy server. All free! Except the cost of what ever you want your site to be called. Lol!

You can even proxy your emby server to the domain name. Awesome right!

Did I mention it's free lol!

Let me know if you would like to proceed.

Hi Chef,

Will you also be making this security plugin available in the .net core version of emby server, would hate to loose these great apps!

• 3 weeks later...
AgileHumor

I setup my IP cameras in Emby by:

1. Creating an text STRM file with each cameras stream url (test url with VLC first)

2. Add STRM files to a folder, one for each camera

3. Create a new library with the folder that holds your STRM files. I called my library IP Cameras

4. You can then add screenshots and images via Emby Metadata editor after a library scan.

Edited by AgileHumor

Yes that will work. No plugin needed. @@chef I would consider retiring this plugin because the IPTV plugin and the strm method will both work already.

PrincessClevage

Yes that will work. No plugin needed. @@chef I would consider retiring this plugin because the IPTV plugin and the strm method will both work already.

Would there be a walkthrough for adding camera feeds using this method ?

Okay :)