BlurN — Blu-Ray Release Notifications

mutu310

Spaceboy

Depends on your configuration and the last time you reset the database. New movies will come out on the 24th of January.

yeah i changed some settings and compared to the blu-ray.com line in CP and it seems to match. thanks!

Dunno if this is crossing a line but it would be great if the movie page in emby exposed enough data to allow the CP chrome extension to work. you can just use the imdb link and use the CP extension there but it'd be nice to do it without leaving emby

• Like 1

mutu310

yeah i changed some settings and compared to the blu-ray.com line in CP and it seems to match. thanks!

Dunno if this is crossing a line but it would be great if the movie page in emby exposed enough data to allow the CP chrome extension to work. you can just use the imdb link and use the CP extension there but it'd be nice to do it without leaving emby

I don't think this is possible at all. What might be possible instead, would be for BlurN to send commands to CouchPotato (took me a while to figure out what CP stood for) through their API. However having failed in my previous attempts to get CouchPotato working on my Synology NAS I may have to install it on my dev laptop instead.

Yes, I'm afraid that would cross a line that would force us to remove the plug-in from the catalog.  Sorry.

mutu310

Yes, I'm afraid that would cross a line that would force us to remove the plug-in from the catalog.  Sorry.

I understand.

Edited by mutu310

mutu310

New version out (1.1.1.1)

Movies played by logged in user will now be hidden from channel.

mutu310

Depending on your settings, you have probably received new items in your BlurN channel (if not you can either wait or refresh the new releases scheduled task manually) since new movies were released since just over 3 hours ago.

shorty1483

@@mutu310

Just recognized that the movies from your channel are shown in latest items on Homescreen in Ember for Emby. Not a big deal for me and I really don't know if it's desired behaviour but just wanted to mention it.

mutu310

@@mutu310

Just recognized that the movies from your channel are shown in latest items on Homescreen in Ember for Emby. Not a big deal for me and I really don't know if it's desired behaviour but just wanted to mention it.

I think this issue needs to be addressed by the Ember for Emby developers. Basically they should only be getting data from the library, but they're getting channel data as well. I don't have Ember for Emby so I can't replicate but it's not something I can address from my end.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
DarWun

I installed this plug-in earlier this week, and it is working great.  One thing is confusing me though.  I have the option to enable notifications on new matching releases unticked.  But when new releases are detected, they are still showing up in the Emby notifications list.  Am I missing what this option is supposed to be doing?

• Like 1

mutu310

I installed this plug-in earlier this week, and it is working great.  One thing is confusing me though.  I have the option to enable notifications on new matching releases unticked.  But when new releases are detected, they are still showing up in the Emby notifications list.  Am I missing what this option is supposed to be doing?

Thanks for reporting this, it was a bug. I've released a new version that fixes this.

Version 1.1.1.2: Fixed a bug with notifications always showing even if option is disabled.

DarWun

Thanks for reporting this, it was a bug. I've released a new version that fixes this.

Version 1.1.1.2: Fixed a bug with notifications always showing even if option is disabled.

Thanks for the quick update!

mediacowboy

Would it be possible to make BlurN be able to create it's own notifications that I could then setup to get sent to me through pushover or other notification options?

• Like 3

Happy2Play

Would it be possible to make BlurN be able to create it's own notifications that I could then setup to get sent to me through pushover or other notification options?

@@Luke

Wouldn't that have to be added server side?

mutu310

he can look at the other notification plugins in our plugins repo.

Any specific one please?

mutu310

@@Luke, I tried to look at this. Only way I found was to add this to my NotificationRequest():

, NotificationType = NotificationType.NewLibraryContent.ToString()

However, ideally there would be a means for me to add a notificationtype of my own ?

Sorry, i gave the opposite advice. You just have to add a class in your plugin that implements INotificationTypeFactory

• Like 1

mutu310

Sorry, i gave the opposite advice. You just have to add a class in your plugin that implements INotificationTypeFactory

Done. Released as version 1.1.1.3.

Changelog:

Added new notification type. To configure go to Manage Server > Notifications.

Edited by mutu310
  • Like 4

mutu310

New version 1.1.1.4 released.

Moved reset database functionality to the settings screen and added more debug logging.

mutu310

OMDb API, on which BlurN heavily relies, is under a DoS attack and is currently slow and/or giving errors. There is a possibility that BlurN might miss some movies. Nothing much I can do at this point, because the way the code is written (for now) is that if there is a miss with OMDb it won't store them somewhere and retry later.

• Like 1

mediacowboy

Done. Released as version 1.1.1.3.

Changelog:

Added new notification type. To configure go to Manage Server > Notifications.

Just wanted to say thank you for this. It is awesome knowing what new stuff is coming out now without having to go to the store and look.
  • Like 1

mutu310

Just wanted to say thank you for this. It is awesome knowing what new stuff is coming out now without having to go to the store and look.

Thanks for the encouraging words!

PenkethBoy

Hi

Just installed the plugin and when i refresh under scheduled tasks it completes in zero seconds - can i assume this is the DOS going on at OMDb and not something wrong with what i have set?

Thanks