Hi, long time user - first time poster... With the recent update I found myself enjoying the "Chocolate" gui for the first time. Overall I really like it, and I want to say great job to everyone behind its development (and thanks!)
Just a little background on how I use MBC. I have an HTPC in the living room as a settop box replacement (as well as a couple Xbox360's as extenders throughout the house). Although I have a mouse/keyboard available at the main HTPC, I don't like to have to use them if I can use the remote instead (WAF is an issue). Now a couple questions.
- In the new Chocolate gui, is there any way to "click" on a Director and/or Genre (as you're able to with Cast - and how you are able to in the Classic theme) to show all titles in the entire library with those tags?
- *I know you can sort by Director/Genre by indexing a folder that way - however, this only searches the folder/section you're in, and not the entire library. And further, I find it quite a bit more combersome to change the index of an entire folder when all I want to do is quickly see other films by a certain director (this is also true with the genre sort, to a lesser extent). I do like the feature, and the idea, that you can index an entire library by these different criteria; however I would still really like the option of the "Classic" way where you could just click the Director or Genre links from within the description page of a title. In practice, I find it far more quick and useful to be able to just scroll down to a movie with the director/genre I want - IE LOTR, and click "Peter Jackson" and/or "Fantasy" (for genre) - and with one click on the director have it show me all of the PJ films I have - or all of the media titles with "Fantasy" as a genre. Any chance I'm just overlooking this functionality in Chocolate? If not, any chance it will be making a comeback? If these "clickable" links can't be added to the description area any more, any chance of adding extra pages/sections to the "Cast" item for other sortable tags like: Director/Producer/Studio/Genre/etc?
- I see the x/5 Star rankings in the upper left of the description page. Is there any way to make this a numerical TMDB, IMDB, and/or Rotten Tomatoes score instead?
- In the Classic theme there used to be media detail information - ie, video and audio bitrates, containers, formats, etc. Any option somewhere to re-enable this? I know some of it was redundent, but I enjoyed having it - it was sometimes useful in deciding whether or not to play a title on an extender, plus just fun to see.
- If using vertical scroll, it's difficult to get to the "control panel" in the upper right. Is there any hotkey and/or WMC remote button that will take you to the control panel?
Besides these couple of questions I think the new Chocolate interface is fantastic. Keep up the good work.