Emby Theater for Linux

xnappo

denz

It is in playback handler file top part of the file it is alpha I think default is 90 but I had to change it to 255 then you have no osd but not a huge deal

• 3 weeks later...
marcelhehle

I'm still struggling to get it running on Fedora.

With the latest version of emby-theater-electron and electron 1.4.16 I get a working GUI and when I start a movie I get sound ... I just don't get the movie screen. :lol:

The funny thing is: I can watch trailers. Just playing the movie won't work.

Edited by marcelhehle
  • Like 1

Any chance of a LiveTV "Guide" option? Is that in the works?

What do you mean? the app already has the guide.

ebike

What do you mean? the app already has the guide.

When I try it on an x86 linux box, i See the following headers after clicking LiveTV:

Programmes, Channels, Recordings,  Schedule, Series  .. in that order. I don't see the "Guide" option as I do on AndroidTV ..

Cheers

Ok for now it's in it's own separate section, although it will eventually be merged in there.

Go into your home screen settings in the web app and make sure the on now/live tv section is configured to be displayed.

ebike

Ok for now it's in it's own separate section, although it will eventually be merged in there.

Go into your home screen settings in the web app and make sure the on now/live tv section is configured to be displayed.

Ok, but now confused. How does the web app home settings affect ET?

LiveTV is enabled in home page settings the web app client, and LiveTV is displayed there, but I am talking about ET of course ;)

Where is this "separate section"?

The home screen settings are applied to all apps, they are not just yet exposed in Emby Theater for configuration.

So check your home screen settings and make sure that one of the enabled sections is the Live TV section. Then scroll down to that section and there will be a guide button.

• 2 weeks later...
rottonpeech

looking great... i thought i had an issue, and perhaps i do, but its not the app i dont think.

thanks though

Edited by rottonpeech

• 1 month later...
daldana
Hi all, I was using the pi version of ET but I decided to try this linux version since it seems to be way of the future. I started with a RPI 3B and a clean install of raspbian, followed haraldov's guide (as well as some of the other tweaks) and finally got it running. I did have to downgrade to mpv0.26 since the new versions didn't seem to work for some reason and I did use electron 1.4.16.

I use OTA stations here in So. Calif. and am able to watch Live TV and my ripped DVDs (both vob and mkv files), I don't have any music on the server so I can't comment on playing those. Using ir-keytable, I was able to configure an old WMC remote (RC 6 protocol) that came with a Hauppauge tuner I used to have. It works for basic navigation (up, down, left, right), Play, Pause, Skip back, Skip ahead, and ESC. Volume controls work in this version too, even muting.

I have the same problems others do with the OSD and video player in separate windows and not being able to toggle fullscreen, so I start ET in fullscreen. But when doing that, the OSD is not visible. I've also noticed that when using bluetooth, there is no audio from ET, but bluetooth audio works in other applications. Now I just need to figure out how to put an icon on the desktop to start ET instead of through terminal.

All in all, I do like this version on my pi better than the pi version. It does start Live TV faster and being able to control the volume with a remote is a big plus! Thank you all who have developed this version and evolved it!

• 2 weeks later...
ellnic

So are Pi's < v2 a lost cause? I thought I'd blow the dust off an old 1b but I am experiencing the same problem as @@n00b42... the electron command returns nothing.

This is an apples to oranges comparison, but this 1b used to work well with RasPlex before I moved to Emby. It would be great if it could be useful again.

We're going to have something new soon for pi, so please try again with that. Thanks !

• Like 1

ellnic

That’s great, Luke :-) that comment wreaks of a prebuilt image or installer package. [emoji869]

Million dollar question... how soon is soon? :-P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ellnic

By the way, I can thoroughly recommend i3 as the WM to keep resource usage low on the Pi.

Even though I couldn't get ET running, the resource use [or lack of] was impressive.  It's not my choice of WM, but it was perfect for this and gave me memory usage of about 54MB, freeing up almost 450MB for ET and GPU depending on settings.

Starting from a Raspbian Lite install to avoid as much bundled junk as possible, you want to install: xorg i3 libgconf-2-4 libgtk2.0-0 libnss3

Then whatever else is needed as per the ET instructions.

You can easily set systemd to autologin and then edit .bashrc to autostart x then configure i3 to launch ET.

Should make for a very light install. Give it a go :)

Edited by ellnic

ngc1975

For the record, great work on this app and keep up the good work!

I'm on LinuxMint 19 (cinnamon) with lightdm as display manager, the Linux desktop panel would always be on top when the app is running. So, after setting fullscreen to on and allowing resizable, electron would really go fullscreen.

~/emby-theater-electron $ git diff main.js
diff --git a/main.js b/main.js
index d91c7ed..ace79e4 100644
--- a/main.js
+++ b/main.js
@@ -864,7 +864,8 @@
         var windowOptions = {
             transparent: false, //supportsTransparency,
             frame: false,
-            resizable: false,
+            //resizable: false,
+            fullscreen: true,
             title: 'Emby Theater',
             minWidth: 720,
             minHeight: 480,
@@ -967,4 +968,4 @@
             initPlaybackHandler(commandLineOptions.mpvPath);
         });
     });
-})();
\ No newline at end of file
+})();

I don't have windows or mac to test this on. I hope this gets checked in to the code if it doesn't break anything else.

vae7yooR

I am on Archlinux 4.17.6-1-ARCH with open source Amdgpu driver.

My mpv version is v0.28.0-633-g351c083487, npm v6.2.0, node v10.7.0

First problem i have is a common problem of not being able to see any video.

I tried running Emby Theater with both electron 1.4.16 and 1.7.10. Movie starts playing, i can hear the sound and I can see emby osd that allows me to scroll and stuff. Unfortunately instead of the video there is only background image from the emby client.

I have also tried with electron version that is not horribly outdated (v2.0.3): i can also hear the sound and i can scroll with emby osd but instead of the video there is only black screen this time.

Is there a clear solution for this yet?

Second issue i encountered was when instead of trying to play with node-mpv i configured mpv as my external player.

I have set '/usr/bin/mpv' as the player path and only '{path}' in command line arguments.

When trying to watch a movie, mpv window pops up as expected and starts playing properly for a while, but after couple seconds it crashes with an error:

Process closed with error: Error: stderr maxBuffer exceeded

How should i configure external player to avoid exceeding maxBuffer parameter? Or perhaps how can i increase maxBuffer instead?