Server frequently crashes on Raspberry Pi 2

tallguy.hackett
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

tallguy.hackett

I am running Emby on a Raspberry Pi 2 by following the instructions here and it had been working well until a couple months ago.  For the last couple months when I go into the Roku Emby app and select an episode of a TV show to watch and after I select "Play" the loading screen appears and then the Roku Emby app would quit and take me to my Roku home screen.  Further attempts to open the Roku Emby App didn't connect to my Emby Server.  I used PuTTY to ssh onto my raspberry pi and ran the top command to see if the emby server process was still running.  It had stopped running and I then restarted the service with sudo service emby-server start this would start the service and I was able to get the Roku Emby app to open and connect to my server again.  Going to the same TV episode and selecting play would either play the episode or give the same behavior where Roku goes to the Roku home screen and the server crashes.  It has happened with almost every episode of all the TV series I have tried watching in the last couple months and various movies.  Bottom line is I can get a movie or TV episode to play if I go through the restart process enough times.  It is very annoying though having to boot up my laptop every time I want to watch a show so that I can restart the server until it works.  I have received the same behavior inside Firefox with the only message being "An error occurred" displayed before the server crashes.

Also sometimes the server has just crashed during the middle of the night not while any media is being played.  I just try to access Emby either through the Roku or Firefox and the server is not up and running.  I SSH into the server run top and sure enough the server process is not running.  I'm able to start the server again without incident but then I'll still run into the issue described above.  Log files attached for the most recent occurrence.

ffmpeg-sub-extract-81c3aa92-fa21-48fc-8903-a5df2d9ec365.txt

server-63611126557.txt

unhandled_4a24fc76-7e73-4145-b6f4-ded92629b557.txt

tallguy.hackett

Thanks, I've updated my Mono to 4.4.2.11 and I've tried starting a few TV episodes and movies.  I haven't had any issues yet but I'm going to play the long game for a day or two just to be sure I don't see any other issues.