Request new player in android/amazon app

wolfgang

Yes, I saw this as well and was what I meant when I said it wasn't totally reliable.  I haven't completely related it to the resume feature but I never had MX crash before we were passing that info.

I think what may be going on is that MX cannot seek certain types of streams and, if we request a resume point in an unseekable stream (to it) then it crashes.

I don't think it has anything to do with the resume feature. MXplayer does not seem to like MPEG video unless HW+ is switched on. Of course if you set HW+ on them all other material is going to use it which means stereo output for everything. Archos does not have this problem. I wonder if there are any other codecs that need to be installed (other than the Dolby ones) to get this to work properly otherwise MXplayer is not really usable.

What are the differences between H/W and H/W+

H/W decoder plays video(s) using stock media framework whereas H/W+ decoder plays video using MX Player's own media framework. In general, H/W+ decoder can play more videos than H/W decoder. However, some devices may not support H/W+ yet and some videos may not be played properly.

Why some videos cannot be played using H/W decoder even though these videos can be played on other devices having same hardware spec.?To decode a video using H/W decoder, following conditions should be matched:

1. Video decoding chipset (H/W) should support requested codec and profile.
  2. Video decoding middleware should be able to handle requested codec. This middleware is a system software typically provided by device manufacturers, ROM builders, or Google Android team.
  3. Demuxer (file extractor) should be able to read and parse requested video file (mkv, avi, flv, etc.)Therefore, supported video formats may differ even with the same H/W or firmware(s) specification(s).

Source: http://mxplayer.net/faq.html

Edited by Heuer

I have external player enabled for video and Live TV: So screen by screen:

Emby_20160824_171902.jpg

Scroll down to recent recordings:

Emby_20160824_172055.jpg

Click on selected recording:

Emby_20160824_172110.jpg

Click play and I have the internal player rather than MXplayer:

Emby_20160824_172119.jpg

If I go directly to the Recorded TV libray (previously mapped in the server) I get this:

Emby_20160824_172406.jpg

Emby_20160824_172424.jpg

Emby_20160824_172442.jpg

Emby_20160824_172459.jpg

Now plays with MXplayer:

MX%20Player_20160824_175855.jpg

Let me know if you need more info.

If you are still having this problem, I need you to reproduce it and send a log.  My suspicion is that recordings coming from external services have some other type than ours do.

Logs sent. However I now have a problem in my mapped 'recordings' library. I can play a recording using external player provided it is not part of a series. So a single recording plays well but if I have to go into a folder and select a recording Emby crashes. Log for this also sent. It happens regardless of whether it is using internal or external player.

• Like 1

Logs sent. However I now have a problem in my mapped 'recordings' library. I can play a recording using external player provided it is not part of a series. So a single recording plays well but if I have to go into a folder and select a recording Emby crashes. Log for this also sent. It happens regardless of whether it is using internal or external player.

Can you give me a little help finding it please?  Exactly when did you send the log and what Emby user was logged in?  Thanks.

Logged in as David, logs sent between 8:30 and 9:00 pm UK time.

Edited by Heuer

Thanks.  Your crash is caused by the codec on one of your items being null and I wasn't expecting that to be possible.  Its corrected now but you can keep it from happening to you until the update goes out by turning off the debug options in settings.

Thanks. Your crash is caused by the codec on one of your items being null and I wasn't expecting that to be possible.

Just curious, was it the audiostream codec missing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just curious, was it the audiostream codec missing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

No way to tell.  Possibly.

heuer test your recordings with external player with beta .42 when you get it.  I was correct, they are a different type when coming from the external service.  Thx.

• Like 1

arrbee99

Was asking about getting iPlayer files to work in the Emby FireTV app in this http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/37000-firetv-no-video/page-2 thread/

Am wondering if its not possible would anyone know if they play fine using an external player and also would an external player play DVD rips OK without the black bars all around them, as in, I think, this http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/38253-black-bars-left-and-right-whilst-watching-content/ thread?

If it works would anybody please be able to explain or point to a post on how to use an external player from within the Emby FireTV app - I guess I sideload something from somewhere and enable in the FireTV app. Will it be able to access media OK ?

Also, how seamless is it ?

Hi ebr

All working with latest beta and external player is always used from either Live TV/Recordings or direct access to the recordings library. Many thanks - superb response and work! 

Having tested the various players I have settled for Archos because it plays some material MXplayer will not without invoking s/w decoding. And when it does you have to use the controller touch volume rather than the AV volume control. I also like the clean interface and the back/forward seek is excellent - just keep your finger on the button until you quickly reach the point you are looking for. The Archos Free adverts are a distraction in the free version so I stumped up and bought the pro version. Well worth the $5.

Edited by Heuer
  • Like 1

MSattler

Hi ebr

All working with latest beta and external player is always used from either Live TV/Recordings or direct access to the recordings library. Many thanks - superb response and work! 

Having tested the various players I have settled for Archos because it plays some material MXplayer will not without invoking s/w decoding. And when it does you have to use the controller touch volume rather than the AV volume control. I also like the clean interface and the back/forward seek is excellent - just keep your finger on the button until you quickly reach the point you are looking for. The Archos Free adverts are a distraction in the free version so I stumped up and bought the pro version. Well worth the $5.

@@Heuer

How does Archos handle TrueHD/DTS-HD and 4k?

Thanks!

Don't know as I don't have a 4k TV and not yet tested TrueHD/DTS-HD material. Download and try it - ad supported version is free and has full functionality.

Edited by Heuer

Update: Just tried playing Deadpool with DTS-HD MA and Archos passes it through to the AV receiver without problem.

• Like 3

MSattler

Update: Just tried playing Deadpool with DTS-HD MA and Archos passes it through to the AV receiver without problem.

That is pretty bad ass.  Will check it out tonight.

• Like 1

CBers

That is pretty bad ass. Will check it out tonight.

The Archos Media Player app has a nice UI and you can get it to access your files directly, without the need for Emby ;)

• Like 2

MSattler

The Archos Media Player app has a nice UI and you can get it to access your files directly, without the need for Emby ;)

That will be good for 4k movies for now until they play through Emby without issues.  My hope is that resume/status can be pulled into Emby, so that we can use the external player with zero issues.

That will be good for 4k movies for now until they play through Emby without issues.  

What issues are you having with 4k now?

Spaceboy

@@ebr, recorded tv from external services still launches via the internal player no matter what settings are used. using the external player for live tv works perfectly and solves all my problems. i want to use the internal player and vlc for videos but external player for live and recorded tv through external services.

thanks

Works for me using NextPVR recordings and it launches (in my case) Archos without problem. It was fixed in .42 and still works in .43.

• Like 1

@@ebr, recorded tv from external services still launches via the internal player no matter what settings are used. using the external player for live tv works perfectly and solves all my problems. i want to use the internal player and vlc for videos but external player for live and recorded tv through external services.

thanks

Recorded TV is just a video not live TV so it obeys the setting for videos.

Spaceboy

Works for me using NextPVR recordings and it launches (in my case) Archos without problem. It was fixed in .42 and still works in .43.

indeed it does with the latest update.

MSattler

What issues are you having with 4k now?

Just playback has been off, and it works better playing it with the native player on the Shield, with the 4k movie share mounted to the Shield.  It gives me True-HD too.

Although I gotta say Archos is friggin slick.  Using it as an external player with Emby.  I have DTS-HD, True-HD, and a pretty decent interface.  It works with 4k and with 1080p content.  If we can make resume work, and playback status, then this is going to be a winning solution.

Shit.... I'd be willing to pay extra for Emby, if you got Archos to agree to let you license their player for Emby.

• Like 1