Request new player in android/amazon app

wolfgang

Spaceboy

Well, then I suppose I will just start looking at using Archos and Trakt. I'm simply not going to use an app that cannot take advantage of TrueHD and DTS-HD. Your app needs a player that can play these, and a player that can play from a network share <Yes it matters to me, because there is no reason to drive all that network traffic through the Emby server when the player can go directly to the network share. So it's either Archos for all media playback, or going back to Kodi with the plugin.

I get that you wanna use standard Android mechanisms, but the reality is Emby needs it's own player. The user base cannot depend on the stock player because it doesn't work to it's full capability.

Perhaps some of the money Emby is earning needs to go towards a developer who can develop a player... in the same manner as what Kodi has done.

Came round to this point of view a short while ago. Emby has attempted to build a server that analyses every bit of media with the aim of playing it most efficiently, kodi have built a player that will direct play anything that you throw at it. The emby approach may be successful but it's not robust enough yet.

• Like 1

MSattler

When has kodi ever paid a developer?

Kodi is a different beast as they have much more development support.  It's actually easier for Kodi since when there is no profit, there is no infighting between paid developers and non-paid developers.   The minute software becomes paid for, issues will arise among developers.

• 2 months later...

The latest beta version of the Emby app offers improved playback, refresh rate switching, and all the HD Audio pass-through you need. Check out the beta thread for more details:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42239-android-tv-beta-13x/

We think you'll enjoy the next update to the stable channel. Thanks !