Majority of TV Shows not showing seasons or episodes

bozrdnag

omnilogix

Media Browser and Theater via XBox one are working ok.

Chrome on local lan is taking 50-75 seconds to refresh seasons, but they eventually show up

IOS- still not working

attached new log for these additional client searches

Log.txt

Edited by omnilogix

Ok so this is strictly performance related. In the next beta build, if you leave the settings to display missing and unaired episodes unchecked, then you'll find the issue is resolved for a portion of your series, but not all of them. Basically if the series has a large number of episodes and you own nearly all of them, it will not be resolved for those series just yet. I am actively working on that, but in the meantime you can improve the situation for other series by leaving those settings off (they are off by default).

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Huge improvement in displaying my Looney Tunes 3 seconds vs 12 seconds.

2016-08-17 23:27:49.4913 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.151.7. Time: 3806ms (slow).

2016-08-12 18:18:54.2188 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.151.7. Time: 12355ms (slow).

Version 3.1.111.0

Version 3.1.110

2016-08-18 08:26:12.3877 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 51.36.253.11. Time: 535640ms  ---> just to show the poster of the season 1 (this if I go to the season link of the detail screen of a next up episode)

and slow more 4 mins to list the eps.

total 13 mins ... yes it is better than before (20 min)

-----------

I'll test Version 3.1.111 now

but note that my Show has 740 eps (18 seasons)

Thanks

Edited by iBoss

Version 3.1.111

My TV Shows (One Piece): 740 episodes (18 seasons)

• Season link of the detail screen of a next up episode: list the episodes of the season after 11 minutes
  • Details page of the show: It will list all seasons after 2 hours

server-63607107421.txt

Edited by iBoss

Fieperskaivu

Just a +1 to this issue, on Version 3.0.6060.0 on a QNAP NAS as a server. Client has issue loading seasons for long term shows (more than 100 or so episodes). It loads eventually in the web client, but on xbox one, android and LG TV DLNA it never loads them.

Let me know if you need additional logs, looks like other users have provided many.

Happy2Play

Just a +1 to this issue, on Version 3.0.6060.0 on a QNAP NAS as a server. Client has issue loading seasons for long term shows (more than 100 or so episodes). It loads eventually in the web client, but on xbox one, android and LG TV DLNA it never loads them.

Let me know if you need additional logs, looks like other users have provided many.

Do you have a flat Series structure (no season folder) or regular series\season structure?

I have a series library with roughly 7000 espidodes.  I have several shows that have a large number of seasons.  (Star Trek Next Generation, Looney Tunes, Popeye, etc.)

When there is only one season, the season list (under 'Season') shows up almost instantly.  As more seasons are added, the time for this list to appear increases rapidly.  By the time there are 4 seasons, it takes 30 seconds to display.  At 27 seasons it takes about an hour for the episodes to appear.

I don't believe the process is failing, but rather that it takes so long for the information to be retrieved that it appears that everything has stopped working.

Removing episodes from the folder so that there are only a few seasons causes everything to go faster (after Emby updates internally.)

I have tried deleting the database.db file and rebuilding the entire database.  The database file is on a SSD.

Edited by cwm9

Happy2Play

There are a couple topics on this but are you episodes in season folders or all just in the series folder?  Also there have been a lot of improvements since 3.1.92, try updating to the latest beta 3.1.112.0.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36966-majority-of-tv-shows-not-showing-seasons-or-episodes/

Edited by Happy2Play

MovieBuff

I had been experiencing the same problem with some large seasons not showing up, so I changed my structure from flat (no season folder) to regular series\season. I copied the appropriate files to the season folders, and (poof!) no more problem. All of the episodes show up now. I think that the problem is related to performance, taking too long to read info from a large folder. I use Emby server on a dedicated older computer. Happy camper again.

Edited by MovieBuff

Hi, thanks for confirming, although for everyone else reading we are going to resolve the issue so we're certainly not asking anyone to change their folder structures.

All of the episodes are in a single folder  Should they be in season folders?  I upgraded to the latest beta, it didn't help any.

Happy2Play

As stated in the linked topic the issues is being looked into for flat series structure.  Overall the server is able to process seasons better in seasons folders but as Luke comment no one is saying you have to change your structure it will get resolve eventually.

Hi.  Another +1.  I've been having this problem for a long time and am just now finding this thread.  I, too, have a flat file structure with many complete shows with many seasons.  I experimented with going to a non-flat structure, and the speed change was immediate and massive.  For instance, a show with 26 seasons took 1 hour to display seasons when structured as a flat directory, but a mere two seconds with the hierarchical structure.

Looking forward to a fix!

Edited by cwm9

Version 3.1.113

• Season link of the detail screen of a next up episode: list the episodes of the season after 10 minutes
  • Details page of the show: It will list all seasons after 1 hour and 55 minutes

Thanks

server-63607204504.txt

Fieperskaivu

Do you have a flat Series structure (no season folder) or regular series\season structure?

Hi, thanks for responding. I have regular series/season folder structure on all my shows and movies.

EDIT: Also this is a new issue, I've been using Emby for a few years now with the same file structure and haven't had this issue before.

Edited by Fieperskaivu

Hello,

I've got a log here on v3.1.114.0, of:

- loading a (176 eps) show's detail page and waiting for seasons to display

- loading a (26 eps) season overview and waiting for the episodes to show up

There's also a flat file structure in use here.

Installation was done via docker.

Furthermore I've noticed that the mouseover overlays can no longer be

clicked to go to series/season/episode detail pages and the dot.dot.dot menu

on the overlay no longer contains an "open" option. The image itself is clickable

before the overlay covers it up and all other buttons on the overlay work as

expected. I first noticed this bahaviour after an update on the same day

this thread started. Could those issues possibly be related?

Thanks Luke (and team?), for all your work on this!

greetings

emby.log

Edited by moddie

acura4ever

Hi Luke, can you at least post that we currently have a problem concerning flat directory structure with emby?

Do you have a time frame? I experienced the same problem as other.

Do you need debug log ? I can send now everything you need.

Not to be hash, but the tv library isn't quite stable compare to my other setup that I had (Mysql+ Kodi). I'm would like more input from you on the issue. Many posts deal with many problem that need refreshing the series and right now, I can say that I'm a bit frstratred to always doing something to fix the tv series that broke down eventually after an update.

But, I'm open to send you everything that you need to fix it.

Thanks.

BinaryShrub

Can someone point me to a wiki/post on how to build an ubuntu 16.0.4 deb file from the GitHub src? I want to roll back to a version where this wasn't an issue.

I found https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/blob/master/Tools/Linux_Build_Scripts/ but the mkbundle script isnt finding the file even though it exists -- I also dont even know if this will result in a .deb file.

Edited by BinaryShrub

BinaryShrub

The beta with the change is now available for testing.

Nice! I'll check it out. If I use the beta release channel for ubuntu will it just replace my current release files? Or do I have to do a completely separate installation?

Hi,

a log navigating to and waiting for the season overview to load

on a series with just under 500 episodes + many missing is attached.

Display missing is enabled. Flat structure.

I believe it used to be faster, but ~ 17 seconds is still ok...

Any other series, with a non crazy number of seasons, works pretty quick now.

Docker container wasn't avalable yet, so:

docker exec <container> update

About the non working Overlays:

Just tested with Firefox and there everything works as normal,

still no open option in the dot.dot.dot menu though. Was that removed?

Can anyone else confirm the behaviour in chrome?

Tested Chrome again after, ctl-shift-R (ignore-cache reload).

Now the link works again.

greetings

emby1.log

Edited by moddie

Hi,

a log navigating to and waiting for the season overview to load

on a series with just under 500 episodes + many missing is attached.

Display missing is enabled. Flat structure.

I believe it used to be faster, but ~ 17 seconds is still ok...

Any other series, with a non crazy number of seasons, works pretty quick now.

Docker container was't avalable yet, so:

docker exec <container> update

About the non working Overlays:

Just tested with Firefox and there everything works as normal,

still no open option in the dot.dot.dot menu though.

Can anyone else confirm the behaviour in chrome?

greetings

Try disabling show missing, it should be much faster. There have been a lot of internal database changes, when all is said and done it will be faster than ever before but right now we're just in a transition period where it hasn't been perfected just yet.

The Open option has been removed. You can just click on the poster.