Majority of TV Shows not showing seasons or episodes

bozrdnag

bozrdnag

I will try that when I get home later but I can say that the more recently added series work just fine on both my installs.  I added three new series over the weekend and they show seasons and episodes just fine.

On another note, I have also noted that while seasons (and therefore episodes) don't show on many Shows, I am able to press the green play button and both play and shuffle work.  So I am assuming the library sees all the episodes and that it's just a season problem.

bozrdnag

I just added two episodes of a new show (video files only) and Emby picked it up and it shows season 1 with two episodes just fine.  The more I go through my library the ones that seem to work fine seems to have 4 seasons or less and it doesn't seem to matter if it's a show I recently acquired or one I've had for many years.  I can;t seem to find any shows with more than 4 season that works right.

I did notice that one time I entered a show with no seasons showing and left the computer like that and I returned an hour later and they were then showing.  I browsed around Emby and then cam back to the show and they were not showing again.  Not sure if that helps at all but this gets weirder the more I play with it.

Edited by bozrdnag

Happy2Play

I did notice that one time I entered a show with no seasons showing and left the computer like that and I returned an hour later and they were then showing.  I browsed around Emby and then cam back to the show and they were not showing again.  Not sure if that helps at all but this gets weirder the more I play with it.

You would need to post a log of this.

Since you appear to be having issues with existing series, have you tried removing the series that are having issues, performing a Clean database, then Library Scan,  add the series back, then another library scan?  Last resort delete your library.db and let it rebuild.

Added Doctor Who (2005) with random episodes from 9 season and everything appears.

bozrdnag

Remember, I created an entirely fresh install of Emby and scanned the library from scratch. Wouldn't that be the equivalent or even better than what you're saying to do?

Happy2Play

Yes, that would be the same as a new install.  This has to be something to do with Non-Windows builds since you are not the only one having this issue on Non-Windows server.

Happy2Play

But is also sound like the same issue here, if they do eventually appear.

Happy2Play

Do all the season show up in Metadata Manager?

bozrdnag

No. The problem shows just show loading. Again, if you leave it sit some will eventually show seasons.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bozrdnag

Is there I version thats known to work then? This a bit of a serious issue since it renders most of my shows unwatchable.

Happy2Play

The only person that can answer that is you since Stable, Beta, and Dev are known to work for me. Best guess previous stable 3.0.5972.0.

If it works for you with the same directory structure then maybe he could try zipping up his nfo files and you could replace yours with his as a test?

Happy2Play

Either way I can zip and post or he can. :)

llygoden

I seem to be having the same issue.

I use the FreeNAS plugin so the server is running on FreeBSD.

The only things I can think that have changed that may have caused this issue are:

- Updating Emby to the latest stable version

- Taking the option to have Sonarr create my NFO files in the Kodi format.

omnilogix

I am having this issue also on a Windows server.  So far, only one series has disappeared (Doctor Who 2005).  It has been missing several days despite database cleanings.  This series has been on my server for several years.  Problem seemed to start after recent server update

Running server Version 3.0.5986.0

5792485929e71_Capture.png

579248d3831cd_Capture2.png

bozrdnag

The only person that can answer that is you since Stable, Beta, and Dev are known to work for me. Best guess previous stable 3.0.5972.0.

Anyone know how to get that version in a Docker container? 

I'll happily send my NFO files if you think that will help.  Which ones do you want? I tried getting rid of all my NFO files for the show Seinfeld (which is a problem show), removing the TV Show share under Library, cleaned db, re-added share and scanned library and it still acts the same.  So even with info files created by Emby and no others, it still doesn't work.

Back to my theory on number of seasons worsening the issue, Seinfeld with 9 season takes ~3 minutes for the seasons to appear.  Law & Order with 18 seasons took 13 minutes for them to appear.

bozrdnag

I am having this issue also on a Windows server.  So far, only one series has disappeared (Doctor Who 2005).  It has been missing several days despite database cleanings.  This series has been on my server for several years.  Problem seemed to start after recent server update

Running server Version 3.0.5986.0

5792485929e71_Capture.png

579248d3831cd_Capture2.png

Can you try leaving it sit at that screen for a while and seeing if the seasons appear after a while.  Mine do.

Edited by bozrdnag

omnilogix

Thanks bozrdnag, I tried leaving on that screen in Chrome and it showed after several minutes, Edge browser took a few more. Never did come up in my iOS app, and freezes trying to get to this screen in the Media Browser edition (xbox 360).   Any thoughts on the getting my non browser displays working again?  I primarily watch using Emby for Media Center (Waiting patiently for Xbox One native app)

Waiting patiently for Xbox One native app

Have you tried Emby Theater on it lately...?

omnilogix

I have, but I much prefer the MB edition.  It feels like I am working too hard to do something simple with Theater on XBONE

bozrdnag

So is there a developer or admin who has been able to duplicate this issue?  There seems to be a lot of us with this issue and I am just wondering if this an acknowledged issue that is actively being worked on or if the poewrs that be aren't seeing the same issue.

omnilogix

Have you tried Emby Theater on it lately...?

ebr,

Had another look at Theater on XBOX ONE.  It is much improved over what I looked at months ago, but still is lacking as a suitable replacement for Media Center Emby for the following reasons

1) Media Center launches auto on my Xbox 360, +1 for wife approval.   Theater needs go to edge->login... etc.  If I have used Edge for other than Theater, nobody else in my household can figure out how to get back to Theater.

2) Media Center is usually responsive, Theater is quite laggy for many activities.  Not sure why.  I have Gigabit wired Lan + fast Wan.  My iPhone app non-wifi usually performs better than Theater

By the way, I have been "with" Emby since early Media Browser.  Love what you guys are doing, and prefer it over the alternatives regardless of feature set.  Kudos...

bozrdnag

This has to be something to do with Non-Windows builds since you are not the only one having this issue on Non-Windows server.

I just tried a Windows install of Emby Server 3.1.77.0 Beta and it is doing the exact same thing.  The same shows initially show no seasons upon opening the series in the Web GUI but they eventually appear after a while.

So, at least for me, this is not relegated to non-Windows installs. 

EDIT:  I've also noticed that the seasons never seems to show up on Emby Theater.  It seems like they are either there or not.  Whereas on the Web GUI they do eventually show up.

Edited by bozrdnag

Happy2Play

Only other thing I can think of is how are your libraries paths setup?  All my data is local - on the same machine.  I tested with a remote Windows share and didn't have any issues either with series with no season folders.

bozrdnag

All my media is stored on an UNRAID server. If you are not familiar with it, it is like a NAS and is Linux based.

So my paths are //Server/TV Show/Seinfeld/Seinfeld - s01e04 - Soup Nazi - DVD Rip.mkv

Edited by bozrdnag