Majority of TV Shows not showing seasons or episodes

bozrdnag

omnilogix

I just tried a Windows install of Emby Server 3.1.77.0 Beta and it is doing the exact same thing.  The same shows initially show no seasons upon opening the series in the Web GUI but they eventually appear after a while.

So, at least for me, this is not relegated to non-Windows installs. 

EDIT:  I've also noticed that the seasons never seems to show up on Emby Theater.  It seems like they are either there or not.  Whereas on the Web GUI they do eventually show up.

I have the same experience, the seasons eventually show up in the Web GUI, but not iOS app, Theater, or Media Center

Happy2Play

All my media is stored on an UNRAID server. If you are not familiar with it, it is like a NAS and is Linux based.

So my paths are //Server/TV Show/Seinfeld/Seinfeld - s01e04 - Soup Nazi - DVD Rip.mkv

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Do you have any Unset/Mixed libraries?  Just curious with the recent report, if you do, can you test by removing those libraries and see if it makes a difference.

llygoden

Looking through the blog post for 3.0.5986 a change was made to handle TV libraries with no Series of Seasons folders:

Support flat tv libraries without series or season folders

Could this change be the cause of our issue. From reviewing the comments it seems to be that the people affected have Series folders but no Season folders.

Happy2Play

Looking through the blog post for 3.0.5986 a change was made to handle TV libraries with no Series of Seasons folders:

Support flat tv libraries without series or season folders

Could this change be the cause of our issue. From reviewing the comments it seems to be that the people affected have Series folders but no Season folders.

Possibly but it doesn't effect everyone and only the ones it affects can reproduce it.  So it is a matter of isolating the specific issue conditions that cause it.  So right now it appears that it is extremely slow to appear on web client for ones with the issue.

Same issue (Windows 10 x64) with Emby Server version 3.0.6000.

Seasons images are not here and appears 30 seconds after. If I leave and I come back, same scenario.

More seasons there, more they put time to appear.

In Emby Theater, for series with many seasons, they don't appear, even if they've finished to appear in web client.

Server and E.T are installed on the same PC. 

Structure: on 3 different HDD:

D:\Series I

F:\Series II

H:\Series III

No subfolder by season, all seasons are in the same show folder. Last year, I separated in subfolder in each season, and then it became catastrophic so I put everything in one folder and I've never had a problem until last update. Don't say me that I have to re-create subfolders...

Important : data are in folder show.

Cache is located on H:\MBS\cache 

log : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gkbppocvs4sm05n/AABsm3ejXwBtQ7p9T8y6fPrTa?dl=0

NB: No problem with films (I, II, III located on same HDD than series) or Music (on D:)

NB2: clean data base, refresh library before and after stop and restart server doesn't solve the issue.

Edited by Davco

Problem solved by creating subfolders seasons...

As a Premium user, I can say that I am not very happy?

When I started to use Emby, I created a subfolder by season for each serie.

One day this method no worked more and I had to delete all sub folders after search on this same forum.

Today, I have to recreate all folders deleted, otherwise some seasons of some series don't appear in Emby Theater (is the case of the series with many seasons > 5-6) and in web client, it take 30 seconds and more (And I don't talk about half of the missing episodes if it has more than 20 per season that never appear).

Why such frequent changes? I love Emby, but this is the kind of thing that tends to really annoy me. I had rebuild all my libraries late April, three months after, I have to start again... Why always modify what works?

Edited by Davco
  • Like 1

optimalt
This bug seems to be on the radar already but for what it's worth I also got problems with "seasons" in series after updating to stable version 3.0.6010.0.

Some season never show no matter how long I wait (for example The Simpsons and Family Guy) the rest takes long to load (maybe between 3-10 seconds).

- Flat structure (no season folders)

- Running "Clean Database", restart Emby and reboot cpu does not help

- The shares are on a network with local IP in the path like this: \\192.168.0.101\d\Serier\

- Logs and screenshot provided when browsing to "The Simpsons" with Chrome

579a06beb65fb_simpsons.png

Hopefully this is can be fixed as soon as possible!

Thank you and best regards

server-63605315266.txt

iBoss

Hi all,

this issue still there even after latest update on both stable and beta server.

I have do some test one emby stable server 3.0.6010.0

as I said before the total of episodes are 739

• now when I go "EPISODES" tab it will show all episodes list incredibly fast but none of them will start play I mean when I press play button it will show an infinite loader indicator (just keep loading) and the CUP process will increase very high (I have attached the process image and screenshot of issue)

• at "SHOWS" tab --> One Piece: as before no season list there.

Ok I remove most of episode and now the total are 80

• at "SHOWS" tab --> One Piece: season will load after 30 sec

• the episode will play after loading 45 sec

FYI: before the few last updates all these issue not there. it was working perfectly.

if you aware about these issues or you need the log file, please tell me? if you need it I will post it as soon as I return to my home.

Many Thanks

post-134723-0-62528700-1469804007_thumb.png

post-134723-0-21806300-1469804192_thumb.png

bozrdnag

FYI problem still exist in stable version 3.0.6020.0.

Yeah I'm kind of surprised that they would release a new "stable" version with a known bug like this that renders huge chunks of the video library missing and therefore unplayable.  I've already had two shows that family members were watching stop showing seasons because I downloaded the 5th season.  The only way they were able to continue watching their shows was when I removed the first season to keep the total count of seasons down.  

The frustrating part is I set the update setting to stay on Stable to avoid problems like this.  Don't get me wrong, I love Emby and totally appreciate that it's free.  But this is a huge bug and when you come to depend on something the way my family depends on Emby it's a little like the feeling you get when the power goes out.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

The problem is it is only affecting a specific setup and hard or impossible to reproduce unless you have that setup.  I can't reproduce on three different servers setting media up locally or remotely.  We know one factor is a flat series format but beyond that is undetermined.

It's not that it doesn't work, it is a matter of why it takes so long to populate.

There appear to be different issues here also of season folders not populating and season folders not populating after a certain number of seasons also.

bozrdnag

I understand that it doesn't happen for everybody, but I would assume it is now considered a known bug after all the reports.  

It's not that it doesn't work, it is a matter of why it takes so long to populate.

That's not accurate.  Sure, after enough time the WebGUI populates, but Emby Theater and Roku never populate in my experience.  As I said earlier, I do not have a Roku to test myself, but multiple family members have reported to me that they can not even enter the problem Shows. One even texted me a screenshot where Emby Roku shows an error window that says "Content Unavailable".  Like I said in my previous post, I had to remove seasons for them to be able to continue watching their shows.

So it is that it doesn't work.

Edited by bozrdnag

bozrdnag

I can't reproduce on three different servers setting media up locally or remotely.  We know one factor is a flat series format but beyond that is undetermined.

I understand you can't reproduce the issue and that is why I asked earlier if anyone on the team has been able to reproduce this.  Nobody directly answered that question but Luke said it is being looked into.  Has anyone on the team reproduced it?  Do they need more info or trials?

optimalt

How do i test that? I dont have an new series with many seasons to add and it only happens with series with many seasons. Like Simpsons or family Guy. The others are "only" really slow to load.

Happy2Play

How do i test that? I dont have an new series with many seasons to add and it only happens with series with many seasons. Like Simpsons or family Guy. The others are "only" really slow to load.

A series you don't have with one episode from each season (dummy file S06E01.disc).  You would just have to ensure that series has the season and episodes you are adding.

optimalt

A series you don't have with one episode from each season (dummy file S06E01.disc). You would just have to ensure that series has the season and episodes you are adding.

Ok. I'll test that and report back.

optimalt

Added one episode per each 23 seasons of Top Gear and there was no problem populating the seasons. Took like 2-3 seconds.

Happy2Play

Without rereading this entire topic has anyone deleted library.db and allowed it to rebuild?  I wonder with all the clean database update if something in the library.db has been corrupted?

jds828

I've got this too.

I did a new build yesterday of both the server and a clean install of Emby (Stable)

No TV shows at all are getting metadata but it still manages to pool the episodes from 2 separate folders on 2 different drives!

All my TV is flat, I've never used folders for seasons. If I do a manual "Identify" on any of them, Emby finds them ok.

bozrdnag

New info: Everything works with emby for kodi.

Same for me as I reported earlier in this thread.

optimalt

Not so new info than.. I was just happy to discover a way to use Emby to watch series again :-)

Edited by optimalt
  • Like 1