Majority of TV Shows not showing seasons or episodes

bozrdnag

Happy2Play

Refreshing the detail from the browser UI resolved the issue in my browser, but Media Center is still a problem: 

Please list server version to see if it assisted others with this issue.

BinaryShrub

any update? I am still having the issue for my series' even after running refresh (Version 3.0.6060.0):

57ad33803e447_ScreenShot20160811at72412P

Edited by BinaryShrub

BinaryShrub

Try refreshing the series from the detail screen, using the dot menu

Yep that is what I did, it has been almost an hour now and nothing has changed:

57ad3ff6a3619_ScreenShot20160811at81736P

the issue still there. refreshing the series from the detail screen does not work.

on both stable and beta server:

Version 3.0.6060.0

Version 3.1.88.0

bozrdnag

Refreshing from the detail screen does not work for me either. Tried on multiple shows.

Luke - did you look at my library?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

as a test, can you guys try adding a new show and seeing if the issue occurs with that? thanks.

bozrdnag

I added the first 6 seasons of Doctor Who and it takes about 15-20 seconds for the seasons to show up, but they do show up.

Happy2Play

I'm seeing a long delay on Looney Tunes with  44 seasons, about 12 seconds.

2016-08-12 18:18:54.2188 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.151.7. Time: 12355ms (slow).

But 15 seasons of CSI take about 1-2 seconds.  beta 3.1.100.0

Edited by Happy2Play

bozrdnag

It's been almost a month since I started this thread and it doesn't seem like there's been any progress on this. Additionally, there's no feedback or anything. I've used Kodi for over 10 years and have seen big bugs like this before but there was always a lot of back and forth between the devs and people posting about the problems. Try this, try that, send us a portion of the file, we're working on it, problem found and fix in next release. This thread just feels like it would die if we quit posting.

I hate to post a complaint like that but this is a huge bug that makes a large portion of my library completely inaccessible. I have family who were in the middle of shows they can't continue to watch. For almost a month.

I have been actively looking at this and asking questions. In addition I have reviewed the database you sent and it looks OK. I think in your case it looks more like a situation of the server taking too long for whatever reason. If you guys can continue to provide server logs with newer versions that will be helpful. thanks.

Tested on beta Version 3.1.103.0

the issue still there

I'm ready to provide any file that help you to find this issue.

Luke, thanks to your hard work

Can you go to server dashboard -> Logs, enable debug logging. Then restart the server and repeat the test? Thanks.

llygoden

It seems for me the issue is the time it takes to display the seasons now. 

I generally watch my TV shows through the Amazon Fire application and due to the increase in time of presenting the number of seasons I get an Android Volley error message and they aren't shown. I imagine this is the same for most people, so it would be worth mentioning the application that you are using to watch your seasons that now no longer works.

I can confirm that the seasons do show on the Web Application but take a now incredibly long time:

2016-08-14 15:22:21.4928 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.1.70. Time: 125248ms. http://192.168.1.133:8096/emby/Shows/0768c4bdec5ed5e10c3cb877b178a3a0/Seasons?userId=c8ab49c71c1a4eeababf0a0eece59921&Fields=ItemCounts,AudioInfo,PrimaryImageAspectRatio,SyncInfo,CanDelete

That is for the show Duck Dynasty, which is in it's 10th Season and has 112 episodes total.

Edited by llygoden

bozrdnag

Agreed. I me to Ed earlier in this thread that my family uses a Roku to access my content and they just get an error when entering a problem series. So the seasons never show up for them.

llygoden

I've never really looked at C# but based on the log file above it seems the problem I have is with the GetSeasons request from MediaBrowser.Api/TvShowsService.cs line 189:

[Route("/Shows/{Id}/Seasons", "GET", Summary = "Gets seasons for a tv series")]
    public class GetSeasons : IReturn<ItemsResult>, IHasItemFields, IHasDtoOptions
    {

Which I'm guessing then uses the code below to return the seasons associated with the show, line 401:

public async Task<object> Get(GetSeasons request)
        {
            var user = _userManager.GetUserById(request.UserId);

var series = _libraryManager.GetItemById(request.Id) as Series;

if (series == null)
            {
                throw new ResourceNotFoundException("No series exists with Id " + request.Id);
            }

var seasons = series.GetSeasons(user);

The code above seems to be calling a function/object/something  "series.GetSeasons" which I'm guessing is where the slow down occurs.

series.GetSeasons I think is found in MediaBrowser.Controller/Entities/TV/Series.cs line 234:

public IEnumerable<Season> GetSeasons(User user, bool includeMissingSeasons, bool includeVirtualUnaired)
        {
            IEnumerable<Season> seasons;

seasons = LibraryManager.GetItemList(new InternalItemsQuery(user)
            {
                AncestorWithPresentationUniqueKey = GetUniqueSeriesKey(this),
                IncludeItemTypes = new[] { typeof(Season).Name },
                SortBy = new[] { ItemSortBy.SortName }

}).Cast<Season>();

if (!includeMissingSeasons)
            {
                seasons = seasons.Where(i => !(i.IsMissingSeason));
            }
            if (!includeVirtualUnaired)
            {
                seasons = seasons.Where(i => !i.IsVirtualUnaired);
            }

return seasons;
        }

It seems to be calling a recursive function to create the list of Seasons from the library manager module MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations/Library/LibraryManager.cs line 1279:

public IEnumerable<BaseItem> GetItemList(InternalItemsQuery query)

But there it loses me. I'm not sure if anything above is helpful, I just followed as far as I could what I think Emby is doing when a client makes a request for the Seasons of a show to be displayed.

Thanks. Can you go to server dashboard -> Logs, enable debug logging. Then restart the server and repeat the test? Thanks.

Version 3.1.105.0

debug logging is enabled

Thanks. I need more activity though that occurred after this. Can you repeat the test, only this time wait a few minutes, then capture the log? thanks.

If you go to the detail screen of a next up episode, then click the season link, are you able to see episodes for that season?

My log from yesterday with the minute wait.

Hi, in your case you're running a little behind. You'll want to update to the latest version of the server.