Linux Setup

Luke

woodsb02

Well done guys, now MB3 server running on freebsd without any problem.

Nice to hear Abobader. Can you help with a bit more testing?

- have you tested running MediaBrowser in a FreeBSD jail? Does this create any further issues?

- have you tested using mediabrowser's DLNA server?

Anyone having trouble with images since a few patches?

Most of them just don't work anymore on my side (Webclient, or Theater).

Here's a log file about the issue :

2014-10-15 18:39:12.7454 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
	A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]
	System.ArgumentException
	  at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Drawing.Image.CreateFromHandle (IntPtr handle) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Drawing.Image.LoadFromStream (System.IO.Stream stream, Boolean keepAlive) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream (System.IO.Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Drawing.ImageProcessor+<ProcessImage>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[System.String].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService+<GetImageResult>c__async0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

2014-10-15 18:39:12.7460 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /mediabrowser/Items/d2e6b9b42de951a53704862db288ff66/Images/Primary?Width=336&Quality=100&Tag=fd3eeb07a3dd9b985d00cf71bb68c6a5&EnableImageEnhancers=False
	A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]
	ServiceStack.HttpError
	No Stack Trace Available

Also, still no idea about the subtitle bug ?

Edited by Azor

OK i think i was able to use git as a repo, if this works i will add it to the official one luke mentioned in the previous post.

you can get the repo with:

then
sudo yum install MediaBrowserServer.noarch
to run the server
sudo systemctl start MediaBrowserServer
(need to wait a while after first start for the server to download ffmpeg)
http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/ <- visit the webpage as it wont open automatically because it is run as a service under a system user.

will we need to dedicate a single repo just for this? can it go in a subfolder of the existing one?

also - this is a great new development. let's get a new thread created about it

they can be hosted in the same place as the other files but it needs its own folder structure.

I made that one just to test if it was possible by utilizing the git raw file links before doing anything official.

It seems to work for me but I need some other people to test it to. 

• Like 1

- have you tested running MediaBrowser in a FreeBSD jail? Does this create any further issues?

- have you tested using mediabrowser's DLNA server?

Good day Woodsb02,

I consider Jail first but then wanted to test without a wall in between, but I will in the coming days.

Regarding DLNA, will test with RC2.

I will start posting here when I did testing all the operational of MB3 server in full.

Sorry if my reply not much of the help tho.

My best

jradams76

Hello I tried searching the threads and didnt see much about installing this on a NAS (Synology)  I also dont have a lot of Linux knowledge but will I be able to install MB3 Server on my Synology?  If so how will I go about doing this?

Am I correct in reading I would need to install Mono on the Synology and then have mono execute the package?

My desired setup would be to have MB3 Server installed on the NAS and then I have two Intel NUC's in my theater room and living room to serve up the movies using MB3 Client.  The Intel NUC's do all the heavy lifting the synology just sends the movies over the gigabit network connection.

Thanks for any help for a Linux newbie and sorry if this question has been asked before.

Jeremy

Edited by jradams76

Good day,

I will test freebsd jail tonight, btw, I will not use any jail management on this setting, can I ask, what problem you facing with mb3 running it on freebsd jail?

My best

I am trying to have an auto build for the package but the build happens in a vm with no internet access, is there any way to include all packages in the source and modify the code so that nuget doesn't try to restore packages from the net. (or how can i do this?) The build fails if i dont have an internet connection.  

Errors:

/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/MediaBrowser-master/src/MediaBrowser.Mono.sln (build) ->
[  149s] (Build target) ->
[  149s] /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/MediaBrowser-master/src/MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations/MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.csproj (default targets) ->
[  149s] /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/MediaBrowser-master/src/.nuget/NuGet.targets (RestorePackages target) ->
[  149s] 
[  149s] 	/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/MediaBrowser-master/src/.nuget/NuGet.targets: error : Command 'mono --runtime=v4.0.30319 /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/MediaBrowser-master/src/.nuget/NuGet.exe install "packages.config" -source ""  -RequireConsent -o "/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/MediaBrowser-master/src/packages"' exited with code: 1.

thefirstofthe300

I am trying to have an auto build for the package but the build happens in a vm with no internet access, is there any way to include all packages in the source and modify the code so that nuget doesn't try to restore packages from the net. (or how can i do this?) The build fails if i dont have an internet connection.  

Errors:

/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/MediaBrowser-master/src/MediaBrowser.Mono.sln (build) ->
[  149s] (Build target) ->
[  149s] /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/MediaBrowser-master/src/MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations/MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.csproj (default targets) ->
[  149s] /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/MediaBrowser-master/src/.nuget/NuGet.targets (RestorePackages target) ->
[  149s] 
[  149s] 	/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/MediaBrowser-master/src/.nuget/NuGet.targets: error : Command 'mono --runtime=v4.0.30319 /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/MediaBrowser-master/src/.nuget/NuGet.exe install "packages.config" -source ""  -RequireConsent -o "/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/MediaBrowser-master/src/packages"' exited with code: 1.

This would actually be helpful for the Arch package too as it would allow me to take the sudo commands out of the PKGBUILD (using sudo in the PKGBUILD is a worst practice kind of deal).

Ok, this is all done in source control so you guys can play with it as part of your packages. just don't do any releases with it yet because it's not a stable build.

OK that worked I was able to build the files.

It still need a little tweaking but for now it is able to generate rpms directly from github it should also be able to egnerate for debian and other distros with the correct building files. 

I have to look into a way so that when a release is done in git hub it autogeneratres a new package 

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:jose-pr/MediaBrowserServer

Edited by jose

woodsb02

Ok, this is all done in source control so you guys can play with it as part of your packages. just don't do any releases with it yet because it's not a stable build.

Great to hear! I will try the FreeBSD package build again this week.

fantaxp7

Anyone install this with debian? Looking to finally test this and I am not sure which version of mono to install specific to my release.

Thanks

Anyone install this with debian? Looking to finally test this and I am not sure which version of mono to install specific to my release.

Thanks

Version 3.10.0 works great on Debian 7.

You can either compile it or get it from Mono's repository :

deb http://debian.meebey.net/experimental/mono /
  • Like 1

Thanks

echo 'deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy main' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono.list
apt-get update
apt-get install -qy --force-yes libmono-cil-dev libgdiplus unzip

mkdir /opt/mediabrowser && cd /opt/mediabrowser
##REPLACE WITH CURRENT GIT REPO##
wget -O MBServer.Mono.zip https://www.dropbox.com/s/07hh1g4x9xo28jb/MBServer.Mono.zip?dl=1 && unzip MBServer.Mono.zip
rm MBServer.Mono.zip
mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

• Like 1

Glad that made a fast trick for you. I'll hear luke roar for giving you the dropbox download in spite of the new git one. But now I'm building up W7 machines and I don't have the urls at hand. Sorry.

Take into account that due to our linux version limitations, you'll probably have the libwebp.so issue (not seeing images in server web interface) Works flawless on clients thou.

To fix you'll have to compile libwebp.so on your system and replace the included one (used) under the mediabrowser directory.

• 3 weeks later...

at the moment no.  we use an automatic version and then i tag the version manually for the beta & stable snapshots.