Linux Setup

Luke

blindpet

I did that as well with mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -ffmpeg "/usr/bin", ffprobe doesn't seem to be installed and there is no ffprobe in raspbian repos. Going to try and compile from source.

blindpet

I have finally got this working on Pi machines (guide will follow) but am getting these errors:

Info, App, Scan media library Completed after 0 minute(s) and 3 seconds
Error while compiling generated serializer
(0,0) : error CS0006: Metadata file `System.dll' could not be found
(0,0) : error CS0006: Metadata file `System.Xml' could not be found
(0,0) : error CS0006: Metadata file `System.Data' could not be found
These concern me less, I'm assuming ffmpeg is used for transcoding

Info, App, FFMpeg: /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
Info, App, FFProbe: /usr/local/bin/ffprobe
Error, App, ffmpeg is missing encoder libx264
Error, App, ffmpeg is missing encoder libvpx
Error, App, ffmpeg is missing encoder libmp3lame
Error, App, ffmpeg is missing encoder libvorbis

Covers are not showing up though (logos are). I have libwebp 0.4.2 and libjpeg and libpng installed. All the fanart is in the folders.

blindpet

I have already streamed from the Pi to Mediabrowser on my machine, it worked with an mkv, avi and mp4.

As far as I can tell all dependencies are met. I compiled the latest ffmpeg and ffprobe, latest sqlite, latest libwebp. I installed libgdiplus and libmediainfo from the repos, are there specific versions that need to be used for libgdiplus and libmediainfo?

I also just got it running on the Raspberry Pi, forgot to apt-upgrade.

blindpet

OK I am now completely error free after managing to compile libmediainfo on a different distro.

EDIT: Still getting the CS006 error, just took a lot longer to show up this time.

I am still not seeing covers, the fanart is displaying and the logos for movies are. Just no movie covers / posters.

Edited by blindpet

blindpet

Still getting this error despite just compiling and installing the latest libgdiplus. The only dependency left is libmedia and compiling newest from source fails. If anyone can tell me which dependency is causing the error I can look into a new package.

Info, App, HttpClientManager GET: http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index.php?/blog/rss/1-media-browser-developers-blog
Error while compiling generated serializer
(0,0) : error CS0006: Metadata file `System.dll' could not be found
(0,0) : error CS0006: Metadata file `System.Xml' could not be found
(0,0) : error CS0006: Metadata file `System.Data' could not be found

the first set of errors probably are going to be a problem.

the second means you're not really going to be able to stream anything. 

streaming is going to be an issue with dlna. as far as the first set, i don't know. make sure all dependencies are being handled.

• 2 weeks later...
johnlo317

I installed the Phaze MediaBrowser for unraid5. Thought everything was good to go... Then when I try to play a video, it doesn't . Try another movie. Same thing. It works fine when MB3 server is installed on my PC. So it's not video codec.

My config dir. /mnt/cache/mb3server/ProgramData-Server

Cache dir. /mnt/cache/mediabrowser

Am I missing something? Do I need to install addition video codec to be install on my unraid?

I installed the Phaze MediaBrowser for unraid5. Thought everything was good to go... Then when I try to play a video, it doesn't . Try another movie. Same thing. It works fine when MB3 server is installed on my PC. So it's not video codec.

Am I missing something? Do I need to install addition video codec to be install on my unraid?

Please see

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

• Like 1

johnlo317

ok, lets try this again.   attached the files.   hopefully i am uploading the right one.

all i did was play the video.   i get a blank screen...  waiting.  waiting and waiting...  i think after some time (maybe a minute of waiting), a pop up saying mb3 appl not responsing.  i cant remember.    when the server is installed on the PC with the client, the files played fine.   Im using Phaze MB3 for unraid5.  his latest version from his thread in unraid forum community.

thanks

server-63553463793.txt

transcode-b01d5154-e58f-4a95-8777-7a1641d23f4e.txt

Edited by johnlo317

johnlo317

Curious - on the windows pc where it works fine, what version of windows?

Win7. Clean installed too. Upgraded the hard drive after building the Unraid NAS.

Win7. Clean installed too. Upgraded the hard drive after building the Unraid NAS.

Can you post the settings you set in the plugin page?  I see a 'write failure' showing in the logs as the error for streaming.

Edited by PhAzE

johnlo317

Can you post the settings you set in the plugin page?  I see a 'write failure' showing in the logs as the error for streaming.

The plug-in for your mb3 server? Or plug in on MB3 classic ?

johnlo317

Can you post the settings you set in the plugin page? I see a 'write failure' showing in the logs as the error for streaming.

post-10704-0-51350800-1418009424_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnlo317

johnlo317

NOt to rush or anything.   Just wondering if you see error or something on my txt that i have attached few days ago.   

Thanks

Disable the custom cache directory. It will default under the config directory that way. Then give it a try. Otherwise your settings look fine for the plugin. The error I saw was a write failure during the transcode. I'm not sure if that's related to ffmpeg or the unraid tmpfs setup.

I'm having a problem where MediaBrowser automatically stops after a successful start. I mean that it starts and after 30sec or so it stops.

There's no error being logged. It only gets all it's dependencies and after that nothing more.

Any idea? I'm getting the mono zip package.

johnlo317

Disable the custom cache directory. It will default under the config directory that way. Then give it a try. Otherwise your settings look fine for the plugin. The error I saw was a write failure during the transcode. I'm not sure if that's related to ffmpeg or the unraid tmpfs setup.

Seem to be playing now. Did have one movie I was not able to play. Then I have another one where it took a minute or so for the video to start. Not sure why. It could be because the way I RIP that bluray. The one that just didn't want to play did play when the media sever was on local PC. No biggie. Only one movie that I know of. I can always RIP that disc again.

Thanks for your help.... And making MB3 possible.

Edited by johnlo317

thefirstofthe300

I'm having a problem where MediaBrowser automatically stops after a successful start. I mean that it starts and after 30sec or so it stops.

There's no error being logged. It only gets all it's dependencies and after that nothing more.

You will need to post the server log.

AdamBearWA

I'm having the same issue.

Attached are all the logs.

Edit: I believe this is the same error as http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/14850-upgrade-to-5445-on-ubuntu-now-server-wont-start/

Logs.zip

Edited by AdamN

You will need to post the server log.

Log showed nothing.

But after adjusting dependencies it worked again. Something was missing.

As I'm working in a debian beta deployment I thought It was my fault. (posted a response saying that was working again, but the phone seems to had eaten it)