Beta 2.2.0

cmcg

FrostByte

So is anyone else having issues with the "Latest" posters not showing up for movies and tv shows?  Emby server 3.1.10X and 2.2.0g client?

I've have the issue ever since I upgraded the server to 3.1. 

Thanks.

I'm not seeing this problem, and it looks like we're on the same version of Server

shorty1483

Ok, installed 2.2.0g from scratch with Power off TV etc. Never had any problems with HV until most recent changes...

Symptoms:

1. Log in a user and change HV from default

57b69bf5f03a4_IMAG0959800x452.jpg

2. Changed HV seems to get adopted by app settings + Continue Watching

57b69cadaecf4_IMAG0958800x452.jpg

3. Whenever I try to change the HV1 again, the app freezes and I need to power off TV.

• Like 2

OddbOd

I'm seeing the same behaviour as shorty1483 with 2.2.0g & Server 3.0.6070 on D, F and H series. After the client tries to login it either freezes or bails out. Running the NextUp request (per the log excerpt below) from a browser or wget eventually produces a response but I'm seeing times of 30 seconds or more.

25/08/2016 23:33 User <removed> authenticated. 
25/08/2016 23:33 HV1 Title: Next Up
25/08/2016 23:33 HV2 Title: Latest Movies
25/08/2016 23:33 Server Error: The HTTP status returned by the server was 0
25/08/2016 23:33 http://192.168.0.200:8096/emby/Shows/NextUp?format=json&UserId=e25e933cab8e40bb956dcdb73b26de1c&IncludeItemTypes=Episode&ExcludeLocationTypes=Virtual&Limit=24&Fields=PrimaryImageAspectRatio,SeriesInfo,DateCreated,SyncInfo,SortName&ImageTypeLimit=1&EnableImageTypes=Primary,Backdrop,Banner,Thumb
25/08/2016 23:33 Server Error: The HTTP status returned by the server was 0
25/08/2016 23:33 http://192.168.0.200:8096/emby/Users/e25e933cab8e40bb956dcdb73b26de1c/Items/Latest?format=json&IncludeItemTypes=Movie&IsFolder=false&fields=ParentId,SortName,Overview,Genres,RunTimeTicks

That said, I'm a little suspicious that there's another factor at work here as now I can't login with the 1.x client either.

UPDATE: The issue for me was almost definitely caused by the server. I had to do some unrelated updates that required a reboot and a few hours later all clients are able to login but some images are being served at incorrect sizes. Currently waiting on a new server release.

@@cmcg - the splash-screen doesn't freeze, but I get like a ribbon image on the screen. Is that a Samsung image?

I'm not able to amend the code, sorry.

The ribbon image is part of the client, it's the background for the server/login screen.
Edited by OddbOd
  • Like 2

above1

I'm not seeing this problem, and it looks like we're on the same version of Server

hmm.. ok... i will play around with my setup to see if I can get it to work.

I have a ES8000 stock.  

2.2.0h

Home page optimisations based on recent server API changes.

Fixed: Bottom row of album listing covers music controls.

Fixed: Item count undefined on Album-Artist page.

Fixed: Verticle screen movement on Album-Artist page.

Fixed: Long playlists cause vertilcle page shift.

Fixed: Watched icon clipped on Item Details page.

Fixed: Text flows off About page.

If you have been suffering from start-up freezing with these betas then I am sorry to say that I am still unable to replicate the issue. I have both dev and stable servers and have tried every combination of users and settings but without a single lock-up accessing the home page. Please retest with this new beta and post whether you can load the home page or not. If not, try your best to describe your set up and the steps to replicate.

Many thanks.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 5

FrostByte

The splash screen on 2.2.0h seems to go by real quick on my TV.  I wouldn't even know what it was if I hadn't had previous versions.  Not that I mind because I don't think it's really necessary, but maybe either delete it or delay it going away some

FrostByte

Ahh, is that why it seems to start faster now?  It's really quick now.  If you blink you may miss the ss.   The longest part when starting is when you see the Emby logo and the spinner, then the ss flashes real quick, then I get my Home page

That sounds a lot quicker than mine, but then, my server is down in the garage at the moment (office refurb). I may try to ensure the ss stays up just long enough to show the version at least.

• Like 1

CBers

I may try to ensure the ss stays up just long enough to show the version at least.

Do we really need the splash-screen?

What does it give us functionally?

If the apps not going to load to the home screen, then it makes no difference if the SS is there or not.

Just a thought.

:)

LLDaLastDon

Im having issues playing HEVC (H265) videos on my UN75HU8550. I tries to play for about a second then gets "undefined rendor error type - 6. I am on 2.2.0h. Any one else having these issues?

5b0edf728b808ec15da66fb7c182c835.jpg

Edited by LLDaLastDon

FrostByte

I just played an episode of TWD in HEVC/H265 fine with 220h.  If that error popped up while playing then it's an error from the TV and not the app.  According to the log you posted the app is direct playing the file, then the TV throws the error type meaning it can't play the file for some reason.

The following are render errors from the Samsung developers forums, type 6 is undefined as you found out. 

1. Unsupported container

2. Unsupported video codec

3. Unsupported audio codec

4. Unsupported video resolution

Could you post the media info for the file?  Preferably from the actual program, though the one from the web client may help.  It could be the number of reference frames, or something else the TV doesn't like.  If that is the case then the app may have to be told to transcode your file

You could try playing the file from USB and using the Samsung's built in media app.  That would eliminate the app and my guess is give you a render error also

LLDaLastDon

I just played an episode of TWD in HEVC/H265 fine with 220h. If that error popped up while playing then it's an error from the TV and not the app. According to the log you posted the app is direct playing the file, then the TV throws the error type meaning it can't play the file for some reason.

The following are render errors from the Samsung developers forums, type 6 is undefined as you found out.

1. Unsupported container

2. Unsupported video codec

3. Unsupported audio codec

4. Unsupported video resolution

Could you post the media info for the file? Preferably from the actual program, though the one from the web client may help. It could be the number of reference frames, or something else the TV doesn't like. If that is the case then the app may have to be told to transcode your file

You could try playing the file from USB and using the Samsung's built in media app. That would eliminate the app and my guess is give you a render error also

You are correct I get a error when trying to play it via USB. Is there instructions somewhere to shows how to force transcoding for a particular file format? Also I have attached the screenshot of the file information. 57bc458af9eb6473e29e6538dab9a3d7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

FrostByte

I don't believe there are any options that would force it to transcode unless you want to play with the settings for bitrate or audio codecs.

Trying to figure out what in your file should trigger the code to transcode the file.  Does your manual by chance say what levels it supports for HEVC (there should be a chart for Supported Video Codecs followed by some paragraphs on the next page)?  Mine says it supports up to level 4.1 for H264, but says nothing about the level for H265.  Right now the code allows up to level 5.1 (5.1 x30 = 153).  I'm just wondering if that's too high. 

Here is the code for HEVC, obviously your file is within all so that's why it's Direct Playing

case "hevc":    	    

this.codec = true;

this.container = ["asf","avi","mkv","mp4","3gpp","mpg","mpeg","ts","m4v","m2ts","mov","vro","tp","trp","flv","vob","svi","mts","divx"];

this.resolution = [1920,1080];

this.bitrate = 50720000;

this.framerate = 30;

this.level = 153;			//  Level 4  (HEVC is x30 not x10 like h264)

this.profile = ["Base","Constrained Baseline","Baseline","Main","High"];

break;	

FrostByte

Well, I don't think it's the level.  The file I'm playing is level 5 and it direct streams fine.

If you can get the full version of the program mediainfo (it's free) and post pics of the rest of the information that may help.  Or, maybe post a sample of the file or tell me where I can get that file so I can look at it.

57c61a065f708_hevc.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

@cmcg there may be a problem with the HEVC code above.  According to my manual "HEVC codec is only available in MKV /MP4 / TS containers.​" 

LLDaLastDon

Heres a pic of the Video and Audio of the file.    I also went to samsungs website to search for the supported file types for my tv and attached what I've found also. 

post-80630-0-72883400-1472602411_thumb.png

post-80630-0-12046000-1472602412_thumb.png

FrostByte

I went ahead and downloaded your manual too and found this also on the page right after the table you posted.  I'm still not sure what the issue with your file other than there is no profile specified in the second mediainfo pic you posted. 

Any way you could load the file or a sample of the file to the cloud somewhere?

57c6383412087_HEVC2.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

@cmcg there may be a problem with the HEVC code above.  According to my manual "HEVC codec is only available in MKV /MP4 / TS containers.​"

Nice find, thanks Frosty. It won't help @@LLDaLastDon though. To force transcoding set the bitrate to it's lowest value.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Ya, other than there is no profile format for video found by mediainfo I don't seen anything that is wrong with that file right now

fluffykiwi

loving this beta. Updated without any problems and really like being able to select the highlighting colour.

Only slight issue for me, as mentioned by others, is support for direct play of 4K files. I'm using UE55HU8500.

Also slight vertical movement in Album Artist screen, about half a line.

I cannot test Live TV as my TV card is not supported in Windows 10, and I never really used it in previous versions.

*edit* added full model number.

Edited by fluffykiwi
  • Like 1

FrostByte

loving this beta. Updated without any problems and really like being able to select the highlighting colour.

Only slight issue for me, as mentioned by others, is support for direct play of 4K files. I'm using  55HU8500

The code for 4K was already added.  What is the full model number you have?  Is it UE55HU8500?

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/SamsungSmartTV/blob/2.2_dev/app/javascript/Gui/GuiPlayer/GuiPlayer_TranscodeParams.js

FrostByte

Nice find, thanks Frosty. It won't help @@LLDaLastDon though. To force transcoding set the bitrate to it's lowest value.

The profile formats may need to be dialed back some also looking at the first pic (the chart one) LLDaLastDon posted from the user's manual

FrostByte

There should be a comment in your log file "Model year is HU" if it was identified corretly

//Get the model year - Used for transcoding

if (pluginTV.GetProductCode(0).substring(0,2) == "HT" || pluginTV.GetProductCode(0).substring(0,2) == "BD"){

this.modelYear = pluginTV.GetProductCode(0).substring(3,4);

} else if (pluginTV.GetProductCode(0).substring(4,6) == "HU") {

this.modelYear = "HU";

} else {

this.modelYear = pluginTV.GetProductCode(0).substring(4,5);

}

FileLog.write("Model Year is " + this.modelYear);

fluffykiwi

The code for 4K was already added.  What is the full model number you have?  Is it UE55HU8500?

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/SamsungSmartTV/blob/2.2_dev/app/javascript/Gui/GuiPlayer/GuiPlayer_TranscodeParams.js

Sorry, yeah UE55HU8500.

I only have four 4K movies.

When I play them through Emby I get the following:-

----------------------------

Deadpool

Matroska

5.1 Audio

Dolby Digital

H.264

4K/H264/AC3: Stream Copy - Audio Not first Track

(first track is portugese I select English 2nd track).

This used to transcode but now plays great :)

---------------------------------

Independence Day

xMP4

2.0 Audio

AAC

H.264

4K/H264/AAC: Transcoding Audio and Video

-----------------------------------------

The Lego Movie

Matroska

AAC

H.264

4K/H264/AAC: Transcoding Audio and Video

-----------------------------------------

Revenant

Matroska

DTS Digital Surround

H.264

Tries to run but gives connection error.

Not a big issue as I direct play these movies through TV's built in media player.

btw I have no idea what the Emby TV Settings changefor audio encoding, as no matter what I change in Enable Dolby, Enable DTS or Enable AAC Transcoding I seem to get the exact same results. I play audio through a Samsung 2.1 soundbar.