Beta 2.2.0

cmcg

Which model TV?

This app is for the older Orsay TV's, not those running Tizen.

KU6020, and Tizen does have support but only in USA.

So was attempting to use a bridge to PC for vpn to setup TV if in US.

Plenty of discussion about new models and US support only and still waiting on World wide release.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

FrostByte

Did you have your location changed to US from the hidden service menu also when you tried it?  Not sure if it's the same keys, but on my model the following works using the remote

Power off + 1 + 8 + 2 + Power on

gbone8106

cmcg, how can I get a zip of 2.2.0i? I am looking to make a change to the HEVC profile for testing, (adding Main 10 for some 4k movies), but when I pull from GitHub its version 2.2.0g.  Unless you can add "Main 10" to the Profile under HEVC for HU TVs. Can you help?

Edited by gbone8106
  • Like 1

cmcg, how can I get a zip of 2.2.0i? I am looking to make a change to the HEVC profile for testing, (adding Main 10 for some 4k movies), but when I pull from GitHub its version 2.2.0g.  Unless you can add "Main 10" to the Profile under HEVC for HU TVs. Can you help?

Emby_2.2.0i_Europe_20160912.zip

• Like 2

@@Luke, I've created a pull-request to bring the repository for this app in line with the current beta version v2.2.0i (the repository is currently behind at 2.2.0g)

I then propose to do one more pull-request to bring in the 4:3 aspect ratio changes from @@anderbytes.  We'll call it 2.2.0j but won't officially publish a beta as it is a minor change and anderbytes has tested it.

As the beta release is probably as stable as the current stable and I expect further development on this app is unlikely at this time, unless there is any objection I suggest we then create a new stable release based on 2.2.0j which can be published on this server.

If there is no concerns raised in this forum, can you please assist to merge these changes.  I'll wait until it's merged before pushing through 2.2.0j.

Thanks

• Like 3

OK, so the dev version of the code is now up-to date.

I suppose the next action is a pull dev into master or 2.x_release  (not sure which, or both?) , then create a new stable version.  

Any ideas on the next stable release version number.  2.3.0 or is it 2.2.0?

@@Luke, can you manage this please?  When its created I can build and send you the package for the server.

Happy to see this taken forward. The next version number is 2.2.0 which has seen many betas. It's about time it got merged up.

If you look at the top of main.js you can enable/disable things like LiveTV which is probably not ready for a release that could be referred to as stable. But given the restrictions of hosting multiple versions and lack of Samsung QA you might want to just refer to it as beta forever, even if you drop the letters from the end of the version number and just increment each release.

This would be in line with my belief that the API use and structure of the app would make it quite challenging to get through Samsung testing. For instance, I suspect the BD player install problem may be caused by an incompatible API. Of course, it may not do anyone any harm to submit it, and could be very instructive. But if it caused a big delay in moving the Tizen version forward it may not be worth the effort.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 4

Can I propose we make the current (unreleased) 2.2.0j beta into stable 2.2.0 and host it to Luke's server.  I'm happy to leave in things like LiveTV.  We can document on the download instructions that some feature aren't fully developed and may not always work as expected.  Maybe we just highlight that this is 'as-is' and is no longer in ongoing development.

I'm happy to look at critical bug fixes if required and I'm sure there's enough of us on the forum that can test this via side-loading before updating the release.  To be honest, I'd be surprised if there is really anything much of an urgent/critical nature that will come up.

Thanks @@cmcg for all your great work!

• Like 2

The main problem with the guide is just that it's not feature complete compared to the web client. As far as I know it works fairly well. You can press record (and again to record series) and channel browsing works as expected. It does cause some crashes if your guide data is empty, which would be easy to fix. I just didn't notice until recently, the reason being that nobody is using or testing it much.

But I do like this 2.2.0 version. It has nice visual improvements over the previous stable release, including a slightly nicer home screen and user-selectable highlight colour. Plus client-side image caching that @Chessdragon added for us.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Blueeyiz702

I'm having a issue when watching a movie,that my Emby does not respond when a use function such as volume or stop or other functions. Also the movie will 

just stop when playing and exit out back to regular tv. I'm using the latest beta 2.2.0i on samsung smart tv model UN40H5023

Edited by blueeyiz7021

​Hi

​Just wanted to let you know that the Install instructions for the 2011 D-series provides IP 82.27.106.58, which installs 2.20i

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-smart-tv-app-install-instructions/&do=findComment&comment=277348

​​IP address was last updated 18 Nov 2016

Luckily, I still have copy of 1.06 (downloaded from Github), which I can run off a USB drive as a workaround.

​On an aside; 1.06 when running; identifies itself as 1.07 for some reason.

​Don't post very often so I'll just say Many​Thanks to all those involved in the App development. My wife really enjoys the what the app offers. Very happy, even running the now obsolete 1.06

Also, Cheers to everyone over the holiday season and all the best to you and your families. :)

• Like 2

FrostByte

​Luckily, I still have copy of 1.06 (downloaded from Github), which I can run off a USB drive as a workaround.

​​

I'm not sure we will ever get that version hosted anywhere again.  Another solution would be to setup your own internal webserver and host/install it from there.  Better than side-loading it from USB all the time I think.

Cheers

• Like 3

I'm not sure we will ever get that version hosted anywhere again.  Another solution would be to setup your own internal webserver and host/install it from there.  Better than side-loading it from USB all the time I think.

Cheers

​No problem. I'll look into your suggestion of running an internal webserver. Cheers for the quick reply as well.

2.20i looks great from what I've seen. I suggested we repurpose the bedroom telly and upgrade her to a new one, but she's happy with 1.06 for now.

​All the best.

• Like 1

anyone else having issues getting past the login screen for selecting user??? running 2.20i

Hi @@chattojimnow can you please describe your issue in more detail? thanks !

chattojimnow

can select server on the 2.20i version of the samsung tv app, i have two accounts and i can move around can select change server and manual login but when i select either profile nothing happends just sits there! so stuck at screen all i can do is exit

get this entry on server aswell

dvr

hodges successfully authenticated
29/12/2016 1:35:33 pm
Ip address: 192.168.0.2

but just sits on screen doesnt go into movies interface

Edited by chattojimnow

CBers

Same problem here as well, but I thought it was the same problem I've had in the past.

I've had to uninstall and reinstall it previously.

CBers

done that... didnt fix the issue

Damn!

The problem we have, is that we can't see the log file within the app at that point.

I'll uninstall and reinstall a bit later.

For reference, I have had this issue for a few months, but @@cmcg couldn't reproduce.

I did track it down to auto-login, so turned it off, but I'm still seeing the issue as you have stated.

Does the stable version work?

chattojimnow

yeha but i had issue with playback.... im using a older 2011 bluray tho.... is it not supported??? noticed its updated. 1.06 would play and stop  freeze after playing for a few minutes

CBers

I've just uninstalled and reinstalled v2.2.0i on my F8000 TV and the app logs in OK now.

Playback is working fine as well.

Will try later once the TV is power cycled.

It might be the blue-ray player, but I believe that @@FrostByte has it installed on his BD player as well. Hopefully he'll comment later.

I am running the dev release of the server.

chattojimnow

ok.. what do you think i should try as it allows me to exit... enter the other minor pages for server and manual entry.  i might try deleting the 2nd profile and see if it will make it go straight in. *shrugs*