Synology Package in Development (Pre-release Testers Wanted)

solabc16

1) Are you currently running Emby on Synology? If yes, which Synology platform are you using?

No

2) Would you be willing to test development packages?

Yes, on a DS213+ (Qoriq) with DSM6.0

Hi, i also would love to be in the beta programm for the ds216play.

I have only been waiting for a version to work with the ds216play that i can finally get rid of plex.

Thank you!

solabc16

Hello @@frankp

The DS213+ (Qoriq) doesn't currently have a pre-release package available, we're still looking at feasibility for this platform.

However, I have sent you a PM.

Best

- James

1) Are you currently running Emby on Synology? If yes, which Synology platform are you using?

YES, DS416play

2) Would you be willing to test development packages?
YES. I'd like to help you with testing

Hi James,

Thanks a lot, but I can not find the package in "Package Center -> Explore -> Community"...

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Christophe

solabc16

Hi Christophe

I'll have a look a little later on today and see what the issue is. Your platform is supported, so if you can stand by I'll get back to you.

- James

Another question concerning Emby server.
It to replace Plex who can not manage the DTS audio stream with Synology.

Emby he can manage these flows?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

It's ok for internal Disk or usb.

I've a probleme to connect network :

"There was an error adding the media path. Please ensure the path is valid and the Emby Server process has access to that location."

It's to find a Mybooklive on my local network...

Hi James,

Yes.
The package is OK :-)
I'm on the configuration.
I go to the DD in usb on my NAS
By cons I do not access the DD network by entering the path: \\ 192.168.1 .... I must check the syntax

solabc16

Hi @@chon38

Ok, that's good, what was the issue? Anything that would be useful to be aware of, in terms of the documentation?

The Synology box on which Emby Server is running, will not be able to directly access a network share.

This is something that is not currently supported by Synology/Mono, which Emby Server depends upon.

The workaround, is to mount the network share as part of the file system on the Synology box you are running Emby Server on.

This thread may help you: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/38561-add-media-library-from-second-synology-box/

Best

- James

anthonyelton

I tried once to follow the instructions to add emby to my synology 215+ but it did not work, and I have not tried again.  I would be willing to test a trial package and return information to you about it.

Anthony Elton