Synology Package in Development (Pre-release Testers Wanted)

solabc16

solabc16

hi james,

a minor issue to report, if i change the ports that emby on the synlogy uses this doesnt get reflected in the link in package center.

cheers

Hi @@Spaceboy

That's a good spot.

As the values aren't directly connected, this can happen.

Saying that, I have a few ideas on how we could tidy that up, so leave it with me and I'll see what we can do in a future refresh.

- James

solabc16

Hello All

As you have probably noticed, the initial work on the Intel package is complete and is now out in the wild.

We've started work on support for the Marvell processors and are now ready to start testing.

The first alpha, which is ready now, will target the Kirkwood and Armada 300 series processors; others will follow soon after.

If you don't know what type of processor your NAS has, check this Wiki page here: https://github.com/M...ls-by-Processor

So, if you'd like to help us with testing, drop us a note here with your Synology model and we'll get in touch.

NOTE: As per the first post on this thread, the Emby package will install in parallel with your existing setup and not touch or interfer with it in any way.

Best

- James

Hi James

I believe my NAS the DS214se has the following processor:

Armada 370

x14 : DS214se

I know I have had problems but would gladly test if you want me to.

Thanks

Nic

Hello @@Nic_J001

Thanks for offering to test, you'll receive a PM shortly with the test programme details.

- James

horstepipe

You can count on me when you release a test version for ArmadaXP.

Synology DS414, currently successfully running Emby (mono).

DarWun

You can count on me when you release a test version for ArmadaXP.

Synology DS414, currently successfully running Emby (mono).

I'm right there with horstepipe.  I also have a Synology DS414 that currently has Emby up and running using Mono.

Edited by DarWun

Hello All

As you have probably noticed, the initial work on the Intel package is complete and is now out in the wild.

We've started work on support for the Marvell processors and are now ready to start testing.

The first alpha, which is ready now, will target the Kirkwood and Armada 300 series processors; others will follow soon after.

If you don't know what type of processor your NAS has, check this Wiki page here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-Summary-of-Models-by-Processor

So, if you'd like to help us with testing, drop us a note here with your Synology model and we'll get in touch.

NOTE: As per the first post on this thread, the Emby package will install in parallel with your existing setup and not touch or interfer with it in any way.

Best

- James

Hi James,

I am new to the world of Emby. I only recently discovered this excellent tool. But you can count on me to test the beta package on my Synology server.

My Synology NAS is a DS411 with Armada 300 (88f6282 (armv5)). I have never installed Emby on the NAS.

bobaldis

Keep up the good work, getting excited for my turn when it happens :)

Freescale

QorIQ P1022

x13 : DS213+

solabc16

Keep up the good work, getting excited for my turn when it happens :)

Freescale

QorIQ P1022

x13 : DS213+

We're getting closer, thanks for your patience.

- James

solabc16

Hello All

Initial test packages are now available for all Marvell based machines running DSM6, so this covers Armada 38x, Armada 375, Armada 370, Armada 300, Armada XP and Kirkwood.

If you want to get early access and can help with testing, see notes here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/34866-synology-package-in-development/?p=353642

Also interested to hear from anybody running ST Microelectronics, Annapurna Labs or MindSpeed based systems; if you're not sure you can cross-reference here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-Summary-of-Models-by-Processor

- James

jrpinto

Hello All

If you don't know what type of processor your NAS has, check this Wiki page here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-Summary-of-Models-by-Processor

Best

- James

Hi, there!

When you say "Armada 300 series" is it 370 family included?

CheRowley

Hello @@gandja

Can you be more specific with the issues you believe you will run into in your environment?

Whilst all platforms have their issues, DSM6 at this point is widely and successfully deployed in both consumer and commercial environments.

The DS1813+ was an active part of our test programme. If there was a significant demand for DSM5 support, it's something we might consider.

Best

-James

I'd like DSM 5 support too please as running xpenology 5.2... DSM 6 not stable on xpenology yet as apparently synology are dragging their heels on releasing source code...

cheers!

to.gu.de

@solabc16

Good evening James,

I want to give back some of the time you gave to us - so put me on your tester list with:

DS213j

MARVELL Armada 370

DSM 6.0-7321 Update 6

- Tom

solabc16

Hello @to.gu.de

Thanks, appreciated.

I've just sent you a PM, adding you to the 'DSM6/ARM Synology Package Testing' group.

Best

- James

solabc16

Hello @@bobaldis, @@darkside2006

We now have the first build of the package for QorIQ based machines ready for testing, I've sent you a PM.

If anybody else is interested in testing the QorIQ package (DS213+/DS413), let us know.

Best
- James

metarded

I would also like to help out and join the testing group. 

DS213j

MARVELL Armada 370

DSM 6.0.1-7393 Update 2

Kind regards