Work Around For rPi 2 emby sync crash with OpenElec

Fratopolis

Fratopolis

Ok if your Kodi (Openelec) is crashing during an initial sync I have found a workaround. 

-Load OpenElec x86 on a laptop or desktop.

-Then setup emby addon the way you want it.

-Once sync is complete and everything is working run an openelec backup and restore the backup on your pi.

The incremental syncs work fine after that. It seems to be just that first sync it does not like. I have done this numerous times and works great.

ENJOY :)

Edited by Fratopolis

Angelblue05

The fix is already added to stable. The crash is caused by hammering the Kodi api while importing artwork. This issue seems specific to rpi devices only.

To fix the crash, just limit the artwork cache thread to 25 in the add-on settings > sync options as already stated here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21888-emby-for-kodi-10-liv/?p=301909

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Heheh :) Well now you know (I just made it in bold so people can see it better). When we will rework the initial set up, I will add a prompt for this, so you can enable it before the initial sync starts.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

CBers

Maybe we can query the processor type and set it to 25 for ARM.

Or the OS.

Seems to work fine without changing anything with OSMC on a RPi/RPi2.

I'm sure @@scalda will confirm.

Or the OS.

Seems to work fine without changing anything with OSMC on a RPi/RPi2.

I'm sure @@scalda will confirm.

I can confirm that osmc on all of my pis (3 pi 1's & 1 pi 2) doesn't have any problems with default settings for syncing

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Maybe we can query the processor type and set it to 25 for ARM.

Even better kodi has an infolabel to inform the system is a pi

Angelblue05

Yes, I wanted to make it display the dialog during the initial setup based on that fact. However, since this particular info label is not very "precise", it's better to let the user decide to enable the setting or not. I think kodi returns anything linux as linux/rpi. So it's not rpi specific, but better than nothing.

Edited by Angelblue05