PLAYz emby for LG Smart TVs

simonjhogan
Go to solution Solved by ellnic,

This is normal. When static=false you are using progressive video encoding. The consuming video player will not be able detect a runtime. If you are transcoding, you should use the HLS streaming url instead. That's what the official app will be doing for LG.

I thought of an interesting idea for this app. You could actually make a skin for the official app that would allow your presentation of choice to be used. Then the skin would not only work on the LG version, but tizen, windows, xbox, and all the other platforms it's launching on as well.

Ok, your HLS suggestion works for me and in fact, offering only the HLS url worked fine for all videos on my TV.  Thx!  Now I just need to get the resume feature working.  For some reason, using StartTimeTicks with the HLS stream URL is having no effect and setting currentTime only works sporadically...

you don't use starttimeticks with hls, because with hls the seeking is client-side, not server-side. you just tell the player to start at whatever position you want, just as if you were direct playing.

Hey all,

Trying to get a handle on how to get started in adding the LG app on my set, but maybe I'm not seeing the instructions.

Could you please point me to where I should start. I don't have a webOS set, but rather the style before (Netcast?) if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
CFC

Edited by CFC

cmarques

Hey all,

Trying to get a handle on how to get started in adding the LG app on my set, but maybe I'm not seeing the instructions.

Could you please point me to where I should start. I don't have a webOS set, but rather the style before (Netcast?) if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

CFC

sorry guy, I didn't well understood what you would like to do.
have you a webos tv? and you want to test the app from this thread?

sorry guy, I didn't well understood what you would like to do.
have you a webos tv? and you want to test the app from this thread?

Thanks.

I would like to test the app from this thread. I do not have a webOS set, it's Netcast.

Sorry for the confusion.

CFC

Edited by CFC

cmarques

Thanks.

I would like to test the app from this thread. I do not have a webOS set, it's Netcast.

Sorry for the confusion.

CFC

no problem  ^_^
but I'm so sorry, this app is intended only for webos tvs.
perhaps you can try the web app, but if also not works, I think onlu DLNA will work for you.

cmarques
Hi @@kwilcox, just to you know, in the lastest release (github), when I press back button in the remote, screenplay sends me directly to home screen, and not to the last page visited as supposed to do.

example: I'm selecting Movies -> All Movies -> Title so when I press back, I'm going directly to home screen, instead All Movies page.

no problem  ^_^
but I'm so sorry, this app is intended only for webos tvs.
perhaps you can try the web app, but if also not works, I think onlu DLNA will work for you.

Ahh, thanks.

So somewhere along it must have split off completely from Netcast, as I believe the original incarnation was for it.

No worries.

If there's one thing thankfully we're not lacking on the Emby front, it's app availability.

CFC

cmarques

I really have not seen a netcast version of emby around, perhaps a Plex app, because Screenplay (this app) is based on the original Playz app for Plex, from Simon (simonjhogan).

The new back button behavior is actually required by LG.  Back needs to go to the home screen.

Really? Surprising. I've just tried all my existing apps, and they all handle the back button how you'd expect it to - cycling back through your history. When you've gone back through all, then it usually drops out, possibly with a prompt "are you sure you want to exit" (BBC iPlayer, BBC News, Netflix, Amazon Video, Google Play Movies & Videos, YouTube, etc...)

The "Exit" button drops you straight out.

Well, I re-read the defect description:

※ BACK button should be keep working until it takes the user back to the initial app status.
※ Issue must be defined by the depth / layer.

...and you folks appear to be correct.  I misinterpreted the defect description.  added to my "to-fix" list...

Ha!  Almost there!

The OK button bug is now corrected.  I only have the back button behavior requirement left to do and I know exactly what's going on.  Should have it sorted today sometime, then final check against the defect list, push the version to the repo for those of you who are following along and submit v1.0.2 to QA

I'll update the repository tonight.  I think everyone will really like the changes.  Some notes:

• bitrate is always honored now.  If you have playback pauses or playback takes a long time to start, lower the video bitrate.  Flawless playback using the default 10MB/s video bitrate requires 802.11n WiFi or a direct connection to your TV.
  • I'm still working on improving video positioning performance with HLS streams.  Resume, Fast Forward, Rewind, and skip are affected.
Edited by kwilcox